It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets put our money where our mouth is - Excuse the pun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Righto, what are we going to do about this whole economic mess? We're all really scared and we're all talking about it, but what are we going to do about it?

There's a lot of talk about running for the hills and taking a packed lunch, but what is that going to do in the long run.

There's talk about boycotting the banks and not using their money, but are we seriously going to do that?

What are we going to do that's not going to get people killed, starving and destroyed.

Ron Paul makes a lot of sense, but he has no solution.

What are some real solutions, instead of economic ones that obviously are not working.

I'm no economist but i had few thoughts that i wanted to chuck into the mix.

1. What we all started fresh and everyone in the world got lets say $5000 of monopoly money and we went from there?

2. Half of the problem seems like it's a globalisation issue. What if each country cut off economic ties and work out their own problems first?

3. What if we had a worldwide papers, scissors rock contest to see who got what. A person from Africa could beat a Wall Street banker and win their apartment. Surely that would even things out.

I'm not trying to be flippant, i'm just trying to get back to basics so we can get back to some form of equal normality.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I got 2 words for this conversation and they are...

The Venus Project

Ok its 3 so shoot me.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
North Korea has been trying idea No. 2 now for some time... that doesn't seem to do them any good.

Idea No. 1, well all money really is Monopoly money.

Multinationals own the means of production:

It's called China.

Cutting off all ties with everyone else would mean everything would become outrageously expensive or simply cease to exist.

As for idea No. 3, rock paper scissors, I do believe they've termed that idea "war".

It's been tried in the past, with varying degrees of success...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Yeah, i've read about them. But what's their first step, or their solution to getting past this first economic problem?

top topics

join