It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its only a gut feeling BUT

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yup, just waiting for my supplies to come in, bought sigarettes and candles for trade and have a few hundred euro's cash in hand. Will go to the stores for some bug-out equipment and keep buying untill it turns back for the better or untill i can't anymore. I'd rather waste money on stuff i don't need than keep it and see it become worthless.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Get the tallow candles.. you can eat/cook with them at a push too.

Doesn't exactly replace a rib-eye steak but beggars..etc..etc.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Every ware you go on campus you see people who look dazed and confused there is fear every ware. My wife and I are being extra cautious on campus. college is suppose to be the best time of our lives. Even those who major in party and minor in fried brain cells are being quite and only partying until 1 or 2 instead of 3 or 4.

My father in law says were as ready as we will ever be now its just the waiting game.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum wind
Every ware you go on campus you see people who look dazed and confused there is fear every ware.

Colleges must be sheer hell.
What's the point of going,learning a career with no job/prospects and owing a bundle at the end of it?
Poor guys.

Very demoralizing time to take extra academic qualifications.

Farming/practical science might be a better bet.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

I know what you mean....my sis just went off to uni and is already in 10 grand of debt, that'll go up and up over the 3 years shes there

lucky for me I scored big time, got a company paying for my course and it will still be gold in a SHTF scenario, all I gotta do now is knuckle down for 6 months and hope everything goes well in that time!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fred3110

20 yrs ago was bad enough.
My friends who went the university routes will still have to be working another 100 years to catch up on salary I was making even back then

You did the right move with the electrickery stuff.
It will be a valuable trade even in an alternative power world.. turbines/windfarms/solar for eg.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Hehe thats exactly what I'm learning.....how to build generators from scracth and how to make solar panels and wind turbines etc.

Its got hardly any relevance to the job I'll be doing when I'm finished but it looks like it will be a great skill for the future

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by fred3110
reply to post by AGENT_T

I know what you mean....my sis just went off to uni and is already in 10 grand of debt, that'll go up and up over the 3 years shes there

lucky for me I scored big time, got a company paying for my course and it will still be gold in a SHTF scenario, all I gotta do now is knuckle down for 6 months and hope everything goes well in that time!

Graduates are like Lighthouses in a desert, Brilliant but utterly pointless.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider

Originally posted by mattguy404
I don't think a SHTF scenario is likely any time soon, at least where I'm sitting in Oz.

Although, it has prompted me to up supplies in the trusty bug out bag.

It's always been a precautionary standby.

If people find their money missing, all sorts of mischief could break out.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by mattguy404]

A pair of middle aged teachers who live a few doors away from me are gutted because they had their savings in one of the icelandic banks thats folded, they were not saying how much they lost, but they did say it was ALL of their savings. Poor sods.

They aren't the only ones mate!

Hopefully the compensation groove will quicken, if not the SITX LAndrover and remaining stores, weapons and equipment I was setting my sights on next year is out of the question!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by waterdoctor

There were no 5 gal. gas cans on the shelf either, they had four left in the back room. Is this just localized to me or are others on ATS seeing this as well?

This seems like it could be the start of a slow motion train wreck. WD

Ive seen this starting in my area. Canning supplies are low, granted, harvesting is long over, and I may be part of the problem as I buy tons of jars/lids every year. I went to a precious metals outfit recently to buy up some more silver, and they were out. No kidding. 2 day wait on silver bars 1 oz and 10 oz.

Bullets are still readily available, but there has been a run on firearms lately. Nearly impossible to get AK's or those cute little Ruger .380's where I am now. Food prices are rising quickly. This is in your mundane grocery stores, as well as the warehouse stores. I did notice the limit on purchasing rice is still in effect as well.

Also something else Ive noticed that could be nothing, or part of a trend. I constantly check the web and local newspapers for useful items, i.e. guns, livestock, fencing, etc.... and lately there hasnt been what I am used to seeing. The number of sellers of these type of "sufficient" goods has significantly dropped off, and those who are selling continue to demand higher prices.

Like the OP, I feel this isnt going to end well. The market is all over the place, I read the Fed is giving unlimited loans to other centralized banks, and people for the most part are simply scared. Scared people in large masses is never a good thing.

I see bad coming down the pipe, I hope I'm wrong, but this is going to break eventually.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join