It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your intuition telling you?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think the economic crises is over and will stabilize this time. But the next problem is the middle east. If Israel is given a green light from the US to engage Iran, i think this economic epic we just had would look like child play in comparison.

Like the Bible say: We will experience a economic meltdown after the 2d seal is engaged. I believe we are heading for a major war in the near future. After that the whole world will be bankrupt.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I think the world is a little too short sighted.

It will take a week of gains like monday, or longer, to bring us back to the "about to collapse" point ad even then, the collapse is sure to come.

The world got a little tipsy the weekend with good intentions but the numbers don't lie and the numbers are horrific still, even worse thanks to the bailout.

The past session or two are corrections. Friday, there was a massive gap down before it started to peak up, on trend with monday's gains (not gains at all, still below 10,000!!!).
The broad trend is still down down down. The dust won't settle till the DOW is at 5 or 6 thousand and even then there could be a sharp drop. Literally NOTHING can happen now or it will nose dive like a ww2 kamikaze pilot. If there is literally no other news, no other problems (DERIVATIVES!!!) then this maybe halfway down the hole. No where close is the bottom.

Stay alert, prepared and don't eat your rations just yet! This is a long term trend. The depression was a 10 year thing. This is at least half as bad but maybe twice as bad too. The accountants these days are creative ad know how to delay bad numbers by a quarter or two.

Think long term.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Im sticking any money I can spare into the stock market... when the prices are this low, its defo time to buy.

The titans have lost a huge amount as a result of this crisis. As parasitic as it sounds, Im gonna be there to grab the bargains that ensue. Its fair game... after all thats how Soros and Buffett made their billions.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
My intution, Is for everyone to pay special attention to the world.

Pay attention to you, your surroundings, others and nature also

Be aware of change, be aware of others, be aware of other's projecting onto you.

Be especially aware from others, who want to take or need action from you.

And finally don't be fooled by leaders anymore.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have been unconsiously stocking up for about a year now. In CA it can always be considered earthquake supplies.

For over 2 years I have felt that we will not have elections in 2008. If the the Bush Admin (or on their watch) can pull off 911 and with the current and sudden realignment of the financial sector then they would not risk an new admin coming in and hanging them. Will it be financial, terror in the US or on our Military overseas? Who knows!

As with many other here, my family and friends are in denial and have no intention of preparing. I can't say that I will share what I have (as I have not told them) but will only lookout for my wife and kids and use my supplies for our survival.

If things here get out of control (crime) then we will pack it and go to our rural family. Where my supplies will come in handy to trade for shelter. Will it be that bad? I doubt it but what I do know from the last few years is you can't take that chance.

I have come to accept that the country I grew up in is dead and I just can't imagine how the average person that refuses to look at the facts will react. Most people are complete idiots.

Good luck to all as the next 12 months will be interesting!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sillyfool
I have come to accept that the country I grew up in is dead

Greed, Arrogance and Stupidity will do that you know.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
i try to figure out the market mentality... but most often trying to figure it out is impossible --- i then allow intuition to run free form in my mind....

I am sorta getting almost concerned about the price of Gold in this last 2 weeks period...

it is now back down to the high $770s oz. & seems to be headed lower
lets say $700.
but the Gold producing/mining companies stocks are getting the real haircut... not the Gold itself,
many major gold producer stocks are down over 60% from their long
term sustained highs...

my intuition pulled this answer out of the blue;
the 'paper' gold, as in ETFs etc, is trading almost daily at a loss...

this fact in turn leads to many investors to redeem their shares in a big gold fund while the gettin' is still relatively good.

the managers must sell the major gold producer stocks to pay off the redemptions in their funds ...

All Along, there is a process of manipulation being played out,
and the desired result by the covert elites who are busy in their projects
is for the 20 or so major Gold producer stocks ... To Merge or be Aquired...
by other larger gold miners... so that only a manageable 9-12 major gold producers will control the whole global mining/storing/distribution of precious metals
[just like the Fed/Treasury is doing to the USA banking industry,
allowing only the "Sacred 9" to survive the crisis]

The trick is to force the markets to set the stage where only 9-12 major precious metals dealers are still around...
method: force the M&A of mining operations,
& force a consolidation of productive & proven mines,
As i see it, the masses are being scared away from gold funds,
so the crumbs can be swept into a pile...and from that pile of near worthless gold stocks, the elites will maximize their holdings very quietly...
& in about 3 years, when the real derivatives unwind & hyper-inflation hits from the $$4Trillions by both the EU & USA in saving the bank $$ injections

Then it will be clear, just what was being played out all along,
with oil, gold, resources-commodities in general, versus the paper equity wealth

call it a rant or call it an insight...anyhow its been said,
thanks

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
I am sorta getting almost concerned about the price of Gold in this last 2 weeks period...

... the Gold producing/mining companies stocks are getting the real haircut... not the Gold itself,

There must be more paper gold in existance than physical gold. The supply of paper (Intangible) gold exceeds the price of real (Tangible) gold, therefore an increase in people dumping paper gold is the cause for the price of gold decreasing.

Real gold (RGLD) needs to split from paper gold (PGLD) so that there can be an accurate representation of price in the market.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I feel fortunate that I live in the country...35 miles from the nearest town. There are alot of stocked ponds and wild game...deer, feral hogs, rabbit etc. Plus, there are cattle.

I have been stocking up for months now. Water supply and filtration is good. I have several guns and lots of ammo. I have some silver and cash. I am not out of debt, but not too deep either.

I read somewhere to make sure you have small bills and not 20's or 100's because some people will not be able to make change, so I will take care of that tomorrow.

I feel like I am sitting on a powder keg just waiting for it to explode. I have no one to talk to about this because my friends and family think I am nuts. There are just too many signs to ignore this. I am glued to the tv and know I need to turn it off...it is like watching a train wreck. I am trying to just trust my instincts. If it is inevitable, I wish it would just happen and get it over with...the waiting is difficult.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by zippy1958]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Right now, I am somewhere between most of you. I am concerned, and have some supplies ready, but I have not yet gone all "Rambo" commando style. I do plan on getting a gun soon, but I am not really seeing the utter collapse anytime soon. I am doing this mostly because I feel like most Americans are too complacent and do not think too far into the future. I do not want to be like most of them.

I also live in Hurricane Country, so any supplies that I have can also serve a dual purpose if we get hit hard. My innermost feelings, right now, are telling me that this is just a down slip after years of being on the uprise.

Remember, we are a very connected people now.Thus, panic sets in over the smallest things nowadays. This is just the world adjusting, more growing pains if you will. But then again, do not get caught offgaurd if something big, man made or natural, were to happen to you.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It all depends on what bankers have in mind. If they want to break US and cause a civil war, then the only plan is - do not get stuck in the war zone. No supplies or guns will help you survive. Nothing will help you. Get out if you have a chance. The trouble is - nobody knows where the trouble will start, if it does.

I have read somewhere about 10 years ago that Australia will be spared from the WWIII. I think that a good plan would be to go to Australia, live somewhere by the sea, use distilled water for drinking (from sear water, simple) and live a happy life...or maybe N. Zealand. But this is just a wild hint, not a plan.

There is no "financial system" - there is just a set of illusions that bankers throw into our faces so that they can manipulate us.

Another thing - in some areas of US it may start to look like S. Africa, where white minority was forced to leave their farms and the country itself. Those people were born in S. Africa and so were their parents...but thousands had to leave. I think that it is quite possible that something like that will happen in some areas of US. I am no expert, but I value my opinion
I am not blaming anybody, I just think this could easily happen.
I am an immigrant here, and if things go bad...I will be an immigrant somewhere else. Sorry, but I don't believe that any organized form of resistance has any chance. The bankers have prepared for everything too well.
I do believe in God. So, whatever happens, happens.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
" the rumors of the possibility of marital law being implemented"

They're still Rumors , I plan on staying single for as long as possible. As for my intuition... I didn't listen and she has all my money. So basically my fiscal plan is to keep all of my money in her purse.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
My gut instinct says we are in a "holding pattern", the calm before the storm if you will. It's almost as if everything is being held back for a while yet.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
My gut has been telling me for quite sometime that something is going to happen. I had been chalking this up to the fact that I sit on top of the New Madrid Fault, and I tend to be a natural worrier. But the last few months, we've been stocking up on canned and frozen meats, noodles, dried beans, etc, lots of canned veggies.
I've got a shotgun, a .22 rifle and handgun, but I'm going to be making some gunshows over the next couple of months looking for a couple handguns for concealed carry. Nine mil for me, 38 for her.
We don't have anywhere to run too, but my mother and brother live within shouting distance, and we look out for each other.
I have pecan trees, which means squirrels, if they don't leave,
We keep our debt to a mimimun, have about 4 months of living expenses in the savings.
I don't think we are going to have a total economic meltdown. The market will com back. It's going to take time, but now is the time to be investing in a good solid mutual fund.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by kettlebellysmith]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join