It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American way of life is dead…

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by magic mushroom

All Seeing Eye, what a dissapointement, I would have thought with such a name you were here to enlighten us, sadly no, but don't worry there are those with a real grip on reality so you can learn from them. But perhaps you may want to add some constructive words to the thread and to of course your fellow Americans who are in need of help and reasurrance.

And you saw no enlightenment in my comment? Lets all shed a tear for the Federal reserve, and those poor defenseless bankers. Lets all hold hands and prey for the wealthy elite at the top because they lost billions. I bow my head in compassion and sympathy because they can no longer buy the extra Jaguar's and Mazarati's and Porsche's.

magic mushroom, please forgive me for not being more sensitive to this class of citizen, I was preoccupied with the story concerning the Sheriff who refused to evict the lower class citezens from their homes.

As for my ability to reassure my fellow Americans, they will come out of this just fine. If you went into this with nothing, you come out with guess what? What you had, and maybe even a bit of freedom, for some maybe for the first time in their lives.

Enlightenment is reflected in my Avatar, this is true. But sadly, it is not for everyone, only a select few. In this case, only the ones who knew the Federal reserve was bogus from the start. Long live real money, may it come back to America, and once again be blessed by God.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Is this suposed to be a news flash... DUH!!! It died in a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Allseeing, there is nothing wrong with the American people or the country itself only the fact that both have been in dep slumber for some time. No the job at hand is fo the people to get back their country,take hold of the reigns once again, round up all the theieving parasites, relieve them of their ill gotten gains and put them to work on the roads.

America and the people will survive as all countries and peoples do, the main issue is to stop the rot and stop it now. All members of congress and the corporate system should be detained now for crimes gainst the country and the American people, crimes against humanity in illegal wars etc. All the bogus laws and orders should be confined to the trash bin and a massive program of rebuilding the country should begin.

Get the toops home from the ME, shrink the military down to a force that can more than protect the US and use all the money saved for the betterment of the US and its people. It can be done quite easily all it needs is the willpower to do it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
America and the people will survive as all countries and peoples do, the main issue is to stop the rot and stop it now. All members of congress and the corporate system should be detained now for crimes gainst the country and the American people....

Dude, come over here and try to kick out the members of Congress and I'll be there right beside you. As I've said before, the only thing worse than a politician is a child molester.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
No sense in being afraid. The American way of life will just slow down as usual and then pick up again later on. Maybe in a few years all will be back to normal.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I wonder. How long will it be before non-americans to realize: The only way to destroy America and/or its way of life is to destroy yourself first and then it is not guaranteed that America will perish; more likely than not life will go on, without you.

Can't you see this yet. America is not isolated from the rest of the world, we are a part of the whole. No matter how hard you try. If you are still here, then we are still here.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

They haven't figured it out yet. This is a global society now. Doesn't really matter who takes a hit, everyone will be affected in one way or another.

A lot of people are chuckling over this, thinking, "Hey, let's watch America get flushed down the drain! Finally! Things will be perfect!!". Not realizing that if that happens, they'll follow closely behind.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The best we can do now is prepare for self-sufficiency. You can no longer depend on govt to help you out,including protecting you and your property.

Start growing victory gardens or hydroponics. You can grow food in a closet if you have a grow light.

Read Holly Deyo's "Dare To Prepare"- I have read many survivalist books and this covers it all.

Purchase a weopon. It is better to have a gun and not need it than not have one when you really need it. In a dysfunctional society gangs or warlords rule and they are all better organized and armed than we are. Get to know your neighbors and talk about keeping your neighborhood safe. If you don't think it will get to this point look at the history of Germany or Russia in the early 30's.

Many would disagree here but I do not trust any big corporation to control the money I have left. Take out your 401k and convert it to any commodity that suits you. Gold and silver are still at a good price.

Invest in anything that will help you to survive-farmland is cheap and so are chickens if you have room.

Above all refuse the mark that is coming.

John 3:16

[edit on 10-10-2008 by seabisquit]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
When going gets tough, the tough get going.

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

I look forward to the challenges ahead.

All those who think that the U.S. will not get through this, forget about us and go on with your lives. Those who live here in the U.S., you may leave any time you choose.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Lazy? Excuse me, but Americans are among the hardest working of ANY country in the world. Americans take less vacation and time off than workers of most other countries...thats a fact.

Yeah maybe Americans "got use" to cheap gas but calloing them lazy is incorrect.

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Burdman, Propaganda, hardly likely is it or do you believe everything is OK in the US and there is nothing wrong seeing other peoples perspective of what is happening to America. And has the bubble burst or not, the lazy hazy days of slobbing around in those cheap running SUV's are over. Time to wake up and smell the coffee as you Yanks like to say, Its time to join the real World and not some self induced dream like state.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Lazy? Excuse me, but Americans are among the hardest working of ANY country in the world. Americans take less vacation and time off than workers of most other countries...thats a fact..

You are absolutely correct. Americans are hard working; perhaps not by choice. In todays economy, both parents have to work to maintain any kind of lifestyle at all. And even then they may be forced into bankruptcy
or have their house forclosed on because they bit off more debt than they could chew.

And the reason Americans take less vacation time is because of their employers, not because they wouldn't if they could.

Being an employer; I work those peons like slaves.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The only "American" thing dead might be CEOs and Executives getting $500,000 vacations for doing poorly, and the middle and lower class being crunched to oblivion (due to the previous greed).

I hope that way of life has ended, actually.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's a shame this message is coming from a disreputable source like Pravda, cause there's a lot of truth in this article.

I remember people talking about "building equity in a home" by financing it, as though the equity was magic money that was made out of thin air. I remember people claiming that blowing money on SUV's, cheap "consumer goods" and bling that fall apart and depriciate faster than paper toilet seat covers is good for the economy. I hope people have learned their lessons, and that way of life is behind us. Because putting that all behind us will only make America stronger than ever.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Im not sure what country has people who work hard but not by choice? Show me that place and i show you Shangrila. Folks in every country work hard because someone is making them. If you are in a communist country, you work hard for the government.

I'd love to see the countries who have only one person in the household working and what their standard of living is. Im thinking these are mainly countries who's women are treating as second class citizens anyway and if thats the case-then dont worry-i already know what their standard of living is.

Originally posted by whaaa

Lazy? Excuse me, but Americans are among the hardest working of ANY country in the world. Americans take less vacation and time off than workers of most other countries...thats a fact..

You are absolutely correct. Americans are hard working; perhaps not by choice. In todays economy, both parents have to work to maintain any kind of lifestyle at all. And even then they may be forced into bankruptcy
or have their house forclosed on because they bit off more debt than they could chew.

And the reason Americans take less vacations is because of their employers, not because they wouldn't if they could.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Most of the people I know who bought grossly over priced homes that they could not afford are immigrants. Also, it looks like this practice was going on all over the planet. The U.S. isn't the only country in deep doo doo.

Between HI Visas and illegal immigration, my area has been flooded with immigrants, and they buy the biggest vehicles they can afford, along with the homes they can not afford, which is one of the reasons that I am against bailing anyone out. They lowered our wages and drove up prices at the same time, suckered in by the corporate elite, hook, line, and sinker. In additon, quality has declined considerably, and the work places are broken up into ethnic groups fighting for territory. These places also refuse to hire U.S. born and raised people. They will bring in someone completely unqualified to do a job because he is related to someone, or is a friend of someone, and slowly the place grinds to a halt, cause they don't know how to keep things running when the serious problems start to develop. The whole thing is falling apart, and I couldn't be happier. I'm ready.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I'd love to see the countries who have only one person in the household working and what their standard of living is. Im thinking these are mainly countries who's women are treating as second class citizens anyway and if thats the case-then dont worry-i already know what their standard of living is.

Here you go pop, this might suprise you.
skeptically.org...

edit to remove a patronizing pointless remark.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Ive seen that before and no its not surprising at all. Income disparity in the US is huge. There are some VERY wealthy folks and some VERY poor, but there is a HUGE middle class who lives pretty well.

Originally posted by whaaa

Here you go pop, this might suprise you.
skeptically.org...

edit to remove a patronizing pointless remark.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Not the most aesthetically pleasing site, but it brings up great points. Good find.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Ive seen that before and no its not surprising at all. Income disparity in the US is huge. There are some VERY wealthy folks and some VERY poor, but there is a HUGE middle class who lives pretty well.

If you would have read the link I provided; you would have seen that the standard of living is highest in the northern European countries where women can stay home and raise the kids. Not third world countries where women are 2nd class citizens. Actually women in a lot of third world countries are considered "property" not citizens at all.

And in my opinion most people that consider themselves "middle class" are actually lower class but the msm has them fooled, that being able to order pizza and have it delivered is middle class.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Considering the source, Im not surprised that Prvada has returned to its roots; That is shameless propaganda.

Tough times? you bet. Changes needed? You bet?

America down and out? Hardly.

While the current mentality of deficit spending has got to end, its hardly the end of the country, and nor do I expect bread lines and the like anytime soon.

I will make a few predictions.

1) "Another" october suprise is coming.

2) After the US elections Israel deals with Iran.

3) We end up getting dragged into it as Iran lobs their weapons
over Iraq.

4) Pakistan continues to fire on us, and US soldiers die by Pakistani
military weaponry and it escalates.

5) Israel is hit by one or more severe Rad/Chem/Bio attacks
similar to what was planned with the ship the pirates from
somalia captured.

6) A major terror attack on US soil before Inauguration day,
be it real or false flag.

7) "something" happens or almost happens in regards to Obama
that causes massive riots in every major US city.

8) Martial Law comes to US streets, shoot to kill orders given
in regards to anyone brandishing weapons similar to orders
given in regards to recent hurricane looters in New Orleans
in 2008.

9) Another flare up with Russia and a former USSR member,
and more ties to ppl in the US are discovered as it was with
South Ossetia.

10) More billions of dollars of tax payer money used to bail out
more corrupt and decadent empty talking suits that then take
the tax payer money and use it for lavish frivolous extravagence,
ie. AIG's fiasco.

After the majority of these happen you will see consumer
confidence go south so fast ppl will get whiplash from it.

Colbert noted that one stock is managing to rise as others
fall, and that is Campbell's soup, it was not a joke either.

You do the math on that one.

It is pretty hard to deny we are in a recession, a very bad
Recession can become a Depression, so we are heading that way.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join