It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Upcoming GFL "Appearance" be an Attempt to Debunk Conspiracy Theorists?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
just a little thought i had a while back, and i've yet to hear any mention of it...

could Blossom Goodchild be some sort of... say, "Illuminati puppet"?
broadcasting her message so as to get the mainstream to believe that conspiracy "theorists" are gullible and delusional, when there is NO appearance at all, on or around October 14?!

again, just a thought, but how many people know about this "event", across the globe? only 21.9% of Earth's population uses the internet... but, at least 71% of the U.S. has the internet. so do many internet users know about the GFL and October 14? will most that don't follow conspiracy "theories" then be able to slam anyone with a conspiracy, because maybe they stereotyped all conspiracy followers into believing this event would happen? could TPTB really be in charge of this?! it is rather far-fetched...

don't get me wrong though - i think if the GFL really existed, and there really was a sighting around the 14th, it would be absolutely amazing!!!
however, what will Blossom Goodchild say when nothing happens?

peace, & Service-To-Others!!! that means YOU!!

[edit on 9-10-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Standing on the fence on this prediction, as many of us has seen to many of those ex hippie types jump on GFL the band wagon.

I am sceptical to say the least but? and there is always a but that it may be true, as we have no proof otherwise. Only from the previous ashtar preditions that never came to light.

As for Blossom Goodchild she will be the target of every UFO sceptic in the world if nothing happens on the date and she will damage the reputation of every serious researcher in that field.

No doubt I will be puting my dollars worth in to every GFL/FL/Ahstar channelling thread if this is found to be another hoax as I have studied the UFO subject for over 30yrs and have no tolarence for hoaxers.

I have a feeling that another channeling will pop its head up if there is a none event, saying that for some reason it had to be put off to another date as before.

The only thing to do is sit back watch and wait.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I've kept that in mind as well. It would be wonderful if they did show up, and where exactly who they claim to be. I know we have many different visitors. Many do not get involved in serious plans of saving the world partly due to rules preventing them, and partly due to considering us primitive, either violent, or apathetic sheeps. At least thats what I've gathered from much research. There are some helping, and if we change and start to help others we may gain some real help. But I have wondered if this rather specific claim was some form of deflation for ufology. I've read that its one of the most asked about phenomenom from the public. The pressure to disclose must be mounting and this could be an attempt to discredit the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
I've kept that in mind as well. It would be wonderful if they did show up, and where exactly who they claim to be. I know we have many different visitors. Many do not get involved in serious plans of saving the world partly due to rules preventing them, and partly due to considering us primitive, either violent, or apathetic sheeps. At least thats what I've gathered from much research. There are some helping, and if we change and start to help others we may gain some real help. But I have wondered if this rather specific claim was some form of deflation for ufology. I've read that its one of the most asked about phenomenom from the public. The pressure to disclose must be mounting and this could be an attempt to discredit the whole thing.

You hit the nail on the head there Mysiq!

Thats my thoughts also, I had a feeling its was always a debunking scam but there is no way of finding who is in the back ground.

No doubt we will be back here airing our anger after the non event.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

List people here on ATS that actually believe this is going to happen.

Most people on all these threads only say it could possibly, very few that I have read here at ATS believe it.

I just find it a very amusing distraction from life and work.
Kind of like buying a lottery ticket, I am almost certain that I will not win but enjoy the fantasy of millions for a few minutes.

Most people already think conspiracy theorosist and ufologist are nuts anyway. You will never become credible to mainstream society until a UFO shows up for the world or its proven that 9/11 was an inside job.
That is just the way it is.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have considered that she is "in on something", whilst not being a literal agent or puppet of any particular organization such as the CIA or an Australian/European intelligence agency. If she knew from an inside source that there was going to be a test flight of some secret technology, and wanted to spin it into some sort of aliens and spaceships tale, in doing so she accomplishes many things.

1) She gets peoples attention about the 14th so that they will be watching. The test flight would obviously be to see the people's reaction to such a craft.

2) She turns what could be military man-made craft into "alien spacecraft" from the GFL. This way .. if there is a test flight but not to gauge reaction, but rather, to attempt to openly trick the witnesses into believing it was not of this Earth, Goodchild's "prediction" will have already created the backdrop for this.

3) She could be actively spreading outright disinformation.

4) She found out the test date of a military craft, and without working with the military, she is attempting to prop up her own status as a prophet and channeler by predicting an accurate event, in the eyes of the sheeple.

I'd say the truth is closer to number 2 or number 4, than number 1 or 3.

HERE IS MY VIDEO ON THE SUBJECT:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10/9/2008 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Most probablyTPB use these type of stories to guage public reaction.If the "buzz" factor is high enough,they probably will eventually use it against the public.The powers that be believe us all to be fools.Like P.T.Barnum said "there's a sucker born every minute" They just want to suck fools in.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Even though this FOL thing is wild to be sure, I still have a bit of anticipation about it. Kinda like a child on Christmas morning (for those of you who know of that). Through my many years of chasing ETs and listening to people tell me I was crazy for my beliefs - I have never really taken someone's prediction of a landing, a sighting, Aliens bringing us 'Peace', etc. very seriously.
I fully believe that they will come - one day. But on their own time... unannounced... and it may not be as warm and fuzzy as we would like.

As for this Blossom Goodchild thing - I really do not know if she is playing a game with us (ATS / Debunkers). She just may be attempting to get a tremendous amount of attention for her own motives.

My three (3) thoughts on her and this FOL event have been:

1) Is she an agent of some international govt or NWO set up to bring about the final step in the Von Braun Prophecy?
2) Is she just someone who wants to create alot of noise about something that she thinks is going to happen - in her mind?
3) Is she for real and does she have an actual handle on a date and time of an amazing event that may change humanity for the better?

So I really can't get beyond those without more evidence.
But like I said - I don't doubt that we have a contact with Aliens / ETs in the near future,

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
Could the Upcoming GFL "Appearance" be an Attempt to Debunk Conspiracy Theorists?

could Blossom Goodchild be some sort of... say, "Illuminati puppet"?
broadcasting her message so as to get the mainstream to believe that conspiracy "theorists" are gullible and delusional, when there is NO appearance at all, on or around October 14?!

Yes, it could be so...

in that case I think that even she was being fooled too...

puppets, you say?

Right, but I say that maybe we all have some strings attached to us, in some level or another... whether we realize it or not... that's how we all can meet here on ATS for example...

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Even if "they" did actually come, they're not going to "help us", and they probably "cant" even if they wanted to.

To assume that intelligence evolves in a linear fashion, ie; that anything more intelligent than a human being had to have the intelligence EQUAL to a human being at some point in the distant past. This would mean there's one linear path of heightened intelligence. I don't know if this is true or not, but lets assume it is true for this point im about to make.

When we, educated humans, are in the wilderness of our own planet Earth, we take extremely great care not to get involved in the lives of the animals we study and document. If we follow a mother lioness and her cubs as they struggle to survive, videotaping it, as a point of ethics we do not interfere when a predator animal comes along and kills the mother lioness, or more commonly her cub(s). We watch these types of nature documentaries all the time, and one of the unspoken rules is always leave nature alone! and not to interfere because, we were not meant to do so, and doing so will upset the balance or equillibrium of our relationship with nature.

Thus, an alien civilization even more intelligent than we are, vastly more intelligent, would likely follow the same code of ethics so to speak. If they have the capability to navigate the stars in any reason amount of time, they must have to take a strict oath of non-interference in other creature's affairs no matter how bad their situation may be. Or, maybe they can only interact to a certain small degree, like crop circle pictures and the like. Communication but no physical contact. Mental speech but no verbal speech. Just some ideas..

For example; lets say us humans send a manned spacecraft up to Mars, which we are planning to do, hopefully within the next 40 years, lol. Despite not picking up any pictures or footage of life on the planet, let's say there is actual life there, but it is not advanced at all. Let's say that there is some race of subterrainian cavern dwellers who live off of the pools of water which collect below the planet's surface. This would be why there are no big structures or groups of beings walking around in any of the pictures sent back by the Rover.

Ok, now that we have established the background story, what do you think the Human astronauts would do? The aliens im refering to here would look exactly like humans, except shorter, thinner, more curve in their spine, and much more pale? oh yes, and bald too. Imagine a grey, except he is 5 foot 4 inches tall, has a young mans' stature, has a head that's actually proportionate to his body, is bald and pale, yet looks identical to a human being in the face and body structure. 5 fingers, 5 toes, identical set of organs that function like ours, etc. Obviously in this fictional scenario, who'ever seeded the Earth with men did so with Mars also. But anyways... if our Astronauts saw them from low orbit, but did not get spotted by the Martians, what do you think they'd do?

I think the Astronauts would either land in an isolated portion of the planet and attempt to go unnoticed, or to turn around and head back to Earth. What I DONT think they'd do is meet and greet with the Martians purposefully playing that Ancient Astronaut role that the Anunnaki did. Because we humans, we know the impact that such a thing could have on a people. They'd literally consider us Gods and consider our planet Heaven. We know that they'd consider us Gods because of experiences such as helicopter/airplane fly-by's of uncontacted, amazonian tribes in the South American rainforests. If we did the same thing except on another PLANET .. the effect would be multiplied by hundreds and hundreds. They'd worship us, start a religion around us, consider us Gods, etc. Their women would throw themselves at us. The offspring created would be so much superior to their pure-Martian bretheren due to the blood. Sound familiar to anyone? Heheh.. this is knda where the Earth's creation story according to the Sumerians starts.

Bottom line: they will not contact us with a communication, unless perhaps on a generic medium, and if so, with a generic message for everyone.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

yeah, there's been a string of recent hoaxes: "alien in the window," CARET, bigfoot corpse, and terrorist attack in the US...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Could it be more a push to try and make it happen? I personally feel sorry for the poor saps that think this is the time for disclosure, we are just not there yet.

There will be no welcome from any greater Galactic Federation, no we are not yet living to even a minute fragment of our evolutionary potential.

Sad but true.

Many cameras and video will be looking at the stars that night, and who knows what will be seen when that happens,

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
i haven't researched "Blossom Goodchild" hardly at all, except for what i've seen on her website and here on ATS. when i first heard about this whole GFL event mentioned by "Blossom Goodchild", i thought the name was fictional! like maybe it's just some random name that symbolized the event. i was actually surprised when i found out that it was a real person, and not some occult group. is that really her name?! anyone have any dirt on this lady?

you know how your instincts and hunches are usually correct? well, something just doesn't sit right with me about her...

i hope i'm wrong..

[edit on 10-10-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Wikipedia entry for "Blossom Goodchild"

why was wikipedia's entry for her deleted, restored, and then deleted again??

however I see no need for this article to be sustained following October 14th (which, I think most rationally minded individuals agree, will pass without incidence.) Her channeled 'prediction' that extra terrestrials will come to earth on the 14th is the source of her hype, and when it fails miserably, she will lose all interest and notability.

...from a very interesting page on Wiki

i'm pretty sure Ms. Goodchild realizes that if nothing happens on the 14th, then her life as she knows it will be over... or does she?

she's got some guts though for putting herself on the line like this. could this whole scenario be similar to the group of freemasons that wrote together under the pseudonym "William Shakespeare", headed by Illuminati founder Francis Bacon, to persuade society? all-the-while the real Shakespeare was just an ordinary pawn. could "Blossom Goodchild" be a team of disinfo agents?!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i'm sure many of you have heard of "Project Bluebeam"...

The Blue Beam Project will pretend to be the universal fulfillment of the prophecies of old, as major an event as that which occurred 2,000 years ago. In principle, it will make use of the skies as a movie screen (on the sodium layer at about 60 miles) as space-based laser-generating satellites project simultaneous images to the four corners of the planet in every language and dialect according to the region. It deals with the religious aspect of the new world order and is deception and seduction on a massive scale.

educate-yourself.org...

could this whole GFL event be the first stage of Project Bluebeam?? especially with the world's financial markets in turmoil...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Your premise hinges on the fact that an alien being would have anything close to our code of ethics or morality, which I doubt they would.

The problem with Humans is that very often imagine Aliens to be just like us and as a result, Aliens are oftened dismissed as fantasy as they "would have done X, Y, Z etc".

Bottom line is, they're Alien. Who knows what their ethics are, if they even have any.

Quite the contrary, they could swoop down and decide we have wasted our "gift of life" and recycle us all.

They might have the belief that sexual reproduction is disgusting among "intelligent" creatures, forever barring it on Earth, forcing us to clone ourselves as to maintain genetic purity.

They might think that the only way to ensure the successful development of intelligent life IS a policy of massive interference, rather than the opposite as seen in Star Trek and the Prime Directive.

Who knows!

As for this GFL malarky, why is it that this has generated such interest around the net?

Who is "Blossom Goodchild"? Why should we believe her?

What is the GFL? Where have they been up too now? Why show up now?

Why Alabama? I mean, why? Why? Why? Alabama? Why? Of all places, Alabama! Why?

Thats like turning up at a remote, never before seen Amazonian village and offering them a broadband and mobile phone bundle deal.....

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Why WHY WHY do all you people keep asking about Alabama? Do you know nothing of American history? Have you even looked anything up about the state of Alabama? It is by far the United States equivalent of a third world country. If you are unaware this state is still very much Pro-American, Pro-White, and Pro-Christian. This is the least advanced state culturally, socially, and economically with the neighboring state of Mississippi being a close second. The state of Alabama is still home to close-mindedness, bigotry, racism, hate, poverty, etc. I AM NOT saying that everyone in this state is this way but a significant portion of the population is. I know all of this for a fact because I live in a neighboring state and have to deal with this kind of thing on a regular basis.

If there was ever a place in this world that needs "enlightenment," believe me, this is the place. These are the people that would no question, shoot the spaceship first and ask questions later. They would...have to see this thing with their on eyes to believe this.

Lets not forget either that Huntsville, Al is home to a NASA space center. Not sure if the FoL is planning on using this as some sort of communication center. Also, Fyffe, AL is home to one of the largest and most well-documented UFO cases in history.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by edgecrusher2199]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

thank you very much for that much-needed perspective! you make an excellent point!

i've been wondering why an Australian is saying that this event will occur in Alabama of all places... it's either true, or it's a very clever, intricate, and deceptive scheme...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well if it is in Alabama and it is 2000 miles wide then hopefully us Georgians will get a glimpse of the action.
That is if it is not a fairy tale or mkultra or government or blah blah blah

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
what time is this "ship" supposed to appear again? i'm having a little trouble finding the "arrival" time...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join