It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Come We Is Stoopid An Disfunkshunal?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Do you think that the dumbing down of the population is intentional? And if so what do you think the main culprits are?

I think by now it is obvious and goes without saying that, many people are falling off the IQ radar, or perhaps so damaged in terms of either thier nervous system or ability to handle dopamine properly that mood disorders are rampant.

I'm not going to initially go into my experiences this past year, but, I will say this much, the majority of the people I meet seem to suffer from Lethargy, Stupidity, Nervous system issues or are otherwise chemically imbalanced in one way or another.

It has reached a point where, I take concious effort to avoid contact with people or dealings with people I notice the signs in.

I have also written a thread on Overall Toxicity which I think is a very relevant factor

But here I would like to address this froma conspiracy standpoint... work together to try and track down the root causes of what is afflicting people.

Because honestly and truely, the term stupid American has taken on real meaning and I have news for those of you over seas... it might not be as bad where ever you are yet, but it seems to be worsening everywhere.

I have to wonder that it is either a causation of various factors we can identify and work to eliminate if not an Intentional set of circumstances...

I would like to discuss... (feel free to add to the list) the following factors and expand as we go along

1: Chemtrails Aluminium detections within them and the effect of Aluminium on the human mind and nervous system

2: The educational system, particularly the horrific effects on those of above average Intelligence and systems such as "no child left behind" which cater to the lowest common denominator while forgeting about gifted children entirely

3: The effects of divorce and other lifestyle factors, propoganda, lifestyle education being pushed on children and the medias influence on the young

4: Diet, particulary 40 years of transfat, which if it can affect the arteries in our hearts...what effect has this been having on our brains?

5: Dopamine stimulation and mood disorders, dopamine stimulation can be induced by, games, televison, sex, the internet...along with drugs... Overall I'd like to discuss the effects of overstimulation on mood and thought process

6: The narrowing down of WHO would most benefit from dumbing down the people and from what sources any processes we identify stem from and who owns the companies and the political powers involved

7: Prion disease and it's relation to alzhiemers and how wide spread it might actually be in our societies

8: Long term effects of drug use, both street and perscription

9: Ways in which we can Reverse the process and fight back

please again feel free to add... I think this is very important, people seem to be breaking down... I would like to develop a long term campaign of the cooperative to really work on this topic.

People often talk about fighting back and revolution, the first thing we have to give people back is control of thier heads... with Intelligence in numbers rational solutions to the rest of the problems can come... but it's hopless with IQ's diminishing and personalities in a state of self destruction.

Please contribute your ideas and opinions on what we can do to stop the decline and increase intelligence... first step being... Identification of the Causes

[edit on 11-10-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Best thread title ever.

I heard about a movie made by Mike Judge. (I think it was his, I'm not 100% on that.) Anyway, I read that the movie is about how nowadays the dumber families seem to be producing more than the smarter families. Anybody know what movie I'm talking about?
There's also the whole TV and video game factors which have increased over the past few decades.

edit - I see you already mentioned the media and entertainment. I must be getting tired(or stupid
), although I'll leave that in there to point out how there is a lot more of it than there used to be.

[edit on 10/11/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
As a first offering... I'll go with something I find very interesting

Apparently until age 4... Most children are what we would call geniuses in multiple areas of thinking and that declines over the years until by age 20, only 10% of us are.

Something fascinating about this, why do some of us hold onto our genius and most don't, Use it or loose it?

genius dip

and on the negative side...

short term stress

apparently short term stress, affects Intelligence in a fairly dramatic way

I chpose these first two, to compliment each other

If we are essentially all or almost all born geniuses, and short term stress is a contributor in terms of cognative decay...

The envoronment plays a major role...

the first thing that comes to my mind here is... the effect of constant war and talk of war on the global populations children and developing brains, second, economics... as we eneter a depression, what is most needed is intelligent thought to find our way past this...

yet it would seem a constant bombardment of "bad news" leading to short terms stress can only cause the issue to become worse...

thios would also tie into divorce, split families, poverty... a myriad causes of "short term stress"

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

That movie would be Idiocracy (I pulled the Why Come? part of the title from a line of one of the characters in the movie)

and it's interesting that you would mention that because... I am digging and reading as I posted this and... the first volley of what I am coming across seems to indicate to me that genetics has less to do with this than upbringing and that we are all born rather Intelligent and decline from various causes

But the movie is a must see though

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I think anyone viewing this thread needs to watch the movie "Idiocracy".

Decent screenplay, Hilarious story.

*edit*

Damnit, someone beat me to it.

*second edit*

Don't forget, plants need electrolytes to.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by AlienGhandi]

[edit on 11-10-2008 by AlienGhandi]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
There are may articles on Proper Diet and Intelligence, Omega 3's in particular...

But here is a big connector... I have always had my own theory that Transfat was ahorror on Brain Circulation and Fast food was a big culprit in the decline of the Avergae Americans IQ

But this study seems to indicate that...somehow being fat period can cause a loss of brain function... (makes sense in terms of circulation and blood flow I suppose)

But obesity seems to be a factor and we all know Americans have been getting dumber about as fast as we have been getting fatter

no offense anyone... but i'm looking for connections

chubby and the brain

Very interesting stuff

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienGhandi

LOL, so long as we don't get lost on a serious topic... I figured the Idiocracy reference would draw people in to the thread,

But, honestly, this is a far more complex subject, Idiocracy is a funny movie but given recessive genes, wouldn't actually make sense, stupid couples would produce intelligent children at least 1 in 4

What is happening is alot deeper than dumb people having babies...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Though I agree that there could be many chemical reasons for the dumbing down of our population, I think the real root is where people get their information. I think I read once that only 2% of Americans read books on a regular basis and something like 10% read the newspaper. Before television almost every literate person read books daily. Also, most of them read the newspaper on a weekly basis. These were forms of entertainment that worked to keep the population informed, educated, basically, smart. Today people choose to get their information from TV, the "boob tube." I am pretty sure that term came from the fact that those who watched it a lot became boobs (ignorant or foolish people). Now, don't get me wrong I watch my fair share of TV as well, however, I don't think I watch it as much as most and I typically find myself watching the Discovery, Science, and History channels and of course CNBC, MSNBC, and CNN. Again, I too watch mind numbing things like movies, SNL, Mad Men, various HBO series, and Survivor, but I also read, and read a lot. I read books, newspapers, magazines, just about anything I can get my hands on. So, in summation, I think Americans are becoming more and more ignorant by the day because they completely rely on the boob tube for their news, entertainment, and their perspective on reality. Aren't our political officials lucky.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I'm lucky then, because I have an IQ of 130 and I eat fast food, 3-6 times a week.

Luckily I'm also far from obese, 6'0" at 150 pounds. Skinny if anything.

I'm fourtanate I was able to learn to do basic programming and h4ck1ng at 13 thanks to cygwin securiteam.com and a few friends.

I'm going to attend college, get the F out of working at Dennys at be a network analyst. I'm also Cisco Certified.

CCNA baby.

But on the part of being dumb.......
Look at our entire civilization of 6 billion humans. I mean, people don't even have clothes and some countries are bombarded with wealth but yet no one can share because of their selfish egos.

Haha.

Funny.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

GOOD man GOOD man.

I love watching discovery, history channel, national geographic, science channel (if you have sattelite/digital cable).

I swear I've learned more from those choice three channels than I have from K12.

Hah.

I've learned more from MYSELF *YEARNING* to learn things that interest me more than ANYTHING else.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Don't forget the fluoride conspiracy

Yeah I find it sad too that it is hard to have a "real "conversation" nowadays with a lot of people.

All they do is talk talk talk but they haven't got anything to say.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
yet it would seem a constant bombardment of "bad news" leading to short terms stress can only cause the issue to become worse...

Huh, maybe this is why every time you turn on the news it seems to have more bad news than good.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Took a fast look on the net in regards to reading an IQ

First interesting thing I found was that... communications indeed does lower IQ. constant interuptions, e-mails, phone and text messages lowered IQ more than regular Pot smoking did

e-mail lowers iq more than weed

and (as I think would be a certainty without me checking) Reading itself does improve IQ... particularly if you vary what you read

reading1

Readin to your child apparently works as well ( a statement again on the effects in America of non traditional parenting?)

read to baby

and emotional intelligence

emotional intelligence

It's a non ending list of Positive studies on the effects of reading...

Give the man a cupie doll

Ways to fight back...

#1 Books over Just I net and Tv... a No Brainer pardon the pun, but a first line of defense...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

That's interesting... because I was just reading that, Thinking burns alot of calories...

If your doing brain work all day, I think it would have a strong effect on preventing damage from fast food and a sedintary lifestyle...

I agree... I work via computer and... can seriously pig out with little wieght gain

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Damn, how did I forget about the National Geographic Channel.

I probably watch it, and read the periodical, more than just about any other. You brought up a good point about having yearning to learn. When I was in school, I always considered myself in the minority in that I enjoyed learning. After entering the workforce I have been constantly disappointed at the fact that, aside from your initial job training, you really don't learn that much, you just produce. I am pretty sure it is for this reason that I recently decided I am going to apply to get my MBA. Also, I came to the conclusion that if I am going to invest another two years I might as well make it three and be Dr. the rest of my life
. But to address the issue, if you don't enjoy learning, if the act of it is not inherently "fun" to you, I am sure you look forward to no longer having to do it. And when you stop learning, I am sure that you mind is bound to lose its strength. Kind of like when you stop working out or exercising, you get weaker.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Flouride... agreed can not be forgotten...

I live in Phx wher both flouride and chlorine and...g-d knows what else (the water is reconditioned) is rampant...

I use my brain alot, but.. i'll feel it neuro muscularly, cramps and swelling around old injuries if I drink alot of it without purging...

and pain, is stress and stress, changes personality and lowers IQ

So even when you brain power over the effects of flouride, I think it still can take it's toll

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I loved the email compared to smoking weed comment. I could believe it. When you think about it, answering emails, phone calls, etc really does not require much brain power. However, have you ever tried to score a bag when things are dry.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Who is behind the dumbing down of America? A good question,OP here's my take on the situation:The power elite of the world do not want an aware intelligent popluation that wolud not serve their needs and interests if half the people of the world were awake you wolud see a massive world wide revolution,they have found the best way to keep the mases docile is to distract them,keep them drugged or keep the few people alienated from the rest of the herd.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Yeah my yearn to learn has steadily decreased over the past 5 years of my life as being only 19 now. A whole life ahead of me...

My yearn to learn unfourtanetly and or possibly just maybe fourtanetly transfered to more....... irrational subjects such as the ATS board. eheheh.

I guess what made that happen was I myself saw a ufo 8 years ago with my Mother, Grandfather and his wife. I can never forget it. I suppose it was government, but still, stopping 90 degree turns dissappearing reappearing tracers yeah I suppose we get the point....

But now I'm here on my spare time. Mostly because friends of my brought to my attention that there is more than what meets the eye, it started with UFOs, then to the illuminati, and all that great crap.

End and all, I suppose all we can do is try and achieve a big salary, so we can raise a happy family, and do what we are designed to do, support the war machines.[

That's all we do, by working, moving, living, hell, even homeless people have to spend tax dollars. You're not free unless you live off the earth.

End of that rant.

Peace!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Come on buddy! you made me fall off my chair and laugh. I drink, smoke on occasion, but, all those two items do is lead you to idioacracy. YIPPEEE

Dir de dirrrr.

I catch the drift though, good point. =P

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join