It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush in Televised Address to the Nation Tomorrow (Oct 10)?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
CBC Newsworld's "The National" broadcast just announced a few minutes ago that there will be a televised address to the nation by Bush tomorrow, but I can't find anything with a Google News Search.

Anybody hear anything?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yes, I heard the same thing. It was mentioned shortly after market close today on MSNBC.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here we go- this could be the big one!!!

I'll be sure to light a candle tonight. We are about to become prisoners, imo.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Very interesting, is there anything planned or been in the pipeline for this televised event ?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Washington Post

President Bush, who has said little publicly during this week's prolonged market dive, will make a statement about the crisis tomorrow morning in the Rose Garden, the White House said late today.

Press secretary Dana M. Perino said Bush will "assure the American people that they should be confident that economic officials are aggressively taking every action to stabilize our financial system."

"Americans should be confident that every effort is being taken to stabilize our markets," Perino said.

Oh, that's rich.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Ahhh... there it is!

More "Don't Worry Be Happy" talk from a lame duck leader.

Question:

How much legitimacy does a government hold when it totally looses control over it's own economy?

Seriously.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Question:

How much legitimacy does a government hold when it totally looses control over it's own economy?

Which gov't? The US gov't?
It hasn't held any legitimacy for, oh, 6 or 7 years now.

I'm calling for a 200 point drop on the Dow after Bush speaks tomorrow. Lately every time a public statement is made by any of the officials during trading hours, the market responds by pooping all over itself.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Oh, that ought to be funny.
I can just see it now:
"My fellow Americans, I know you are worried about the economy, but let me assure you, the economy is sound. Dick Cheney told me so.
Now you may be looking at your 401K's and have seen how they have been cut in half, losing tens of thousands of dollars. But look at the bright side...gasoline is down, and you'll save 25 cents a gallon over what it was before this crisis started, ...er...I mean this fake crisis.
It's really not a crisis, just a minor market correction. Well, take care, everything will be fine. I have to go now. I've got to rope some cattle at my ranch. I'm having a BBQ tonight, and Barney Frank is coming over with his Fannie Mae "friend", and you know what an eater he is. Gosh, can that man eat meat!"

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This should be interesting. He hasn't opened his mouth once in the past month that it didn't worsen the disastor.

I give up.

It's always irked me that we have lost all respect in the US for everything, the flag, the President, each other.

But I'm at the end of my rope here (with the rest of you), so hear it goes, I've lost my respect for anything but my God now.

PRESIDENT BUSH - PLEASE I BEG OF YOU - SHUT UP!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Anyway - it's looking like by morning it will all be over and way too late. The entire world is crashing tonight.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
ex/

← Army prepares America for Martial Law - Updated

Frank Luntz, Ron Paul’s message transcends politics →

FEMA sources confirm coming martial law, says Wayne Madsen
October 8th, 2008 | Breaking News, Constitutional Crisis, Martial Law

By: George @ 6:09 PM - EST

Wayne Madsen a Washington based investigative journalist, author, columnist and former U.S. Naval Officer reported on April 3rd, 2008 the existence of a document called the “C & R” document is being passed around among senior members of Congress and their staff.

Bush planning martial law

FEMA sources have told Madsen today that the Bush administration is putting final touches on a plan that would initiate martial law in the event of continuing economic collapse causing massive social unrest, bank closures resulting in violence against financial institutions and another fraudulent presidential election that would result in rioting in major cities and campuses around the country.

/ex

www.dailynewscaster.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.dailynewscaster.com... 0/08/fema-sources-confirm-coming-martial-law-says-wayne-madsen/

SORRY ABOUT THE LINK AND THE POST- i cant get a grip on this computer.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Anyone watched the markets while Bush speaks before? He's always good for a good down move when he opens his mouth during trading hours generally and even worse when he talks economics during trading hours.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hasn't he made enough "announcements"? None of them seem to work.

I saw him stumbling on the news this morning...

"The financial... and... market capital is important... and, uh..."

I'm sure you guys are feeling safe n' secure that he's about to make another address.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It's just going to be more of the same of what he said last time. They are doing there best to solve the problem and working as fast as they can. He's basically going to try to calm the public and hope it has an effect on the stock market. That's my prediction.

Now lets hope the worst scenario doesn't happen!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Lock and load baby.

Time to kill off some drones.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I agree with Relentless and several others.
The village idiot ought to shut his mouth, and go back down to his ranch in Texas.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If Bush talks about how the economy is "interlinking" again, plucky will puke on his stupid face! On the television, of coarse...which I will have to clean up, not him...maybe I'll just thrown my cat at the television.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Just what we need now! Alfred E. Neuman to come out and tell us that he and his cronies have everything under control!

If you're not scared, you're not paying attention!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
A time like this is where our January inauguration hurts us. Bush's time is over, yet even after the election we will continue to drift rudderless.

He will just try to talk the market up tomorrow, and as usual, he will fail.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Just go to the home page of the site you listed, it is just over half way down the page.

Naomi Wolf predicted this. So did many others. Sad just sad.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join