It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO researcher to unveil Roswell findings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Link

A British expert says a UFO crashed in the States in 1947 and there is “no doubt aliens were here”.Philip Mantle – editor of UFO Data Magazine – is unveiling his findings at an international conference this month. But he has given the Daily Star exclusive details. He investigated the site in New Mexico and has been analysing rock, earth and vegetation. The area is surrounded by charred trees and bushes and a mysterious blue bubbly substance dribbles down rocks.

He claims to have discovered something new at the crash site which no one else discovered in over 60 years, sounds a bit fishy doesnt it?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think this relates to the Corona crash not Roswell, correct me if i am wrong?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Im pretty sure he is referring to the Roswell incident.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is from UFOBLOGGER lIts the soccoro crash

Brookhaven's U.S. National Laboratory Scientist confirms UFO crash site

In June 2007 U.S. researcher Ed Gehrman and UK author Philip Mantle travelled to a remote location in the Nogal Canyon area near Socorro , New Mexico . For decades arguments had raged regarding the alleged crash of a UFO in the New Mexico desert.

Gehrman and Mantle were to visit a site well into the canyon that they believed may prove significant into the research of the alleged UFO crash. The site they visited is littered with rocks only burnt on one side and trees burnt at the top, but this was only the beginning. At the end of a dry river bed the rock face and surrounding loose rock was literally covered with a bluish material. This was not part of the rock, instead it was ‘splattered’ all over the rock face and surround loose rocks. The area was extensively photographed and filmed by Gehrman and Mantle and samples of the rock with the bluish material were retained for analysis. This bluish material was later identified as cristobalite.

Scientific Analysis

In 2008 samples of these rocks were sent to Dr R. Ronald Rau, a physicist with the Brookhaven National Laboratory in New York . Dr Rau is a respected scientist in the physics field whose current research includes theoretical particle physics; numerical simulations of quantum field theory and computational physics. In two technical reports Dr Rau concluded that the cause of the effects found at the site in Nogal Canyon were the result of a UFO. He explained his findings in simple terms: “

1. In ref. to report CNM-080108RAU the reports basically is saying that there are small traces of radioactivity. The radioactivity traces was a measurable amount 238 U [which is the most common isotope of uranium found in nature] but is very surprising that it would be on these samples. The other micro-trace picked up was 214Pb [lead] and 214Bi [bismuth] which has very short half-lives but to my account this can be viewed as negligible. What is interesting is 238 U on the rock samples. This can be caused by a condition called Locard's Exchange Principle. This also can be explained in my second report [CNM-080109RAU] as the same phenomena.

2. Basically here is what Locard's Exchange does -- "Every Contact Leaves a Trace". So when you have a huge high impact and high temperature yield you can a transfer of materials from the source to destination at the point of impact. For example from so-called ship to the surrounding area in that impact area can be very well the cause. I would conclude that something very fast high temperature yield cause the surrounding area to exhibit the Locard's Exchange transformation.

Would I tag it a "UFO"...Probably because the unknown source is unknown!”

It is rare indeed, that any reputable scientist will go on the record to support the possibility of UFO crashing in the New Mexico desert.

Extraterrestrial properties of UFO

So far Dr Rau’s technical lab reports have been shown only to a handful of people several of whom have past comment: U.S. computer scientist Dr Ronnie Milione had this to say : After reviewing Dr. Rau report on the rock samples submitted from Socorro, New Mexico I'm strongly convinced that some object of high velocity, temperature and unusual extraterrestrial properties and radiation was exposed to the surrounding crash site and still to this day after more than 60 years left a unique signature of an "unknown object" that still mystifies the UFO researchers of today and proof that the U.S. government still hides the truth.”

In the UK the former Ministry of Defence UFO expert Nick Pope stated: "This looks to be a potentially very interesting and significant development, though further clarification needs to be sought on the question of whether a meteor impact could have caused the effect documented. More generally, widespread media and public acceptance of UFO-related claims is unlikely to be forthcoming unless such claims are underpinned by proper scientific analysis. By engaging with Dr Rau, Gehrman and Mantle are doing what few in this controversial field of research have had the courage and foresight to do, namely taking the subject out of the fringe and putting it where it belongs - in the laboratory".

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Weird, the article headline stated it was Roswell from the source i found.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The original article is this press release:
Brookhaven Scientist confirms UFO crash site. ufoblogger has just copied it omitting (as always) to provide any link to the original article.
The location was the Nogal Canyon area near Socorro, New Mexico.

It's being already discussed in this thread by Frank Warren:
PRESS RELEASE: Brookhaven Scientist Confirms UFO Crash Site

The full lab reports and investigation of this site will be released by UK author Philip Mantle at an International UFO Conference sponsored by UFO DATA Magazine in West Yorkshire, England, over the weekend of October 25th and 26th.

For further details please contact Philip Mantle at:

Tele: +44 (0) 779 257 2356.
Email: [email protected]

www.ufodata.co.uk...

Hope this helps

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

The Corona crash is a probable hoax. The people involved in it were caught lying and a diary from the time (1947) was tested and shown to be written in the 1970s or later. Also a main "witness" was not in New Mexico during the summer the alleged incident took place.

While I like Stanton Friedman, he does not give up to easily (to his credit also). I do think the lack of evidence or credible witnesses chalk the Corona crash to hoax.

New Mexico is a big area, so it is possible something could still be found of the old Roswell crash.

new topics

top topics

join