It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO chief: I'm not positive Iran can be stopped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

NATO chief: I'm not positive Iran can be stopped

www.jpost.com

In what is seen as a rare statement of support for Israel, NATO Secretary-General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer said Monday that there was no reason for Israel to surrender its alleged nuclear capabilities in the face of Iran's continued race towards nuclear power.

Speaking at a conference in France, Scheffer said he did not believe the international community would be able to stop Iran from developing a nuclear bomb.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I wonder how far along Iran actually is with their attempt to get where they want with this? I know Russia is against it so they won't get any help from there. But would any country actually help with this? Seems doubtful, unless the countries wanted to unite in their cause?

This article was posted on Oct. 7th. I wasn't sure if it was posted or discussed on ATS yet or not. If so, oops!!

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

Well, if its ok for Israel to hold nuclear weapons in the face of Irans possessing them, one must also then accept Iran holding weapons in the face of Israel possessing them.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I remember hearing about North Korea having fired up their reactors again. Someone (from South Korea) told me a couple of days ago that North Korea also fired off 2 test missiles since they fired it back up. Was there news on that at all? Has anyone heard anything?

new topics

top topics

join