It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush in Televised Address to the Nation Tomorrow (Oct 10)?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
as he speaks the markets will drop, no doubt in my mind

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

I'm not sure what time he's supposed to speak, but i'm guessing it's before the market opens as he's supposed to have it in the morning. Trading starts at 10am i think?? I'm guessing he'll try to do it beforehand.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It is game over. Too late to impeach or do anything else. Remember that scene in Terror Planet when Bruce Willis' character says to that one guy "Looks like I got you by the...Abby" with that wild look in his eyes?

www.tickerforum.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
From Pika-Steph:

In a short time (perhaps as much as a couple hours) there is going to be a document posted regarding the situation we now face. We literally have 24-48 hours before complete Armeggedon world-wide. The stock market sell-off today was more than just 'confidence being lost'. Our credit markets are now completely seized up. As in stick a fork in 'em. This means every single company, pretty much anywhere on the planet, that relies upon funding its debt in the credit markets, will cease to exist. As in *POOF*. This means all commerce will stop. Completely. I'm pretty sure I don't have to elaborate on what comes after that.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

stock markets opens at 930 Eastern standard time

and he is supposed to as far as i know speak at 10 am

so it will have an effect just you watch

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

Hmm...interesting indeed. I'll be at work when it happens. Guess i'll have to watch the stocks with my trusty cell phone to see how it turns out.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
[edit on 10-10-2008 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The stock market opens at 9:30 am, and 'King George' is scheduled to speak to his subjects at 10:00 am. Expect massive sell-off! Currently, the Asian and Australian markets are ranging from -5.7% (Hong Kong HSSE Red Chip) to -9.47% (Japan Nikkei 225).

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Cripes. Can't we just make it through the weekend? lol I am completely worn out with EVERYTHING. There is so much going on it's starting to take it's toll on my brain. Part of me just wants whatever is going to happen to just happen already.

My workplace has slowed down bigtime. I work for a small business. We just aren't getting the work anymore. I have no work scheduled for the next 2 weeks. I work in the printing industry (printing press).

It's really morbid looking right now.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Is this disclosure just right before the FOL show up on 10/14?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Maybe he's addressing the nation to introduce the new currency???

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
If George says everything is going to ok, i'm sure the markets will respond and go up 1000 pts because that's what happened the 3 other times he did it.

Oops.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Just what we need now! Alfred E. Neuman to come out and tell us that he and his cronies have everything under control!

If you're not scared, you're not paying attention!

Post some more pics like that when it's still time to do it. You do the same thing with President Barrack Obama and your racist white ass goes to jail.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have just traveled to the future and brought back a copy of tomorrow's speech by our Fearless Leader:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Get this, I just got back from trying to pull all my cash out of the bank here locally and this Old Lady teller said I had to book in to get more than $3000 out. I said well I really need it to buy a motorbike this weekend can I have it ? she let me pull out only $10K out of the kindness of her heart but the comment she made stunned me...."I have never handed over so much cash in one day in my working life here", which means a lot of people aren't taking a gamble with their cash in the banks at the moment.

This article is what sent me straight down there....

www.news.com.au...

This little market crash may just be moving to Australian Banks now.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by anachryon
Which gov't? The US gov't?
It hasn't held any legitimacy for, oh, 6 or 7 years now.

I'm calling for a 200 point drop on the Dow after Bush speaks tomorrow. Lately every time a public statement is made by any of the officials during trading hours, the market responds by pooping all over itself.

I could not help but laugh at this part "the market responds by pooping all over itself."
At least someone out there is looking at this with a sense of humor.
Thankyou!!
Indeed we all need to keep positive in the face of out totalitarian dictators.
Maintain your resolve but remember to smile and enjoy what we have left at the end of the day. Especially our families.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Its funny they wait until people are going to work to get their paychecks.....

I wonder how many paychecks wont be there?

Bush will just let us know that everything is peachy and to turn our backs on what is going to happen next...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The White House canceled the scheduled televised speech, but no reasons were given.

I can only guess what the reason was: Since you never know how the stock market reacts to anything the government says or does these days, it's better to stay silent.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
The White House canceled the scheduled televised speech, but no reasons were given.

I can only guess what the reason was: Since you never know how the stock market reacts to anything the government says or does these days, it's better to stay silent.

He should wait until after the 1,000 point drop tommarrow to say that the government is doing everything that it can do to make sure that the potential recession doesn't get worse.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by anachryon
Washington Post

President Bush, who has said little publicly during this week's prolonged market dive, will make a statement about the crisis tomorrow morning in the Rose Garden, the White House said late today.

Press secretary Dana M. Perino said Bush will "assure the American people that they should be confident that economic officials are aggressively taking every action to stabilize our financial system."

"Americans should be confident that every effort is being taken to stabilize our markets," Perino said.

Oh, that's rich.

This coming from the same idiotic mouth piece who suggested that Americans simply "go out and get a job".

I know these words certainly comfort me at a time like this

After watching the Asian index drop through the floor I am unable to go to sleep. Black Friday here we come!!! Woohoo!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join