It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My Fellow Prisoners," McCain Calls Americans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by jsobecky

Is that you on the avatar? You are pretty.

No, sweetie, it's my mind's picture of what you look like.

reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by dgtempe

Well she told me before he was a man, so that must be her wife!

You would be wrong; she is not my wife.

I think Becky is not a first name...

You would be wrong. Becky *is* a first name. But it is not *my* first name....

I write down factoids about ATS members in my Little Black ATS Book just for instances like this! I am probably wrong though.

You need a hobby.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Given his age and his rigorous schedule, I can totally understand the mistake.

Don't you think that 4 years of being President would be a little hard on the man then? Talk about a rigorous schedule. Hope he can remember the nuclear launching codes on a day-to-day basis.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
I would like to see this more in context than just that little blurb. People misspeak all the time, especially if their mind is one place and their mouth another. NLP is a possibility, there are lots of possibilities. I reserve judgment for when I read/listen to a complete text of this section.

Sorry but I am going to pull your BS card right now!! No one would "misspeak" until Bush got in office and butchered the English language, this is not a simple case of "misspoken" words. This was in reference to those that he was speaking to and even in that "little blurb" it was quite apparent. Am I the only one who noticed the crowd go silent immediately after he said it??

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Well they would have to put the codes on a teleprompter if his opponent gets elected..

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by Griff

Well they would have to put the codes on a teleprompter if his opponent gets elected..

I was not trying to play the political games because I'm no Obama fan either. So, no need to even go there.

I was just pointing out the obvious.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Thanks for the insult.

That is so not expected of you

fyi the 'little black book' was a reference to the thinking box behind my vision balls.

Sorry I got the info wrong. I just thought I remembered you telling me Becky was not your first name and you were not a women. I assumed she was your wife based on that.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Sorry if you took it as an insult. None was intended, believe me. I should've used a smiley, I guess. It was meant as humor.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Lucid,

Jsobeky is my Off and On friend, depends on HIS mood,
and he did tell me he wears blue booties! He's a boy!

I was just kidding about him being a woman.

Anyhow, back on track, yes, my fellow prisoners, wow, wow wee is all i can say!!!! Reminds me of Planet of the Apes or something very strange.
:shk:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
No mis-speak.
Its called a Freudian slip.
He may not have intended to say this, but he meant it.
Honesty from the unconscious mind.

Why do you people make excuses for him.
Likely you have made exuses for a lot of things.
This is big time denial on your part.
This makes you part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't quite understand people covering for him. I don't really believe it was a "slip" either.
I've listened to too many politicians talk on both sides of the border, and his "slips" don't happen.
Also, my opinion is that he's letting the cat slowly out of the bag that the democracy isn't really democratic. All the strange rash of police brutality, including tasering that 16 year old with the broken back, seems to be a way of shoving reality in our faces , in a kind semi-transparent way, a step up from merely being fascism in secret. Now its bleeding through and being slightly more obvious for those who catch it.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle

Originally posted by Enigma Publius
thisfrom the member who said it was post traumatic stress that caused the slip. at least go back and edit your post to say something different if you're gonna change your stance. geesh.

Where did Reddupo say that, again?

I just went through the entire thread and can't find it. Maybe it's what you assumed, since you seem to be taking exception with everyone..

As for what was said, politicians make mistakes all the time. Why is there such attention to this? It's as if some people think it's weird that a politician can make a mistake. Anyone who trusts a politician is trusting someone untrustworthy.

But it is interesting - or saddening rather - to see the usual slave/prisoner 'oh woe is me, I'm in chains' posts... anywhere a finger can poke holes in the air, there they are...

Must be nice being a slave, having their morning coffee, eating their cornflakes and driving off to work - You know, like real slaves do.

how's about getting home from your 1st job at 11 at night, sleeping until 4 in the morning and rushing to the 2nd job? so my life isn''t anywhere near as grand as you assume, and i bet i have it easy compared to some. as for me going against everyone...all i do is call it like i see it, just becaause someone generally has the same idea as me doesn't make everything across the whole board the same, and i "take issue" only when i strongly disagree, or see something that could influence people to a bad way of thinking. like red, posting the definition for PTSD, can you tell me any other way that could have been interpreted? i'll gladly hear out anything intelligent you can offer on that one, but it seems very open and shut, red WAS giving the impression that it was PTSD in red's opinion, if he was negating the idea, i'm pretty sure he would have linked the def to PTSD, then put SOMETHING under that saying how it just didn't pan out. oh well, you must be busy thinking of ways to get people off subject, i'll let you get back to that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join