It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American way of life is dead…

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Sorry, MM, but you have bought into the propaganda version of the U.S.. Yes, we fought a civil war over a hundred years ago, but if you look at all countries, they have all dealt with such division. You are the one who has no idea about the reality of how the U.S. exists.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Poet, denial, denial, denial, Oh dear what is one to do, as the old saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

Propaganda, what propaganda, all the issues I am talking about come from you own Goverment sources and institutions, I suppose they are all wrong and you are right are you.

And what of your fellow Americans saying the same, they are all wrong as well are they. When one continues to deny the mounting evidence one has to question the grasp of an individuals reality.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Wow poet... you are the poster child successful propaganda campaigns everywhere.

The U.S. isn't the best at everything. It isn't perfect.

your comment about democracies and republics not being empires is total bunk... then you dare use Rome and Greece as examples?

the Roman Empire? doesn't ring a bell?

Greece can't even be used, because during the time you are referring to, they weren't a unified state. They were independent city states... and they grappled between each other endlessly for power. (Athens vs. Sparta being the biggie). They became a unified state under Alexander the Great... who was most decidedly not a supporter of democracy

I'm sorry man, but it appears you are the victim of the lifelong propaganda campaign waged against you by TPTB. Remember that effective propaganda techniques leave the target completely oblivious to the fact they have been influenced...

[edit on 16-11-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
MM, WHAT? You don't think the U.S. government puts out propaganda?

Your predictions of doom for the U.S. while the rest of the world moves on beyond the U.S. have already been proven wrong, as the worlds stock markets fell faster than the U.S. stock market. Yet in the face of all the evidence that proves you wrong, you continue to predict the end of the U.S. while claiming the rest of the world will leave us behind.

nj2day, history isn't exactly your subject is it. Rome was a republic for several centuries before it became an Empire. After Rome became an Empire, it still had a senate, but Ceaser, the Emporer, ruled with absolute power, which means that Rome was no longer a Republic.

Athens was the only Greek city state that was a democracy. Alexander's father conquered Athens, and the other Greek city states, and ruled as a typical monarch. Then Athens was no longer a democracy. All states, city states, countries, empires, ect have continuously fought wars throughout history. People always bring up this point about this group of people or that fighting wars, like they are saying something intelligent, when they might as well be saying that they all had noses on their faces.

With representative governments, the people can choose a new leader, to take the country in a new direction, as the U.S. has just done, peacefully. Empires can not do this. Empires usually can only change leadership through a bloody revolt as the Roman Empire did several times after becoming an empire.

I have never claimed that the U.S. is the best at everything, I'm just having a good time proving how stupid the anti-U.S. rhetoric is.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Poet, once again you are proving nothing and the topic of the thread is how American life is changing, not how great it is what it has done or anything else. And if thats the best you can come up with the old Anti American crap it justs shows how insecure you really are. I have not once said things are not changing around the world, the topic in question is America not anywhere else.

Your responses are so typical and predictable for some one that is so brainwashed that they are not even aware of it. Despite what I and others have posted and despite real facts and truths you blindly hold onto an idea that does not exist but only in your mind. You have been given the oppertunity to look at the issues raised but for some unknown reason you still wont accept them.

To you its just a case of some one calling your country bad when that is not the case. It would be better if you at least checked some of these things out but you refuse to and refuse to acknowledge what your own people say. Perhaps you believe that if you keep calling people names it will make them go away but that will not happen and it wont stop the coming crisis in the US.

Again it is a choice, you can either acknowledge that somethings going to happen and it will be bad or you can just deny it but as I said before your denial or my views wont chang anything.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
By the way, are you stroking a white cat or something?

MM, you have to admit that was funny!!!

Seriously, you claim that the US is always bragging on how good we are, and that we think ourselves better than the rest of the world, yet write one post after another ranting, "Get in your place, America! Bow down to those that are better than you!!!! You'll get yours!!!"

And big deal about the US Civil War. That ended 143 years ago! How many other countries have had multiple civil wars?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Sorry Magic but you are the one who is disillusioned about america and it's people and lifestyles. Yep, we had a civil war, over 100 years ago. The experience of it brings us together more now. We learned from it, and one thing we learned is that in America we are all brothers and sisters, and we will not attack each other in that manner again. Yes, we have a border/immigrant issue, however we allow anyone who wants an opportunity to become a member of this great nation to come legally, and with our governments assistance, we help them through the transition, becuase people all over the world want to come to America and live the same dream as I do, and that is a life of freedom, choice, and opportunity. Nothing has changed, we are still free, to choose, live life in the manner we want, to have the opportunity to be whatever you want to be, to even speak out against that which does not please you without reprimand is an honor that all Americans share. I am not a spring chicken, I have lived a long and full life, and have brothers and sisters who were born in other countries who now live in the US, I have no doubt that I am living in the greatest country in the world. I am not jealous of any other nation, I think that the diversity of it is wonderful, each nation has something unique and appealling about it, but in the US I experience all cultures imaginable, all hypothetically under one roof, and no matter where I am from or they are from, we are all Americans. I Love America, and would not trade my life here for any other.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Oh, and FYI Magic, you keep calling us anti american, we are not ANTI american. Google that and you will see that you are saying it wrong, we are Pro American. Maybe you need to put the mushrooms away.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Spacecadet. get things right will you, Its Americans calling me Anti American not the other way round. And if you love your country thats fine, the Germans loved their country and Hitler, and people loved Lenin and Stalin did they not. What has that got to do with American life changing, nothing.

The mistake that you and those who think like you is that you cannot think outside the box. The minute anyone says anything you don't want to hear you start telling me how good your country is while completly overlooking the issue in hand. I am glad that I do not have the emotional ties to my country as you have. I know my Goverment is a bunch of paid off criminals doing the dirty work for the perps who run the show. I know that and I can admit it, thats the difference between you and I.

Where as I am ready to accept what is done in mine name you don't again those words come to mind bubble and dream. I have not said America or its people are bad, quite the contrary, the country has a colourful history albeit a short one, has fantastic scenery and the people on the whole work very hard but what has all that got to do with what the gansters who run the US again nothing. You seem confused and have a problem in seperating the two points. You banging on about how good your country is or how proud you feel is irrelevant in the context of this debate.

Feeling proud of your country or the life you have has nothing to do with whats happening to America now, whats has happened to others in the past and what will happen to others in the future. No one is saying that America is going to disapear or wont exist but it is going to change and for a period of time that change will be very painful and America will loose its status in the World. Why you cannot accept that or understand it is beyond me, history is littered with such events but to you it cannot happen in America.

Perhaps you would like to explain why, and rather telling me how proud you are, start telling me about whats actually going on and how these events are affecting millions of Americans or is that too much to ask.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yeah corpse with no head stumbling around I get it. My fellow Americans have been floundering around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Everything about this place is really making me sick anyhow...it was a fun ride to be sure but its over and I'm getting off now...think I need to hurl...

Facism tend to make me quite sick to my stomach anyway.

Enjoy Martial Law! I know I won't be sticking around for that...wonder what jail is like in th rest of the world...oh well geuss I'll find out later.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
not quite yet but it will soon be i think

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join