It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska panel finds Palin abused power in firing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Sarah Palin unlawfully abused her power as governor by trying to have her former brother-in-law fired as a state trooper, the chief investigator of an Alaska legislative panel concluded Friday. The politically charged inquiry imperiled her reputation as a reformer on John McCain's Republican ticket.

news.yahoo.com...

And so there it is. Palin's own investigation with her being judge and jury found her innocent. An actual board of 10 REPUBLICANS and 4 Democrats found her guilty as sin.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

NO NO the ALASKA CONSTITUTION states that if you kill and skin 15 moose in the period of two weeks you are entitled to full OFFICIAL clemency.

PLUS this is a witch hunt! NWO brainwashed, kidnapped and replaced the GOP
officials with OBAMA operatives!

NO CRIME NO FOUL!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I doubt that the findings will diminish any of the affection her supporters have for her. If you believe so fully in someone, it takes only a minimal effort to invalidate any criticism directed toward them. Any argument of the validity of the criticism can and will be defeated within the mind of a supporter, as is so clearly displayed today by Palin supporters on ATS. I don't think that this report will matter one bit. For Palin's opponents, this is only a reinforcement of their suspicions, and for her supporters, it means precious little. I do not expect this to sway anyone's vote.

[edit on 10/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Lol. I wouldn't doubt if Fox News played that. Or found some weird loophole that says politicians named Sarah can do anything they want. Although the 14 people agreed the procedure she used was correct but everything else was wrong. Like say, the procedure Serial Killer used to shoot someone was correct, but they were still killing someone.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

You are right. They are finding her guilty. There is no disputing that. I believe that the police officer that tasered her son and drank on duty should have been fired...which was wrong. But this was the wrong way of going about it and I certainly won't defend it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The guy deserved to be fired, I know that. But he wasn't fired until after the divorce and bitter custody battle. Before he could run over schoolkids with his state trooper car while drunk and high and no problem. But the second the divorce happens is when Palin decided he needed to be fired. So first she abused her powers to keep him in his job then abused her power to get rid of him. Nice to see that we can agree on something. And I like most that the majority of the panel is republicans, outnumbering the democrats by more then 2to1 ratio.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Palin had the right to fire anyone in her administration just like Bush had the right to fire the US Attorneys. In both instances the people fired served at their discretion.

I think there is a little confusion, Palin did not fire a State Trooper, she fired someone who refused to fire the trooper. She had every right to do it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

SHe fired him because he wouldn't fire her sisters ex husband. That is a violation of her position, as the board of 10 Republicans and 4 democrats said. She is guilty of corruption and could become the first VP to start office sitting in a jail cell if they went all out. Also if she started out saying she wanted him fired because of personal reasons there wouldn't be as much hoopla over this. But ask Nixon, another republican, about what is worse. The crime or the cover up.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Palin had the right to fire anyone in her administration just like Bush had the right to fire the US Attorneys. In both instances the people fired served at their discretion.

I think there is a little confusion, Palin did not fire a State Trooper, she fired someone who refused to fire the trooper. She had every right to do it.

What?

Could you clarify this please? She had every right to "abuse her power"?

So on those lines I could say, kick someone in the balls whom I disagree with? Because it is my right to do so? Or what?

Palin's ship has long since sailed but this is beautifully timed and oh so appropriate to the issues at hand. Just like the Bush Crime Family, Palin is ready to go the extra mile to do what ever it takes to have democracy HER WAY!

This will undoubtedly not sway those entranced by her folksy ways, her shrill voice, and tight vice presidential booty but it WILL sway those on the fence.

Say it ain't so Sara!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
And how will this affect her? Or the election?
Report stings Palin over Troopergate flap

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The politically charged investigation into Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is over, and its conclusions are stinging. But the fallout, if any, might not come until Election Day.
news.yahoo.com...

join