It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your experience with an apparition or ghost sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Some people are born with the gift to see ghosts and spirits (6th Sense, 3rd Eye) some believe they can train themselves to see them. I've personally have had my own personal encounters, hearing strange voices, feelings of being watched when alone, cold chills in the middle of summer. That's the most that my senses can pick up or see. Post your stories and experiences, let the ATS readers get a look at what some people see and have to live with everyday of their lives. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I've always been sensitive to paranormal events, although much of it I seemed to block after childhood. This first part is a story that I'm too young to remember so I asked my mother to relay it to me, here is her email:

You were always jabbering away and laughing when alone in your room. I'd often felt there were spirits there with you, because I could tell from your baby-talk jabbering that you were having very real conversations with someone. And your laughs! They were typical baby giggles mixed with really good belly laughs, as if you'd heard a good joke.
There was one time though that I heard you talking away when you were
supposed to be napping, and I crept up the stairs to peek in your room. You
didn't hear me so I was able to get up close and see you lying in front of
your closet, looking into it, talking away. I don't remember the
conversation, but I do remember asking you later that day who you were
talking with. You told me it was your brother Stephen. This was about 8
months or so after he died. Considering you were only a year and half old
when he was born and died, and had only seen him alive once in the hospital,
and then again the day he died to say goodbye, I was actually pleased to
know he was around you.

I remember being 3 or 4 and having a dream. I was in a room that was constantly changing colors, and there was this voice, a womans voice asking me "why are you so afraid of me?". I'll never forget it, her voice was a mixture of sadness and desperation. Obviously something happened around then enough to spook me so much that I've been blocking my abilities since then.

Nowadays I can sense a presence, get a general feeling of if it's a friendly presence or not, and tell you where in the room it is, but not much else.

I have more stories I'll share if anyone is interested.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I was way more in tune when I was a kid. I saw some things and they scared the bejeezus out of me, which led to me eventually almost blocking it out completely. When I was a kid, maybe 12 or so, I would have dreams about what everyone in my class would be wearing the next day. That does not happen anymore! I have a strange gift for knowing when something is going to spill right before it happens, which is totally random, if you ask me! Lately, I have heard things, seen things out of the corner of my eye....Nothing crazy. I will get "feelings" a lot, however. I know that there is something going on in my home...We moved in, and I would hear a man cough, then things would come up missing. The freakiest thing was when I was emailing a friend to describe what was going on. I told her (well, I was typing, but you get the picture!) that my radio/tv would turn off/on by themselves...Right as I was typing that, my radio upstairs turned itself off. That was just so not cool! LOL! I do love anything paranormal and an actually going to tag along on a ghost hunt in my area one of these days.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That's pretty creepy dude. Yea, I have been told that young children are more receptive to spirits and ghosts. It was probably your older brother playing with you since he didn't get a chance too when he was alive. A school mate of mine relayed to me a very similar story. When he was about 3-4, he awoke to one night to find his grandfather in his bed room, his grandfather told him to be good and that he loves him, and that he be going away for awhile. The next morning, his mom got the news that his grandfather had passed away last night. Knowing that his grandfather came to him to say good bye before he went away. I believe that ghosts are earthbound here, but spirits can come and go as they please to visit us, usually when we are least aware of it.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
i have witnessed things on one wall flying quickly across the room as though being thrown and hitting the wall across from it.
I have seen a ghost from the waste down.. could have just been tired tho as this is something i woke up to.

seen somethng standing on the top of my stairs that did not look human at all. feeling something sit on the bed (waterbed)

i lived in a haunted house for 12 years.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lushyslushy
i have witnessed things on one wall flying quickly across the room as though being thrown and hitting the wall across from it.
I have seen a ghost from the waste down.. could have just been tired tho as this is something i woke up to.

seen somethng standing on the top of my stairs that did not look human at all. feeling something sit on the bed (waterbed)

i lived in a haunted house for 12 years.

My ex-stepmother had a similar experience with a not so nice presence sitting on her bed. I lived in that house too and knew it was there, but for some reason it never gave me any trouble.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Not to scare you a bit, but that ghostly apparition from the waste down isn't very uncommon, actually, many many ghost sightings around the world have been known to have apparitions that seem to only materialize from the waist, knees, or even ankle down. This is a phenomenon that I been researching about before, frankly, there are a lots of guesses why ghosts and spirits appear that way, with missing legs or feet. Some people believe it takes a lot of energy for a spirit to materialize in the first place, others believe your seeing how they were before a road or house was built level high. I personally have verified stories with people I know and others stories over the internet.

Here is a link to my previous forum about the subject, its actually a very interesting connection.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Nemox42]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yeah in my house i lived in during highschool. House we build way out in the country. I had has all sorts of very odd experiences there. Seen things move and been harrased to a certain extent but there was just one time we ever actually saw an apparition.

My House burned down My Jr year of high school and for some reason after that nothing ever happened as far as ghosts except this one incident.

It is now a bed and breakfast, we had some guests swimming in the pool, and they were looking up at the house and there was a young girl in the living room banging on the glass at them. They thought it was a girl who worked for us, one of the highschool girls who was helping serve dinner the night before. So After this girl keeps looking at them and banging at them they got out and went to the house in the kitchen and asked my Mother who was the only person there at the time what she wanted! My mom told them she didn't know what they were talking about and they said, that girl was knocking we thought maybe you needed us to come up. My mom told them there were n girls there at the time.

So they saw about a 13 year old girl in a white dress. I think the weirdest thing that had happened to me there was when i was staying there by myself for a week. I woke up one mornign and every alarm clock and alarm was going off in the house. at the exact same time at 6:30am. Even in rooms that were locked. I was the only one who had been there for days.

Also the night before the fire, candles were being thrown all around the house. We would put the candles back on the candlestick walk to the other side of the house and they would all be on the ground again.

Also i once chased a ghost out of my room. I was in my bathroom, i saw my door open. i looked then for some reason charged at the door. It knocked a book off my desk and slammed my door as i got close to the door.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by ghostlandseller]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nemox42

me 2 if im alone or not i feel like someone is watchin me but no one is there and it creeps me out, i know i had a lot of panormal sightings and occurances wen i was little but wenever i try to remember them it get fuzzy but if i think about something else th@t happend th@t same day its perfectly vivid to me

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
my ex-girlfriend shook me several times saying what is that, what is that? she woke me until i woke and she pointed at it. it was a ball of light the size of a golf ball. when you looked at it closely it had many tenticle like arms moving. it was very bright and we watched it for about 5 min till i said im going to touch it. just as i was getting out of bed it faded thru the wall and when it did i could see the outside. when it was going thru the wall the ball got dimmer and dimmer till it was out and gone. really crazy. my girlfriend said it was the spirit of lowel our next door neighbor who died. i have stated this before on this site before.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I have had many ghost encounters but that one that startled me the most had to be when I was around 14. I was jogging trails that went around my neighborhood and through some patches of wood. Later I would figure out that this was an extremely old neighborhood and had burial grounds in the woods. When I ran through a patch of woods I suddenly became very cold (it was a hot summer day) and I heard a cute little laugh. I immediately sprang to my side to look at what just laughed next to me. For a brief moment I was staring into the eyes of a bright white, glowing little girl. She was in a dress that looked as if from the 19th century and wasn't translucent at all. It was as if she was made of white powder. After the initial shock wore off, I bolted away faster than I've ever ran before. Once I got to the road I looked back and there was nothing but when I turned around to face a field of horses I saw the little girl touching a horse's snout. The horse seemed to be completely aware of the girl but it was impossible for her to get there that fast. To this day I believe I saw a ghost and I'll never go in that patch of woods again.

In that same neighborhood and house, there were many odd occurrences that only my dad and I experienced. Besides the doorhandles turning and the footsteps walking past us I have to say the most unexplainable event had to be when I was home alone in my basement. I was running on the treadmill (I'm a college athlete if you picked up on the exercising thing) and I usually watch tv while running. This day was right after an electric storm so the tv was unplugged and the cord was very visible from where I was. About midway through my run the tv just turns itself on and I almost fell of the machine. I glance at the unplugged cord to make sure I know I'm not crazy and then I turn the tv off with the power button. I start to walk away because no way I'm staying in an unfinished basement by myself with possessed electronics. As I'm walking away it turns itself on again and I bolt out of my house no-less. I wait for my dad to get home and we go downstairs together and the tv is off. Needless to say, I have never gone back down there alone.

If anybody has anything similar feel free to talk to me about it.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DemosthenesEpisteme

wow, that's an amazing story. My question would be, was it a full body apparition (did it materalize all the way) and was it aware that you were watching her. Could it be you were watching a residual haunting or a intelligent one. meaning, was the ghost aware of you or its surroundings or was it just being played back in a loop.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bellla198

That might just be your mind playing tricks on you. but i totally know what you mean. But i must say there is a difference in feeling when i've had my expereince compare to just regular paranoia. With paranoia its easy to find ways to control your fears, but with my experiences, the feeling of dread actually emits from physical spot. I actually came across a post awhile back about, this person who keeps having the feeling they are being constantly watched when at home. And it only happens in a particalar room in the house.

new topics

top topics

join