It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tens of thousands illegally denied voting rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Tens of thousands illegally denied voting rights

rawstory.com

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Tens of thousands of voters in at least six battleground states have been removed from election rolls or have been illegally blocked from registering to vote, according to an investigation by the New York Times published Thursday.

The anomalies, which are violations of US federal law, are largely bureaucratic mistakes in record keeping, and "do not seem to be coordinated by one party or the other, nor do they appear to be the result of election officials intentionally breaking rules," said the newspaper
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
In the battle ground states of Colorado, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Nevada and North Carolina, eligible voters were taken off rolls, and new registrations were blocked, illegally.

This story has legs the GOP is working overtime with voter fraud. The only hope is that MSM is beginning to give this story some air time.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Voter fraud?? What you talking about Willis?

No such thing.. all our voting processes are on the up and up, if not there would be revolts in the streets...

Oh wait, this isn't Ireland or something.. sorry mistake... continue on wit this..

[edit on 10/9/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

No reason to blame. Let's just be honest. Our voting and registration has been in need of a big overhaul for a long time. It is a two way street and both parties share in the blame. Maybe we should try the ink thing the Iraqi's used.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The anomalies, which are violations of US federal law, are largely bureaucratic mistakes in record keeping, and "do not seem to be coordinated by one party or the other, nor do they appear to be the result of election officials intentionally breaking rules," said the newspaper.

Emphasis mine.

How can you contradict your own source and still claim intellectual honesty?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TXPatriot38

Easy just watch me!

It's no mystery to me who wants to deny the vote. Which party benefits when more people vote?? Who benefits when less people vote???

From Free Internet Press:

The six swing states seem to be in violation of federal law in two ways. Michigan and Colorado are removing voters from the rolls within 90 days of a federal election, which is not allowed except when voters die, notify the authorities that they have moved out of state, or have been declared unfit to vote.

Indiana, Nevada, North Carolina and Ohio seem to be improperly using Social Security data to verify registration applications for new voters.

In addition to the six swing states, three more states appear to be violating federal law. Alabama and Georgia seem to be improperly using Social Security information to screen registration applications from new voters. And Louisiana appears to have removed thousands of voters after the federal deadline for taking such action.

Under federal law, election officials are supposed to use the Social Security database to check a registration application only as a last resort, if no record of the applicant is found on state databases, like those for driver’s licenses or identification cards.

The requirement exists because using the federal database is less reliable than the state lists, and is more likely to incorrectly flag applications as invalid. Many state officials seem to be using the Social Security lists first.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Again, nothing in that article states that either the DNC or the GOP are culpable. And before you assume, I am for neither, I'm a libertarian.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Actually there is NO violation of the law here, it is nothing more than retribution aimed at accusing the Republicans of wrong doing since the group named ACORN, with proven Democrat ties, has recently succumbed to FBI raids. We NEED Social Security checks, since it has already been estimated that this year alone, nearly 3 MILLION NON-Citizens will cast Votes! In an area I lived in as well, there was a Democrat Senator who won against the Republican Candidate by 7,000 Votes. Today however it was finally revealed that 42,000 of the votes tallied towards that race were in fact cast by Non-Citizens. In other words, the Democrat Senator won through the votes of Illegal Immigrants, and no one has EVER retracted the results from that election.

I have personally witnessed Voter Fraud on the local level, and it is EXTREMELY frustrating. Checking SSN's does NOT violate any laws however, and in fact it remains better at preventing fraud that an easily forged Stated Issued ID.

new topics

top topics

join