It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we seeing a market revival? Or is it to little to late?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just wondering what everyone is thinking. Upon looking at the futures for today and the markets overseas overnight it seems as though we may, and i stress may, be seeing a small revival in the markets.

So my question is this. Do you guys think the changes made by world market over the last few days will be enough to keep the global economy afloat, and perhaps slowly bring us out of this with maybey just a recession

Or is it just a momentary fix like everything else and will we be seeing the freefall continue into a total Global collapse.

Futures report

Overseas Markets looking good

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I believe the short selling ban is gone starting today. That will throw a wrench into things.

Also, markets rarely go straight down, they trend down but have bounces.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Yes you are right the ban was lifted at midnight so short selling will be in play today. But seeing as im not exactly sure how much it can influence either good or bad, I wasnt sure how much of an impact it could have.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well the markets just opened and we seem to be seeing and nice little bounce, i know it's early but everyone seems to be calling for a decent sized bounce today, even with the addition of shortselling again.

Lets see if this is a new trend and hopefully things in the global economy will rebound nicely...would be nice to see some good news around here for once, instead of the usual doom and gloom we have been seeing for the last month or two.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I seriously dont know what to make of this any more, just 2 hours ago everything was in the green, i take a short break from classes and check the world markets and almost everything is in the red now.

I mean i have never really believed in the global crash and that we are going to be facing a global depression. But the more and more days go by it just seems that no matter what is done, the markets bounce and then there is a massive sell of right at the end and we are down again.

Are we really looking at a global depression, will we be seeing places like Canada, US, Russia, and UK facing country wide bankruptcies like Iceland is facing right now?

I just dont want to believe it myself as i thought safe gaurds have been put in place to prevent such a thing since the last great depression, but jesus just look at the markets...no matter what happens they continue to dive.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Look at the Forrest, not the trees(daily DJIA)

I listened to Gerald Celente last night (Trend Analysis) on C2C.
He's one of the few who predicted our current financal mess over a
year ago. This volatility your seeing now is nothing, only the tip of the iceberg.
He expects severe hyper-inflation soon. My guess in 3-6 months when the USD tanks.
.02c

new topics

top topics

join