It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My Fellow Prisoners," McCain Calls Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

"My Fellow Prisoners," McCain Calls Americans

www.huffingtonpost.com

"Across this country this is the agenda I have set before my fellow prisoners," he declared. In the prepared remarks he was supposed to say "fellow citizens."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
nz.youtube.com

====
Mod Edit: Title fixed to reflect original article
Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Found this video of McCain calling his rallied supporters prisoners.
This is a bit shocking, could he have been confused with one of his POW speeches? Doesn't seem likely considering the content of the speech. Or perhaps there's a hidden meaning? Maybe a way of (NLP) Neuro linguistic programming us for what is to come or already is? Any thoughts?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

====
Mod Edit: Title fixed to reflect original article

[edit on 8/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I would like to see this more in context than just that little blurb. People misspeak all the time, especially if their mind is one place and their mouth another. NLP is a possibility, there are lots of possibilities. I reserve judgment for when I read/listen to a complete text of this section.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That is funny! What's even funnier is that no one behind him in the crowd, not Sarah or his daughter, seemed to notice! Aren't they listening to him? Sarah even nodded her head in agreement after his statement.

That's funny! Just a slip of the tongue, I'm sure.

Prisoners - Citizens - both have 3 syllables, short I in the first syllable, followed by a Z sound.

But it is interesting that HE didn't even notice... Is he listening to himself?

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Looks like he slipped up and allowed a bit of truth to fly out of his mouth.

John Mccain knows what is happening, he isnt fooling anyone. He just let the cat out of the bag.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rubberducky

Originally posted by rubberducky
This is a bit shocking, could he have been confused with one of his POW speeches?

I think that you are onto what really happened. A mis-speak, nothing more. Sometimes a future remark sneaks it's way into a present statament; he might have been thinking of a part of his speech that would have related to his POW days.

Believe me, it's not hard to mix up words. I've done tons of public speaking, and if you have to do it over and over day after day it is very easy to mis-speak. Given his age and his rigorous schedule, I can totally understand the mistake.

Everyone picked up on it; it's obvious from the looks on their faces.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Classic PTSD.

He is under pressure and his mind simply geared back to his POW days.

PTSD will call up the reponse from the shock of the event when the sufferer is under pressure.

My hat off to McCain.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
That sent chills up my spine.

Given what I suspect to be the 'truth' (granted these are my beliefs) THAT scared me.

And by the way, how do you think a foreign delegation would perceive a 'slip' like that. Laugh it off?

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by rubberducky

Originally posted by rubberducky
This is a bit shocking, could he have been confused with one of his POW speeches?

I think that you are onto what really happened. A mis-speak, nothing more. Sometimes a future remark sneaks it's way into a present statament; he might have been thinking of a part of his speech that would have related to his POW days.

Believe me, it's not hard to mix up words. I've done tons of public speaking, and if you have to do it over and over day after day it is very easy to mis-speak. Given his age and his rigorous schedule, I can totally understand the mistake.

Everyone picked up on it; it's obvious from the looks on their faces.

given his age you can understand? if he is going to be the next president, then his age had better not be having an effect on his mind and ability to think clearly or say the right words!!!! that would be scary to have a president who bumbles because he is to old to keep things straight!now i think this was an honest mistake and nothing should be read into it besides it just being a mistake, but saying it happened as a result of his age has scary implacations.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Classic PTSD.

He is under pressure and his mind simply geared back to his POW days.

PTSD will call up the reponse from the shock of the event when the sufferer is under pressure.

My hat off to McCain.

your hat off to mccain fo r making a mistake due to the shock he suffered years ago? what kind of sense does that make? maybe you can clarify. if the pressure of an election is causing him to flashback and make mistakes, what will the pressure of actually running the country do to him? and if he is making mistakes by gearing back to that time, how will he handle major decisions on foreign policy if he is flashing back to that? will he bomb the hell out of a country because he thinks they are trying to hold him prisioner? i just don't see any logic to what you have said, i challenge you to supply some form of credibility to him deserving any applause or hats off due to a mistake he made because of pressure. ??????

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

lol, that's how you respond to me? by linking a definition of post traumatic srtess syndrome? how old are you? are you trilling, because it's hard to believe you are serious. once again, can someone tell me how this helps anyone have confidence in him as a leader? if what you asay is correct then he has deep issues and needs therapy. i would prefer my president making decisions in a rational, logical way, not making decisions because he has mental problems over-lapping into his performance!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Am i to understand that the potential President of the United States is to serve in office while suffering PTSD? Shouldn't that be like a 'disqualifying' factor? That "disorder" is not a laughing matter and can have far-reaching effects on behavior and express itself in anti-social behavior! Such a diagnosis certainly would be pertinent to explore fully, since it may be even further exacerbated by advanced decrepitude....

Sorry, I shouldn't even go there...

By the way - I'm NOT an OBAMA supporter

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Oh yeah, it is very easy to mis-speak, especially if you're of his age!

I'd say to him: Ol' man.. you've done a good job in your career, but now please do yourself and the US (and the whole world even) a favor - get retired, go home and let some younger and fresher mind do the presidential job!

Kay

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

Yes my hat off to all Nato, Brit, Canadian and US soldiers regradless of age, gender, sexual orientation,place in society or skin tone.

I honor those people.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Perhaps it is just a means to keep the attention on the bickering of the American election process. With the war and economic bs that is occurring, is there a possibility that our politicians 'intentionally' guffaw like this so as keep people talking about the inanities of life and not consider the major problems for themselves?

Consider the famous Dan Quayle remark...consider Clinton and his +year long divergence with 'domestic relations' (when corporate armies were being deployed into Columbia on Congress/our dollar)...consider all of the Bushisms.

I think our leaders are intentionally making bumbling public relations steps for the sole purpose of distancing the population from the real issues.

The remark is interesting, but do we (especially here at ATS) really give a rats anything about it? His handlers should be more interesting news...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
reply to post by Enigma Publius

Yes my hat off to all Nato, Brit, Canadian and US soldiers regradless of age, gender, sexual orientation,place in society or skin tone.

I honor those people.

do you work for fox news? because this is the type of dirty trick of propagenda i have come to expect from them, but i don't see people actually try it when speaking directly to me very much. see what the poster has done here people? by implying that they take their hat off to all those who have served, in the manner done here, the poster is implying that i do not. this is irresponsible, and non-conducive to a learning enviroment. you said you tip your hat in a direct way that can be linked to this mistake, and THAT is what is being questioned here, not a respect for him because he served, a respect for him because of a mistake he made from serving...there is a HUGE difference as you well know. Boo on you for muddying the waters on an intelligent discussion.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

It had nothing to do with PTSD. It has to do with being a human being and making a mis-speak.

How many of you out there have done public speaking? Now, for those one in a thousand, how many times have you done it on a campaign schedule? Zero. Not a one of you.

That is why Obama stutters and stammers so much; he is on the verge of burnout also.

Originally posted by BlackOps719

This is probably the first HONEST statement the old scum bag has managed to spit out since the entire campaign began

And he didnt mean to say it.

You know what is more disgusting than you calling a man who has served his country so long and so well an "old scum bag"? The fact that there are people here who starred you for it. That and the fact that the mods are allowing garbage like that to live.

I thought "The Madness Ends Today". Apparently that means only for anti-Obama comments.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
US citizens are prisoners

This could have been a freudian slip from McCain

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join