It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain steady at the tiller?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
After last nights debate, I noticed that McCain used the reference " steady at the tiller " on more then one occasion.

In regards to the bailout, one day hes saying

Monday: Speaking at a rally in Jacksonville, McCain declares that "the fundamentals of our economy are strong."

Tuesday: McCain explains that he meant to say American workers are fundamentally sound, and the economy itself is in "crisis." But, he adds, this crisis does not warrant bailing out insurance giant American International Group, which should be allowed to fail..

There is nothing steady in regards to his comments that are one day following the other.

In regards to diplomacy, and his ability to communicate in a constructive manner, it appears he needs to go back to manners 101. See the below video.

Steady at the tiller on Iraq ? McCains own words used against him by Meet the press.

He likes to use general Petraeus as a reference when he speaks, yet he misquotes and even misleads. J Lieberman has to remind him of what to say in one of these press announcements

If you actually watch the videos, and let history tell its story in regards to McCain; steady at the tiller is not the first thing that comes to mind.

Peace

[edit on 8-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think his actual phrase in the debate, repeated at least twice, was "a cool hand at the tiller".

Which was interesting, because the first time, I could swear I heard him say "a cruel hand at the tiller".

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
McCain can say anything he wants. He's toast!! When people find out
what has happened to their retirement funds, like I just did today, Mr. Deregulator probably couldn't get elected dogcatcher.

I have been a Goldwater Republican for 25 yrs. and I would rather vote for a yellow dog than another Republican; both locally or nationally.
I have lost 1/2 of my retirement due to the last 8 years of deregulation, greed and corruption of this last administration, that McCain was a member of. Notice how he doesn't trumpet his Bush affiliations.

Maverick My ***, he voted with the neocons 99% of the time.

I wouldn't let McCain be at the tiller of my canoe. "Steady at the Tiller"
my ***!!!

[edit on 8-10-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think "Steady hand on the tiller" is a new slogan, McCain said it at least three times last night during the debate. I don't know what it means exactly but isn't he old and shaky? No matter though in my opinion he lost the election last week and unless Ole Dick and Company pull another 911 on us President Obama it will be.

This is NOT an endorsement of Obama, I personally cant stand any of them and think we should throw out around 544 people from D. C. if we want our country back.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
I think his actual phrase in the debate, repeated at least twice, was "a cool hand at the tiller".

Which was interesting, because the first time, I could swear I heard him say "a cruel hand at the tiller".

Yikes, Im not sure the latter was anything I wanted to hear.

But in taking a look, I did find this in the LA times:

He said the nation needs "a cool hand at the tiller" and, later, "a steady hand at the tiller."

www.latimes.com...

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
that first video, with the bleeped out words is not a good example. if you listen towards the end, the folks who added the bleeps screwed up and you can hear him NOT say the f bomb during two lame bleeps. the rest of the video is, thus, suspect.

find one without the bleeps and shoot me a link, otherwise, I'm calling BLEEP.

that said, his behavior in that video was not exactly polite. dude was rude, cutting her off at times and walking out on her was downright inappropriate.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GrndLkNatv

What? How moronic. Yea, what we need is the guy that can whip the crap out of everyone else. That way we get President Mongol the Warrio. Brilliant. Absoultely Brilliant. And they say Obama supporters are blind. Holy crap.

Listen, google Red McDaniels. You want a REAL American hero? Read Red's story and what he did while a POW in 'nam. McCain served. McCain was a POW. I thank him for his service. But that in NO way qualifies him to run the country. And that first video, my friend, was McCain trashing an organization that was trying to help families of MIA's. McCain also 'reached across the aisle' to John Kerry to prosecute organizations attempting to resolve MIA issues.

Sheesh. Truth hurts.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
find one without the bleeps and shoot me a link, otherwise, I'm calling BLEEP.

Smear and editing is an absolute possibility.

I have replaced the original video in the OP above, with a CNN video in regards to this matter where they have done their own bleeping.

For clarification, the OP top video has been replaced with a better example, and for those that wonder what Crakeur is speaking of, I have maintained the OP video here.

As iron sharpens iron, so does one man sharpen another.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

a far more reliable video. I'm guessing that, since they didn't use the original clip you had in their report, the original clip is a haox.

good of you to change it.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
“MY FRIENDS” McCain is anything but cool or steady in those videos.
Bushes third term=McCain
It’s time for a change.

Peace

top topics

join