It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Door To Door Atheist !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is one of the funniest things Ive seen in a while.

After encountering several overtly religious people trying to convert him on his own doorstep,this atheist decides to get his own back:
fr.youtube.com...

I think it is obvious by this clip that many religious extremists out there do not regard tolerance as a two way street.
Cheer Karl

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
what's the good news they preach?

That after death your ass will turn into darkness and never smile again and turn into nothingness? Damn that's really good news.

Atheist could do this but just like when Christians do it, all you got to say is

" Im not interested "

badda bang badda boom.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

what's the good news they preach?

That after death your ass will turn into darkness and never smile again and turn into nothingness? Damn that's really good news.

It sure is-it may make people appreciate the life they have here and now (and live it to the full) instead of waiting,prevaricating and pontificating over some imagined and promised better one.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
preaching doesnt equal intolerance.

i think its good that he shares his beliefs with others.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I love it! I think he makes a VERY important statement. Listen! It doesn't matter what kind of "news" a person is "sharing", it's TERRIBLY rude and offensive to go to someone's house (at any time) and force your beliefs on them!

The guy with the rake was hilarious. Gave e a good idea. (j/k)

Great video!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH Thanks for the reply.
I suppose he´s got just as much right to voice his opinion as others.....but I agree it is terribly rude,audacious and presumptive to preach your own opinions to others actualy on their own doorsteps.
(I did chuckle at the guy with the rake though!)
Cheers Karl

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

Can I have your children???

Seriously you are far and away the most tolerant and loving Christian I have met to date

PS...missed ya...ben a long time since we talked

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
it's TERRIBLY rude and offensive to go to someone's house (at any time) and force your beliefs on them!

there is nothing rude or offensive about it. its people preaching their beliefs, pure and simple.

you dont even have to open the door, you dont want to listen then just ignore them. there is nothing forceful about it.

on halloween, children knock on my door all the time. now i personally choose not to celebrate it, but it would be unreasonable for me to say that those children are "forcing" their festival on me.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero

Originally posted by miriam0566

Can I have your children???

Seriously you are far and away the most tolerant and loving Christian I have met to date

PS...missed ya...ben a long time since we talked

-Kyo

ive been quite sick

im sorry, i promise ill be on more

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
This is one of the funniest things Ive seen in a while.

After encountering several overtly religious people trying to convert him on his own doorstep,this atheist decides to get his own back:
fr.youtube.com...

I think it is obvious by this clip that many religious extremists out there do not regard tolerance as a two way street.
Cheer Karl

I'd invite him in for pizza!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I'd invite him in for pizza!

Do you have Spam on your pizza?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Never seen this guy before. He is good. The intro, laced with 80's band references, added a nice touch to the whole thing. I am still laughing. Thank you as this was done in good taste and again, was spot on.

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by karl 12

Never seen this guy before. He is good. The intro, laced with 80's band references, added a nice touch to the whole thing. I am still laughing. Thank you as this was done in good taste and again, was spot on.
ColoradoJens

CJ Thanks for the reply,he is quite a funny chap and although it is meant to be satirical,it´s all done in good taste-I´m still chuckling about him getting attacked by a broom.
I also liked that he gave homage to Yazz and the plastic population whilst drinking his Kalua and milk!
Cheers Karl

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Yes; has it ever occured to a Mormon missionary pounding at my door that I may have been dancing to YAZ at 4:30 AM completely obliterated and that just hours before they started bothering me I finally collapsed, taco bell smeared on my shirt and face? I expect that the only thing that may wake me is the need to urinate or simply moan. Not a guy peddling beliefs - I'll deal with those when I choose. Also, his use of the "dear God" song? lyrics at the end, without hesitation, are hilarious. Thanks again as I think this needs to be seen by more.

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by karl 12

Yes; has it ever occured to a Mormon missionary pounding at my door that I may have been dancing to YAZ at 4:30 AM completely obliterated and that just hours before they started bothering me I finally collapsed, taco bell smeared on my shirt and face? I expect that the only thing that may wake me is the need to urinate or simply moan. Not a guy peddling beliefs - I'll deal with those when I choose. Also, his use of the "dear God" song? lyrics at the end, without hesitation, are hilarious. Thanks again as I think this needs to be seen by more.

ColoradoJens

Ha Great quote!
I too think this film should be mandatory viewing for all people who are acolytes of organised religious institutions-perhaps it will help instill some much needed tolerance in their more indoctrinated,conditioned,radical,extremist members...or at least afford them an informed and balanced view of society.
Next time I get doorknocked by a 'true beleiver' out on mormon safari I'm going to invite them in and make them watch this.
Cheers Karl

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

perhaps it will help instill some much needed tolerance in their more indoctrinated,conditioned,radical,extremist members...or at least afford them an informed and balanced view of society.

lol, they are knocking on your doors, its not that big of a deal.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Ha ha ~it is apparently quite a big deal when the chap in the film knocks on the mormon's doors and attempts to tell them of HIS opinions though
-talk about double standards.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Ha ha ~it is apparently quite a big deal when the chap in the film knocks on the mormon's doors and attempts to tell them of HIS opinions though
-talk about double standards.

absolutely no argument there. absolutely a double standard. in fact i found some of the reactions quite funny.

but lets not forget what we are talking about. we talking about people going door to door.

its not religious intolerance, its not radical nor extreme. its not a crusade either. just people knocking on doors.

top topics

join