It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cheney withdrawing US from geneva convention little by little, bill of rights next

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
RIchard CHeney is not stopping until none of us have any rights left. Using 9/11 he's slowly destroying America and everything we've ever stood for.

Using legal definitions from his lawyers like enemy or unlawful combatants to escape geneva convention commitments. he is denying human beings basic unalienable rights while lying to the world saying they are being treated humanely.

www.cfr.org...

William J. Haynes II, General Counsel of the Department of Defense:

All of the detainees are unlawful combatants and thus do not as a matter of law receive the protections of the Third Geneva Convention. However, the United States armed forces are treating, and will continue to treat, all enemy combatants humanely and, to the extent appropriate and consistent with military necessity, in a manner consistent with the principles of the Third Geneva Convention of 1949. Among many other things, this means that they receive: three meals a day that meet Muslim dietary laws; medical care; clothing and shoes; shelter; showers; soap and toilet articles; the opportunity to worship; the means to send mail and receive mail..."

LIES!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by skrowcam

LIES cont.

rawstory.com...

"At least one Navy officer was concerned that a detainee was being slowly driven insane by the policies..."

"The detainees apparently were not allowed to speak to family members or lawyers for years, and the e-mails suggest that Guantanamo standard operating procedures were being employed in the domestic brigs..."

www.reuters.com...

"Although the U.S. military no longer considers the Uighurs "enemy combatants," they have remained at Guantanamo because the United States has been unable to find a country willing to take them."

Thanks dick, you make America proud!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Dick needs a good shanking!
He is the most putrid of inhumanity!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Dick needs a good shanking!
He is the most putrid of inhumanity!

while i'm in no way advocating a "shanking" of Cheney. I would very much like to see him and his legal staff sit in "dog kennel" like pens for 7+ years assuming various stress positions, having nude interrogations with dogs, restricted access to meals and hygene, fake menstral blood wiped on their faces, etc...

how do you think enemies are going to treat our troops when they get captured. Cheney and his goons have endangered our guys and gals in the field while tarnishing Americas reputation to the point that it may never recover. All for a few lousy oil contracts for his buddies and his belief that the presidency should be a dictatorship.

if it wasn't for the better late than never 'nads of the ACLU and EFF, i believe certain members of sites like this would be in domestic "gitmos"

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have seen how the enemy treats captured soldiers and third country nationals. It is much worse than having fake blood wiped on their faces, stress positions and being naked. For example Pakistani truck drivers having their testicles cut off and holes drilled into arms, legs and chest while they are still alive. Being burnt all over their bodies with propane torches and being lit of fire. Being forced to say on camera that they love Al Qaeda and that they have “seen that it is the right thing to do” before being executed. My friend’s brother having two of his soldiers ambushed at a check point, kidnapped and executed at a power plant outside of Baghdad. All they were doing is checking for bombs and weapons in cars before entering a neighborhood. They were trying to keep the citizens of Iraq safe. Eighteen year old Americans doing thing they think is right and just. Trying to stay alive and defend the life of the American on their right or left. Young soldiers follow orders. Those orders are not to kill innocent women or children but it stop extremists, and get information from people that before they were captured were more than willing to die in the name of Allah to get a chance to kill Americans and ANYONE willing to aid them. I do not believe that everything the military does is right; politics can screw up a lot of good intentions. If they did not try to kill Americans they would not be there. If your neighbor tried to kill you and your family I am sure you would want some type of justice. No matter how uncomfortable they were.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by smoke screen]

new topics

top topics

join