It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help required identifying possible satellite.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ok, first off apologies if this is in the wrong area, but i was at a stretch to think of the correct one, it's 3am here.

Now my location, Peterborough, uk. Timing is usually about nightfall to 1am each night (give or take). When observing this, it is roughly north easterly, just above the rooftops of the houses 2 fair sized gardens away (suburban)

The object itself 'pulsates' slightly, when viewed through any binoculars/refractor etc it appears thus: a cubic object, rotating, with 4 points of light at each 'edge'. though this may be an optical illusion.

What the heck is this thing?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If it's staying in the same position it is not a satellite. If it moves upward and to the east through the evening it could be the star Capella. If it stays in the same location the first thing I would look for would be an antenna tower in that direction during the day.

If it's not one of these, I wish I were there to see it.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Google earthed for an antenna, explored the area, no antenna towers. I don't *think* it's Capella, though, at least my maps of the sky lead me to think it isn't.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Any way to get an image of it?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Doubtful, the rotation is only visible through binoculars/telescopes and i don't have any experience of photographing the night sky. Also i don't own a CCD camera for astrophotography

Edit for spelling errors.

[edit on 13/10/08 by Venit]

new topics

top topics

join