It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Obama and Biden using coded language to describe McCain ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Notice how both Biden and Obama use the verb "lurch" in interviews right after the town hall debate, in which McCain walked the floor and obviously displayed a gait afflicted by his torture at he hands of the VietCong (see rest below)

Obama
Frankly, you know, Senator McCain ended up lurching from place to place on this issue,” he [Obama] said

abcnews.go.com...

Biden:
Biden said you cannot lead the nation when you “lurch so rapidly from one fundamental position to another.”

hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com...

I call this a low blow and possibly mockery of his sacrifice as a POW. I am offended.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Ok I said this same thing to the people who created a post about McCain calling Obama "That One". We have become way too oversensitive. Even if they said it because he lurches, so what? This is ridiculous. He is a big boy. He can handle it. We have so many issues in this country to be concerned about and whether some one calls someone "That one" or one insinuates in "coded language" that someone lurches really doesnt mean anything. I just want to vomit from all the whining. Mommmmyyyyy, Billy called me a name. Lets grow up around here. Now if he calls McCain a baby killer or a kkk member or something then I could see getting upset.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well if you really want to, you can claim that ANY verb used to describe something in motion, was "code language" used to mock Senator McCain. Like "flip-flop" (McCain's own favorite).

I don't buy this one, sorry.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

As a grandson of a vet, I was offended by it. It shows the level of respect they have for vets.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

Look, I have an injury that causes me to limp and be in extreme pain once in a while. I don't expect a lot of people to care and sure as hell I won't get offended that during a political argument, somebody would say that "I'm limping from one point to another". That's just silly.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
"You betcha !" The idea is to make McCain look like a bumbling old man too old for the job. But it won't fly because everyone knows why he can't raise his hands or walk straight. Seems it's hard to do after being beaten and tortured for five years in a prisoner of war camp.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
The idea is to make McCain look like a bumbling old man too old for the job.

No, the idea is to make McCain look like a bumbling old man who doesn't have solid ideas on which to found his presidency. I personally couldn't care less if he was handicapped just like FDR. It's his political stance that is appalling.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

That's why I am offended by it.
He was tortured by the Vietcong and now he's being made fun of it because of his war injuries. This is probably intended to coincide with ads saying that McCain is going to die in offcie if elected. It's sickening.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mabus325
This is probably intended to coincide with ads saying that McCain is going to die in offcie if elected. It's sickening.

Can you refer us to this ad?

In reality, according to actuarial tables, there is 25% chance that Senator McCain will pass on during his projected term in the office. For me personally, too much of a risk for this country, especially that we'll have to fall back on scarce skills of a hockey moose hunter mom.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

As a vet myself, I have to agree that finding a reason to create a cloud over this is silly. It seems more along the lines of not talking issues and rather looking for some personal area to use for crying foul.

We must not, IMO, allow side issues to become the focus, but rather we must firmly keep in mind the potential course of our nation under the leadership of one of these candidates.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I agree that we shouldn't let side issues cloud the real issues like the economy, Iraq and Al Queda. However, using the term lurch to describe McCain is very bad taste and we should pay attention to how the canidates act toward one another. He was tortured and that is the reason he walks the way he does, that should not be used to describe the way he handles himself politically. Stuff like that shows the character of the person making the comment. A canidates character should go hand in hand with his stance on the issues.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

The idea is to make McCain look like a bumbling old man too old for the job.

No, the idea is to make McCain look like a bumbling old man who doesn't have solid ideas on which to found his presidency. I personally couldn't care less if he was handicapped just like FDR. It's his political stance that is appalling.

Could you give me some appalling McCain stances that are not Obama talking points but are from your thoughts? I'd like to know..

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Could you give me some appalling McCain stances that are not Obama talking points but are from your thoughts? I'd like to know..

I will (and partially did) in threads that were specifically created to discuss candidates' views.

For one, that McCain doesn't want to sit down with officials from Spain speaks volumes. That's just sheer lunacy, for gossake. But like I said, let's keep it in other threads.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I will (and partially did) in threads that were specifically created to discuss candidates' views.

For one, that McCain doesn't want to sit down with officials from Spain speaks volumes. That's just sheer lunacy, for gossake. But like I said, let's keep it in other threads.

And Obama wants to sit down with the president of Iran without preconditions which is beyond lunacy. Which do you think is worse?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
And Obama wants to sit down with the president of Iran without preconditions which is beyond lunacy. Which do you think is worse?

The first. Spain is a NATO member and better relations with it help the US. In case of a meeting, the worst that Iranians can do is nothing - and that would cement the support for further action among the US allies. But that dummy McCain doesn't get it.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

The first. Spain is a NATO member and better relations with it help the US. In case of a meeting, the worst that Iranians can do is nothing - and that would cement the support for further action among the US allies. But that dummy McCain doesn't get it.

Yea the Iranians can't do anything and the clouds are really made of fluffy marshmellows. Given the chance the Iranians would develop nuclear weapons and their first move would be to follow up on their threat to bomb Isreal. Their second move would be to bomb the US. But that dummy Obama doesn't get that now does he? Obama wants to play nice and sit down and have tea and cookies with them. If these are the two we have to choose from then I'm for the one who will ignore an ally and get tough on a very dangerous man. Rather then one who wants to play nice with everyone despite their past................geez that sounds just like what he did with Ayers doesn't it?

Obama doctrine- I don't care if you are a terroist or made comments that can make you seem like a terroist, I will meet with you as long as you promise to play nice.

new topics

top topics

join