It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

letter to congress..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Who wrote this prefers to remain anonymous. It's a favor to post everywhere I can.
They won't answer questions.
I've read it and I had a bit of thinking to do afterward. I do like a lot points, but too wordy. We all are feeling the crunch, no doubt. Credit where due. Ideas from another poster on ATS.

[BEGIN]
Dear Senator, Congress,
I am an American Citizen and have been working to support myself and my family since I was seven-teen. I have also supported the government, in which case I feel that I have a say in how it's operated. Such is the situation of more than 138 million other taxpayers and potential voters in these great UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
The purpose of this letter is very simple.
I am formally and respectfully requesting that you send me and my family, our bail-out package immediately. $5,000.00 should get us started. We reserve the right to request more funds, should we deem it necessary. That judgment will be made at our discretion. We reserve our right to privacy and ask that you not question our intentions as to how we disburse our bail-out package. In addition, we insist that we are to proceed without oversight or judiciary review. Understand, that we as individuals can make our own decisions as to how we should handle our funds. Those, who we initially relied upon to perform this function have failed miserably, inspiring nothing but distrust in their methods of making financial decisions and ensuring economic stability. Since we are being asked to accept, as fact, that the Government knows what it's doing with its finances, we expect the same courtesy. Your compensation, as a party to this agreement shall be limited to, our consideration to vote for your re-election.
Obviously, you can understand that the entire idea of the previous content is utterly ridiculous, much as the governmental re financing of Corporate America is a ridiculous expense to the taxpayer. The only way to solve this financial crisis is to let these elitists, fail. Sanction the destruction of the financial institutions involved in this fiasco! There will always be willing groups ready to pick up the pieces and take ethical responsibility, where others would not.
The result of assistance to these corrupt corporations is that it only serves to set the playing field for this debacle to happen again. For heaven's sake, hold someone else accountable besides the taxpayer! Someone else like, oh I don't know, the people that created this mess. Government would have no compunction holding a citizen/taxpayer accountable for devious dealings. These wealth mongering executives are no different. If nothing more, we should make examples of them. Are we out of our collective minds allowing those who wrought this calamity to engineer solutions to escape from it? Their solutions would only benefit the 4% elite. These executives are criminals and should be prosecuted, not rewarded with bonuses, retreats, tax shelters and bail-outs. Or are those same rewards a bit too close to home for you to do anything? Are you going to ignore the rampant disregard for the well being of the people for profit's sake? Sure you are! A fact that has become too apparent when $100 billion dollars worth of "Bacon" was added to the bail-out package, despite the enormous public outcry against it. Now, laden with special interests, senate and congressional majority voted YES. No doubt a slap in the face of the constituents. Were the senate and congress waiting for it to become so confusing that no one would understand it? Is that why they voted yes, because they didn't understand? Mr. President couldn't wait to use his pen, and did everything he could to rush this awkward package through. Now that it's been passed, he calls for "us" to "wait" patiently. Aren't those priorities a bit backwards? If we were in fact to go ahead with the bail-out, shouldn't we have taken the time to perfect this thing before hand?

[edit on 11-10-2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This entire ordeal is only postponing the inevitable. The inexorable fact that our system is not working.
Here we are, on the precipice. Once again, the taxpayer having no option but to accept what corrupt government and corporations ram down our windpipe.
We as ordinary people, watch our future tumble into the void as the economy fails. We watch executive spend bail-out money on retreats, a justifiable expense to them. We worry about losing our homes. We are expected to make sacrifices and cut expenses. Shouldn't they do the same? I will not stand idly by as we face destruction. The public is quickly learning just how corrupt this system is as we watch it crumble right before our very eyes! How much do you expect us to take? How much is enough?
I urge you to listen to The Congressman From Texas, and what he's been saying for some years now. Among other things, "We need drastic overhauls of Government spending and foreign policy."
When congress passed $650 billion for defense purposes, no one even questioned it. Nearly all of that money was sent overseas, “to fund the war”. Where the heck are our loyalties? They're certainly not with the citizens. Why are American forces acting as border guards on some other continent? What about here/home?
The USA should not be telling ANY country what to do if we can’t get our own affairs in order. What other countries do is none of our business, unless it poses a DIRECT AND PROVABLE threat to the safety of the USA.
The people in the Middle Eastern countries have been fighting since the very dawn of time! What makes us think that we are going to change any of that? They have shown such tremendous resolve to continue their conflict, the likes of which the world has rarely seen. This kind of dedication would be admirable, if it wasn't for all the death and destruction. It would literally take an act of divine intervention to get the them to stop killing one another. Imagine if that resolve were directed towards a positive goal! Do we really want Zealots aiming their collective intentions on us? Maybe it's too late to stop that now. Where does the actual fortification and support for our own country and it's borders come into play or is that merely another problem waiting to justify itself at taxpayer expense?
Wake up! The war is just as much here as anywhere. We have all been victims of financial terrorism! It should be clear after how our faltering has affected the world. Financial systems are failing everywhere and "the people", as usual, are going to be left holding the tab.

[addendum]
(THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA) should be a beacon of freedom, liberty, and peace in the world. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among all, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
All endeavors set into motion by (THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA) should be for the common goal of maintaining liberty, peace and stability. Never should freedom be compromised by tyranny and greed. Never should the people be forced into servitude, to further the ends of the those who believe they are the elite.
Never shall those who believe they are elite, control the government of the people, by the people, and for the people.
We are not to be exploited by corporations, executives, or government to further their own agenda.

[cont]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Is total economic destruction the ultimate goal here?
If so, then PLEASE save us all the heartache and push the button already!
If not, then change!

Sincerely,
US CITIZEN/TAXPAYER

PS. Thanks for nothing on passing (the Global Poverty act), (the Kyoto Resolution) , and ( the Millennium Declaration),Google it, Which commit an additional $850 billion to the world at large without the consent of the taxpayer.
[END]

join