It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest after key fob weapon found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Arrest after key fob weapon found

news.bbc.co.uk

A man was arrested after police seized a key fob gun during a stop and search in Greater Manchester.

The miniature firearms are small enough to clip a key ring and capable of firing two .22 bullets at close range...

...Such key fob weapons are often imported from Eastern Europe and have become a worrying novelty weapon for gang members.

The weapon, which fires two .22 bullets, is cocked by pulling part of the key ring.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This happened about 10 minutes walk from my house so it's fairly worrying for me personally as whilst this particular item is off the streets, it's unlikely that it was a unique item.

There's seems to be a connection to Eastern Europe and there's a burgeoning Polish community in my area at the moment, so perhaps that's how the weapon has appeared. I hope it's not the case that the weapon has actually come in with the Polish community as the Poles I meet on a day-to-day basis, seem genuinely nice people.

Not being particularly enamoured with weaponry, I've not seen this particular weapon before. I think it's sad that ingenuity is wasted on items like this.

Of course, the solution to this is to carry a bigger key fob weapon! [/sarcasm]

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You mean a pen gun?Key ring gun?
They are not hard to make.
You could make one.
They don't fire many round though.
But a .22 pen gun to the head close range will kill you quick.

join