It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama buys half-hour of network primetime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Obama buys half-hour of network primetime

Link

Barack Obama has purchased a half-hour of airtime on CBS, sources confirm.

The Obama campaign will air a half-hour primetime special on Wednesday, Oct. 29, at 8 p.m.

Sources say the Obama camp is also in talks with NBC and Fox. NBC is said to be very near a deal. With Fox, the matter is likely to remain uncertain as the time period could conflict with Game 6 of the World Series.

A CBS spokesperson declined comment. The buy will push comedy "The New Adventures of Old Christine" to 8:30 p.m. and pre-empt "Gary Unmarried." The buy is being placed by Washington-based ad firm GMMB.

Interesting, I wonder how this strategy is going to play? I wonder what the program will consist of, a town hall format perhaps?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think I have plans that night. Too bad. I'll have to miss him spread more lies about all the wonderful things he's going to do to save this country and indeed the whole world!

I wonder if he'll mention his unrepentent domestic terrorist buddy William Ayers? Or his affiliation with the scandal-ridden voter fraud agency extraordinaire ACORN? Or will he finally produce his birth certificate and prove to the American people that he is actually a US citizen? I didn't think so. Yes, I'll be busy that night.

What a waste of time and money. If I were planning to watch television that night I'd be bummed about missing "Gary Unmarried" or whatever its called.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Obama Cloward Piven

Obama+Cloward+Piven

[edit on 10/9/2008 by DarkStormCrow]

[edit on 10/9/2008 by DarkStormCrow]

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
For the love of God Seeker... give it a rest. Don't we have enough problems without this desperate BS? McCain has his own laundry list as long as his arm. Let's focus on the country for a minute shall we? In case you hadn't noticed, while the last Republican we put in office was playing war the country went into the crapper.

Enough of this mud-slinging, rumor-mongering, Karl Rove politics.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

It's nice to know that some of this is probably being paid for illegally since he won't come forward with whom has donated almost half of his campaign dollars.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Hmmmm....maybe instead of spending all this money to the network, maybe he should put some of it into the system to try to help it. That would show me that he was sincere in trying to help this country.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
DarkStormCrow, good post.
Starred.

Few words tell many tales....

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by round_eyed_dog

Cool. It should be interesting to see what he has to say. I think it's a very smart move. As the article says, candidates used to do this to address the nation.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Obama Cloward Piven

Well... It's really touching how much they try to hang on Obama. Nice waving of the Ayers flag again. One thing called my attention in particular -- how the radical left (and by guilt of association -- unproven one) are for illegal immigration.

You need to live under a rock to not know that the biggest champion of amnesty for illegals was non other thatn John McCain. So yeah, maybe he wanted to "orchestrate a crisis" of some sort.

OK, I get it -- McCain is a secret radical left supporter and that's why he voted wtih Bush to "orchestrate a crisis" in this country.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

You know, I don't agree with Sean Hannity but I watched his interview with Sarah Palin. I watched his "special" on Sunday night about Obama and his nefarious affiliations, and I watched his interview with McCain and Palin last evening.

Maybe i'm out of line but I feel a lot more confident when I give both sides their time.

I'll look forward to seeing Obama's half hour special, whatever it's about because it's more information for me to make an educated vote. I'm not sticking my head in the sand this season, no thank you, and I can't respect anyone who is "too good" to see for themselves what the other side thinks.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If it's a completly uscripted town hall with first come first served gets in to the meeting, and he talks straight and gives straight truthful answers the election is his by a landslide. Although as far as I can tell it's already a landslide.

electoral-vote.com...

new topics

top topics

join