It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help Convincing My Dad of What Is To Come

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I am starting to make preparations for what is to come and I am having a little trouble convincing my Dad about all the events that have been talked about happening within the last month. I'm talking specifically about the economic collapse/martial law/NWO takeover. If you could please direct to me some videos and internet sites that makes this scenario believable for a 50 yr old man it would be most appreciated.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, to be honest, I think I'm with Dad.
You'd have to convince me the world is, indeed, about to be over for me to help you convince him.
I think it's a rocky road, but, passable.

How about some optimism.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

Obviously, The Zeitgeist

To further explain the monetary system we have the Money is Debt video.

These are the only ones related to money that I know.

Or maybe that does not answer your question quite too well. Usually if I try to convince my Dad of something, I have to make apparent some inherent contradictions in his logic/argument.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I was thinking the same thing, just because this is a conspiracy site, it doesnt make everything talked about true or is going to be true

paranoia breeds paranoia

we all die in the end anyway huh

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't mention martial law or the NWO. The economic collapse is what you should focus on. Tell your dad that it probably wouldn't hurt to stock up on food and water just in case we face a worst case scenario. Guns and ammo may be helpful, but if everything turns out to be ok, those could get expensive.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It's really going to be hard to swallow for anybody of his age. There's no real solid proof that anything is going to happen, just theories based on what has already happened. While I read on this stuff every day, I'm still uncertain that there could be a WWIII in the near future, or that Martial Law will go into effect. For every reason for, there is a reason against. Your best bet, is if you are preparing for the worst, and he asks why, just tell him that you never know when you may need the supplies. If he accepts that without a "you're nuts" look, then maybe it's time to let him hear some of what you have read.

Just remember, while he needs to have an open mind to hear it, you need to have an open mind to tell it. You can't go at him with "OMG!!! The world is going to end!!!" It has to be "This could happen" or "This is a possibility." Believe me, I talk to my wife about this stuff from time to time, and she's starting to open up to the idea that we may be entering a whole new world, different from what we as Americans have grown used to.

For that matter, I still have a hard time believing alot of what I read and hear.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Im sure he is aware of the crises, and if you are truly concerned for his wellbeing and you feel that the nwo and martial thing will actually happen(and I highly doubt it will beyond crowd/riot control small sporatically occuring areas hit worse) just be twice as prepared and when the bombs start to drop why not share your bunker with your old man? Should be quality time since if it really happens you may be there a while.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
My honest opinion here is wait it out first...if you work, get yourself some MRE's lots of spare batteries, a radio that can at least HEAR shortwave, not necessarily have to be able to communicate, bottled water, and simply wait it out.

If you're not in a high profile state (ie., NY, DC, CA, IL) then you at least have the ability to know something's coming with some advance notice more than people in those states would.

NWO, Martial law, what have you could NEVER implement a solution nationwide with such expedience that a lot of the core populace would have no advance warning and be able to remediate their positions.

Take a deep breath, exhale, and now just wait it out...it'll be ok, I promise

AB1

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Introduce him to Larry P. McDonald and the HCG tetanus vaccine. Then the FEMA coffins. Get him to watch Ring of Power.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
has anyone considered that the "fema coffins" might just be for a worst case environmental disaster scenario? What if another Katrina situation happened and they had to contain 1000 bodies over night, and bury them within the week. you would have a hard time finding that many lush mahogony coffins, or would pay through the nose because of the spike in demand. You think a lot of people dont have health insurance, how many have death insurance. And of those without death insurance, how many are sitting on 2,000 plus (at current prices) to buy a coffin out of pocket when they need one for a family member. What if there whole family (immediate) died in the same catastrophy that could be about 3 or more you need at once, and it this current state where are you going to get the loan for all of these funeral and burial expenses?Government issued coffins for those who qualify, issued or extremely reduced cost. Am I crazy to assume that this may be a plausable use for these? and why would a country killing its citizens bother to bury them in a nice box? why not burn the bodies, or use a mass graves like everyone else to ever in the history of the planet commite such an attrocity has done. THERE SEEMS TO BE LITTLE LOGIC BEHIND THAT THEORY-CORRUPT GOVERNMENTS DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THE DEAD.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
oh and by the way those cheap partical board coffins they put bodies in before cremation would not stack (with bodies in them) and would take more time and resources to create than stamping out plastic coffins. Plus, a plastic coffin can be made air tight in seconds with a torch in the event of biological warfare that can spread through contact with the infected disceased, anyone remember learning about the plague? Look at all the damage from leaving rotting bodies around. There could even be a biological entity that would re release upon the burning of the body and be airborn.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
It's really going to be hard to swallow for anybody of his age. There's no real solid proof that anything is going to happen, just theories based on what has already happened. While I read on this stuff every day, I'm still uncertain that there could be a WWIII in the near future, or that Martial Law will go into effect. For every reason for, there is a reason against. Your best bet, is if you are preparing for the worst, and he asks why, just tell him that you never know when you may need the supplies. If he accepts that without a "you're nuts" look, then maybe it's time to let him hear some of what you have read.

Just remember, while he needs to have an open mind to hear it, you need to have an open mind to tell it. You can't go at him with "OMG!!! The world is going to end!!!" It has to be "This could happen" or "This is a possibility." Believe me, I talk to my wife about this stuff from time to time, and she's starting to open up to the idea that we may be entering a whole new world, different from what we as Americans have grown used to.

For that matter, I still have a hard time believing alot of what I read and hear.

Of his age? Why would people of his age have a hard time believing in these predictions of gloom and doom?

You are probably correct in the approach factor. Im from the 60's era and the only thing I have a hard time with all this gloom and doom stuff is how people are reacting to the "possibility" of a collapse. If people are reacting this way to a possibility, what the heck are they going to behave like when and if things do collapse completely? Cause chaos and distruction and violence so that big brother will ineed have a reason to enact martial law?

Perhaps the OP should ask his father "what would you do if something like this were to happen?"...instead of "look dad, this is what is going to happen because I read it on the internet and in a forum". Naturally his father is going to be closed minded to that approach.

And his father is probably thinking about it anyway, and what he will do to get through it. I bet that the OP's father is not thinking about taking to the streets and going crazy so that authority will have a reason to enact a martial law.

There is another thread in here at ATS that says if your over 18 go buy a gun. That thread should have a title that says "if you want to get through a collapse, go buy supplies and learn to survive.

The mentality of most in here gong on and on about all this world is gonna end on Oct this and that, are already showing the signs of being those that will cause the social collapse and give reason to government to enact martial law just to bring under control the "unruly individuals".

People, those that are planning to go out and stirr up trouble, had better back up and re-think their plan and like real quick. Because if worse came to worse and there was reason to enact martial law and troops walk the streets, you can be assured that those troops will not be walking up and down the streets handing out candy, they will be taking aim and setting things back to normalcy in any way they see fit.

So are people gonna be stupid and cause the martial law enactment? Or are people going to turn ON their brains and turn OFF the idiot light and do things right?

Its up to each individual to either make things better, or make things worse.

What will you do?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I guess I worded that incorrectly. Both my dad and my grandmother are open to my discussions and theories. They just don't really think that the government is capable of malicious intent to the citizens. I have however, talked to some people, and I guess this would cover all age groups, and they looked at me like I was crazy. And maybe I am, but I have always been one to believe that people are capable of anything, and when power is offered, it can be used the wrong way. For instance, there was no way that "Governor" George Bush could send the Texas National Guard to Iraq to overthrow Saddam, no, he needed to be "President" George Bush to have that power.

Sometimes I thing there should not be a person in office that is just one party, and that the office should be a counsel of say, five members, all sharing different views on how things should work, and being forced into negotiating. Congress doesn't work the way it should. Having majority of congress as democrat or republican does not solve anything. In many cases, it only makes things worse.

We are too willing as a nation to offer power to one person. When that one person has the ability to appoint the members of the presidential cabinet, it leads to too many problems, in my opinion.

Sorry to get off-topic there, just kinda went that way.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Well the world didn't end when wall street crashed in the twenties, so why should it now? The problem here is a simple case of spending to much time on this site. As an earlier poster said; paranoia breeds more paranoia.

It seems like people almost want this to happen, even when there is no proof of it whatsoever.

If the NWO is real, then its the worst organisation in the world, they've supposedly been going for decades but where are they? Still hiding behind the governments? Waiting to pounce? Get on with it then.

Just because this site infers that conspiracies are all around us, it doesn't in reality, make it so.

new topics

top topics

join