It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fortis organize lunch party for 150000 euros after bailout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Fortis organize lunch party for 150000 euros after bailout

www.lalibre.be

Le déjeuner est organisé au restaurant Louis XV de l'Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo, le plus cher de la Principauté.

La branche assurances de Fortis, rachetée lundi par BNP-Paribas, a invité vendredi 50 personnes à participer à un "événement culinaire" dans l'hôtel le plus cher de Monaco, pour un coût de 150.000 euros, rapporte vendredi le quotidien belge De Morgen.

Le déjeuner, qui réunira surtout des courtiers indépendants, est organisé au restaurant Louis XV (trois étoiles au Guide Michelin) d
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The news is not in English and I hope I will be able to find an English version soon, but until this time, here is this version. In summary, after the Government is bailing out these banker bastards, such as AIG, the Fortis is also making the most expensive party of all time from OUR money.

My question. Why don't we start a hunting season for the bankers? This is an outrage. They're bringing the banks to bankruptcy, then they're begging for our help, then after they get their bailout money from OUR taxes, they're making the greatest party of all time at the most expensive place where they're able to do. In Fortis' case, they made the party in the most expensive hotel of Monaco.

www.lalibre.be
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here is the German edition... still not found an English edition.

www.standaard.be...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Here comes a translation in my best, broken french....#

ahem;

'The lunch was organised at the Louis XV monte carlo hotel in Paris - the most expensive in the district.
Fortis, which was bailed out on Monday, sent an invite for 50 to participate in a culinary evening at the most expensive 3 michelin star hotel on Thursday'

That more or less covers it!

Seems like they're doing it in all the countries and not just AIG insurance in America - although ther spent considerably more $500,000 on luxury spas and dinner just days after the government bail out.

There is no incentives for these people to stop taking risks with other people's money. The inherrint greed is sickening!

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

Thanks for the translation. My french is much more broken, then yours.

As you written. This greed is sickening. We should send all of these bankers to an asylum for a lifetime and treat them with electroshock.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Sheridan]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheridan

Electroshock therapy is too good for them, the waste of power and the burden on the environment makes it counter-intuitive. Instead, here's a carbon swapping idea... for all those who are of the friggin mindset that cow farts are adding to the GHG's worldwide, lock them in a room where all Cow induced methane gets channeled into and that becomes their new living quarters for the rest of their lives.

But then again, there's too much opportunity THERE for them, they will probably just rebottle up the methane gas, and sell it back to US at an inflated cost claiming that unless we buy this, (due to peak oil) we wont have the ability to drive ourselves to work.

--sigh-- no end in sight

AB1

top topics

join