It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth behind the founder of Catholicism... it's not St. Peter!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
isn't the Eastern, Orthodox part of the (universal) Catholic church
on an equal footing of being the 'true' church as much as
the Western, Apostolic part of the (universal) Catholic church ?

we know well that the holy-spirit must have long since departed the Rome based Apostolic Catholic church with all the decades long child abuse covered up by the different Diocese (and the Bishops or Monsignors' in charge, all across the USA.

Rome or old Constanipole...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I don't view the catholic church as an Apostolic church but an apostasy church. The fact is, the apostles did not create the catholic church. There is no biblical proof of it and it does not conform to the early church teachings.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff. I have often wondered why Peter would do such things as form that kind of a church. As when I read that part of the bible I know that is not the kind of church Jesus was talking about.

However. I am a bit surprised and didn't agree with the part about Paul being against him etc. Rather, I would have to say Paul was one of them. Afterall, it is Paul who appeals to the Romans and that authority as well. And it is Paul they readily accept when deciding on texts for the bible.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It is interesting stuff. The New Testament Church is nothing like the Catholic Church.

The Apostles were given certain powers and abilities directly through Jesus, and then it is shown that those few select who the Apostles in turn laid hands on could likewise perform certain miraculous functions.

But when the last Apostle died, and the last person died that they directly laid their hands on died, that was the last of the abilities to heal, speak in tongues (multiple languages) and only Jesus could forgive sins.

The Christians were the priesthood. There were very specific criteria for the Bishops (congregation elders) and deacons to be selected, and they were only to see to the feeding of the flock and it's welfare.

No congregation was beholding to any other. Each was independent, each was the highest level of organization.

Then, there was that beast. He was killed, and then he rose again. Pagan Rome was destroyed, and then Papal Rome rose in its place.

All interesting stuff.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Interesting concept. Luckily for us, the Holy Spirit is readily available for those who seek it.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

The founder of catholicism is Jesus Christ. He chose apostles for the foundation of His Church. The Church will always be there until the end of the world. It's impossible to destroy the Catholic Church because it is God's work, there will be always catholics in the world. It is Christ who builds His Church.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank1985

Proof of your catholic philosophy? All I see from the RCC is contradiction after contradiction from what the bible says. God's true Church is called the "Church of God" and is mentioned as a "small flock" in Luke 12:32. The catholic church is otherwise known as the "universal church" which sounds eerily similar to the false religious system that will be in place and force its ways on the masses in the end times. 1.13 billion catholics doesn't seem like a "small flock" to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join