It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Blames USA for Economic Crash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
So Putin is blaming Wall Street & USA for this crash and is saying that "It won't return to that way ever again" stating European leaders are also saying this... Thoughts? Things are looking kinda

here's a link:
business.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 10-10-2008 by notsosecret]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I think he is quite right, and most of the world blame this on the US with good reason.

The US economy and markets have such a massive impact on the world markets, that an issue in the US will affect the world.

Its like the butterfly effect.....and the ripple across the ocean...

There is nothing we can do about it, all the markets are linked in some way, and the subprime mortgage problem in the US was the catalyst.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The German Chancellor of finance also said something like that. He said that it will take decades to reach this stage of global economic development again.
He also squarely blames the greed and corruption of US banks and traders.

Once the dust settles from this, the financial world will be much different. It is doubted that the US will be playing a major role in it anymore.

IMHO, i don't see how that will be such a bad thing. US corporations have ruined half this planet.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
And guess who will suffer the consequences of the bankers greed?

We the American people. Our quality of life will never be the same for generations to come. This could be the big one that plunges America into the second or third world status.

And we the average citizen had nothing to do with it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Whilst I think American bankers have played a very significant part in this, I draw the line at blaming only American bankers. Greed and the willingness to exploit others exists everywhere, it's hardly an American trait.

Unfortunately for America and Americans, this is the downside of crowing about American world dominance. Without wanting to sound too glib, it's similar to the Spider-Man maxim about power coming with responsibility. American leaders and bankers have had the power, but now they've got to take the responsibility.

Sadly, as always, the people that will bear the brunt of this is the little guy, which happens practically everywhere. It's not just the American little guy who's going to feel this, the little guy everywhere will.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I would have to agree with Putin. I'm not an economist, but from what I can tell the U.S. shoulders much of the blame.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by notsosecret

It means Putin has to admit that russia's economy is nothing without the US. Russia stock market, it's junk I'm telling you.

What a sore loser that Putin.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
reply to post by notsosecret

It means Putin has to admit that russia's economy is nothing without the US. Russia stock market, it's junk I'm telling you.

That's a strange understanding of world economy you have there. At some level, the economies of the world are all tied together: no country's economy is worth anything without other countries' involvement. It's a humongous see-saw; every country relies on another one in order to go up and go down. There's very few places that can work in complete isolation to other countries and none of the major players on the world scene count among them.

What a sore loser that Putin.

There's a lot of Americans on here that much be equally sore "losers" in your eyes too.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Ah, come on, Putin

I know you're only reading from the script (Protocols of the Elders of Zion?) but you must be nuts to believe we're so stoooopid !

It was the Gang, Putie

the Gang

you know that .. it was the Gang ... the same old Gang, lol

And you were there when they were planning this

.. think we don't know that ?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
WHat's Putin want? a fight?! Well, I gotz news for him, plucky knows Judo. Yeah, that's right, I will whoop his soory behind. I will make him iwhs he never messed or stepped to me and ATS. so says plucky!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
We the American people.

Oh you can be sure plenty of others will suffer with us! When our aid dollars dwindle and our massive consumer appetite slows down plenty of others will be effected.

One thing they have not brought up is how this is going to affect our presence in Iraq over the next couple of years. I have always been against the war but I have also said we cannot pull out because it could cause conflict in surrounding countries that could destabilize the world economy (i.e. the Saudi pipeline gets bombed and oil prices skyrocket like never before).

Apparently the US is already causing a global economic problem, if the middle east were to go up in flames because Americans "are tired of the war" this could get a whole lot worse in a hurry. Have the candidates addressed this issue?

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
First off, there is enough blame to go around. I don't agree that the USA is responsible. I believe that the GOV. is. Not the people. We have been so washed by brain laziness, because of convenience and a profit for profit's sake driven economy, we likely were powerless to stop our very GOV. from committing economic suicide. I feel more for the other countries of the world that were struggling as it was before this all happened.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

We the American people. Our quality of life will never be the same for generations to come. This could be the big one that plunges America into the second or third world status.
And we the average citizen had nothing to do with it.

In relation to the rest of the western world as a whole, you guys had it extremely easy for the last 60 years while Europe/Japan was rebuilding and Australia was developing. Most of America's money came from raping poorer countries so no offense meant when i say that "we the average citizen had nothing to do with it" is absolute rubbish, you all gained from it.

And for your information, the rest of the world is also crashing. Albeit not as hard as the US but everyone is being taken down a notch with you.

You wont be plunged into second or third world status.. If your government stops its wreck less spending on war and the supplementing of lifestyles and uses that money to keep developing business and social infrastructure, things will not be all that different for you. The US will lose its uber-superpower status and your ego's will have to deflate to normal human levels.

The ball is in your governments court, it all depends if they are willing to bite the bullet and actually look after its people instead of selling them out. Some tact on their part when it comes to foreign relations would also be helpful.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Russia know the US had secretly helped and encoraged Georgia to launch an invasion into S.O to weeken Russia. More evidence is building up exposing dodgy arms trades coming out of Ukrane to Georgia funded by the US just before the War.

The US and the neocons have been rumbled and they know it. This is why relations have cooled and the langage coming out of Russia is getting harsher.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
The US will lose its uber-superpower status and your ego's will have to deflate to normal human levels.

Believe me plenty of average US citizens have humble egos. In many ways our standard of living is often not as good as that in many European countries. Sheesh we are lucky to get 10 days paid vacation, and 5 paid holidays a year.

Give us a break, plenty of us work darn hard and many are NOT living in the lap of luxury.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Believe me plenty of average US citizens have humble egos.

Give us a break, plenty of us work darn hard and many are NOT living in the lap of luxury.

An overly generalized statement on my part but if for every one American i run into, who has a good perspective on things - like yourself - for instance, there are ten who are the complete opposite and bring the rest of you down.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DermoAn overly generalized statement on my part but if for every one American i run into, who has a good perspective on things - like yourself - for instance, there are ten who are the complete opposite and bring the rest of you down.

And in truth I can't really disagree with that. It maybe a regional thing, but I was quite shocked at the arrogant and insensitive attitudes that my countrymen showed regarding the war, as well as other issues.

I think because our country is so big, and even our daily stream of information and entertainment is so "American" many just seem to view themselves as the center of the world. I believe only about 17% of Americans even have a passport, most have never traveled overseas and truly don't grasp that other countries have intelligent life forms.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
After this whole situation i dont see the US playing any major parts in world economy for quite a while. Good riddance i say, i just hope that too many people dont get badly affected because of this.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

We the American people.

Apparently the US is already causing a global economic problem, if the middle east were to go up in flames because Americans "are tired of the war" this could get a whole lot worse in a hurry. Have the candidates addressed this issue?

They have skated around it many times...
Its rough because if either of them fart the wrong colour, they will be boned with
the purplest. BOTH Mccain and OBAMA are tipi toeing around the place hoping to death will not kill their chances of being KING OF THE WORLD.

THEN you have both sides on the ground hoping the other will not win and bring about Armageddon.

The war is a Monumental failure for christ sake. It is like an amputation, either way your face down on the couch. When you think about objectives... Stabilize, maintain and rehabilitate a nation of 25 million?

SO, I mean what constitutes VICTORY?

IS it pints of blood spilled or cans of COKE sold?

I mean $100,000,000,000.00 a year + is mighty steep if you ask me.
What is the investment in this whole thing.

Do you keep fixing the car or say f it?

Hell, for every pro there is a con...

READY!!!!

FIRE!!!!!!!

AIM!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
It was the Gang, Putie

AGREED! this is just more 'blame America for everything' bunk.

Blame America so that the Russians won't look at their own dismal life.

America has become the scapegoat.

Putin, and all the world mucky-mucks, know full well that someone at the Bildebergers pushed a button a few weeks ago to make this happen. 3 weeks ago the world was just fine and now suddenly the entire planet is bankrupt?? Nah ... the NWO people have put this into play. They are making a litle throne for their Anti-Christ.

Hmmm ... who could that be? A fella that comes out of nowhere. Someone the entire planet falls head over heals for. Someone who promises to change the world and even the seasons. Someone just in time to fix a major global meltdown .....

Who is ... 'The One'? The savior? The new messiah?

It's so damn obvious. :shk:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join