It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

meteor 10-9-08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I seen this on the news tonight it was around 930 pm ets.it was seen from
chicago threw west michigan.reports are of it having a tail of all diffrent colers.any info would be great I cant find any thing.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
update,a report oh a faa tower seeing it also.sorry for the one line thats all I got.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
update,a report oh a faa tower seeing it also.sorry for the one line thats all I got.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I tried posting in the other thread about the "moon gas" Anonymously, but I just registered to bypass waiting two hours.

Anyways. I am in Iowa. About 8:15-8:30 tonight a friend was driving me home from work and I looked up at the sky as I do while we are on the highway.

I seen 3 meteors to the left side of the moon, not really close to it though. Two were almost parallel but off by a little, the other trailed right behind them about 5 seconds later. Each lasted about 5-10 seconds. I do not know if all of these are related, but between this and the other thread it appears the skies are active tonight.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Phoenix Black]

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Phoenix Black]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I've seen about 6 going through the sky so far tonight and I live in Iowa

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I live in Wauconda, IL. My wife and I saw the meteor last night at about 9:10 pm. It lasted about 5 to 8 seconds, starting off looking like a glow of light moving quickly, turned into a fireball (as it hit the earth's atmosphere), followed by diminishing in size and brightness until we couldn't see it anymore. It was a little less than 1/2 the size of the moon last night (the moon was about 2/3 of it's normal size).

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You guys are probably seeing Draconid meteors - the Draconids peak is on the 9th/10th. There are also many many other minor showers active right now, and background sporadic (random) meteor activity is also quite high at this time of year.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yep I saw one too. The one around 9:07PM from Chicago. Bright white moving from the west twards the east southeast. Just amazing. Lasted about 5-7 seconds too.

new topics

top topics

join