It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's put a bann on over the top end of the world scenarios

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
scenarios like
the economy will crash
then martial law
then the nukes come flying.

and planetx ........need i say more

a story is good.
But people claiming to be prophets...common folks

Then 5 guys post "omg i know its true"...then the thread goes on and on for 3 week's..everyone get's built up..yes the end of the world is near LOL

and it all ends up to be bs
and scares me to no end cause ATS user swore to "deny ignorance: is so gullible.

some alien put a video on youtube saying the 14th we all gonna die.

and people are posting and going OMG it's going to happen this time i know it.
Aliens use youtube now OMG...
that's a conspiracy right there .

i hope everyone gets my notion here.

just that end of the world crap don't do anyone anygood unless you like putting fear in people for laughs

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It would be contradictory to the message and purpose of ATS if we were to ban "over the top" end-of-world threads. You are not required to post on the threads you disapprove of. There are many others who find them interesting or amusing, and the threads ought to remain for their use.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well that would just about shut down ATS then wouldnt it lol ..
(sorry about the one liner ...but hey this makes it a two liner now doesnt it lol)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I agree that many of these threads are fear mongering. Bill Deagle is a good example. Yes we are having financial problems, maybe even a meltdown, but where are the nukes he promised?
I slept soundly today, in prepration for work. If there was even a tremor, I didn't feel it.
But sometimes a grain of truth, a new idea, a new approach may come out of these threads. And it goes against everything ATS stands for to ban a thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Deny ignorance

the logo does not say

all gullible unite

that's the point.

end of the world thread's need to be snuffed.
there only intent is to mock fun at people scared of there own shadows.

and in turn helps the posters friends sell there books.

its not a conspiracy.
it's nothing but fear based dribble.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
But people claiming to be prophets...common folks

Then 5 guys post "omg i know its true"...then the thread goes on and on for 3 week's..everyone get's built up..yes the end of the world is near LOL

OMG!! The bible says that in the end times there will be false prophets.
We have false prohpets everywhere here.
We are entering our final days folks!!!!Trust me. I know it is true!

[edit on 7/10/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
i see a syndrome called
post ats user syndrome

from all the fear the world is going to end on here.

honestly have you ever thought about the poor fool that made the planetx crap up.
he sit's and wait in fear for all his days waiting for a end that wont come.
at least not by his planetx

in a way the end of the world scenarios is dangerous to fragile minds.

surely you can see my point as to why its dangerous and it undermines ats logo deny ignorance.

in fact the subject 'End world' just breeds ignorance.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
So, you want end of the world threads banned?

Why stop there?

Let's go ahead using your reasoning and start banning certain books, music and magazines. Oh, let's not forget to ban all news programs.

What about free speech? We'll have to ban that too. Wouldn't want to upset anyone with our thoughts or theories.

ATS is a conspiracy site. This is what we do. We discuss conspiracies among other things.

If a person is easily frightened they don't need to be here. They need to never read a newspaper or watch television or listen to a radio. They certainly don't need to interact with people that might say something to upset them or cause them to think.

If you can't handle the heat then get out of the frying pan. Personally I like it hot.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

GREAT OP ..

GREAT THREAD TOPIC

Ah .. I love the sound of a sane person

A brave one, moreover

Starred every post you've written so far

GREAT !

Thank you !

I thank your parents for bestowing such great genes upon you : )

Nice to know you're out there somewhere

Keep spreading sanity, please

You never know, it might catch on

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Yes this needs to happen, minimum number of ATS Points before you can start a topic. I think though the message is getting through to people that the "End of the World" has been screamed for 10 thousand years by Religious leaders to control the flock at various points in history.

This syndrome of wanting the world to end or to predict the end of the world is at epidemic proportions to say the least and methods to limit the complete and utter crap or duplicates would certainly cut down my sifting time through all the threads.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
i see a syndrome called
post ats user syndrome

I see a syndrome called "Paranoia"

You know what I got to say about banning threads?

s534.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

you know tarot??? lol

yep.. the hole "end-of-the-world-talking" is crap...

but i read many, and there are signs.. signs of a big movement which is going on.
but who i am? nobody who knows something..

End of the World?
I dont care about..
cause we will die all..
one time, or the other...

cool thread

Nia Wind

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
If it bothers you that much... simply just don't click the thread... it's a DISCUSSION board, you may not like what's on it, but that's not for you to decide. Either that or just report posts you think should be deleted and leave it up to the mods..

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
We don't need to ban anything. We just need more people to learn to look at the current topics under the appropriate section before posting new threads.

That said, it does get pretty ridiculous. There were 10 concurrent active threads for the LHC, Maybe half that or more for Oct 7. There should only really be three threads for these kinds of topics; one for general conspiracies, one for skunk works, and one for the science and technology forum. One in fragile earth might be OK, where appropriate.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Ohhhhhhh someone's afraid.

Don't be a fraid of the end of the world. Embrace it.

Love it.

=)

Or run and hide, like I will.

It's a freaking half conspiracy all over this form, you get what you get.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
end of the world scenario's is NOT a conspiracy.

it's fear mongering to sell other people's book's or video.

as stated before this is ATS "Deny ignorance".

If we are to deny ignorance we must nip the ignorance in the bud so to speak.
and these story's are a key to the underlying ignorance.

on a forum you can choose not to open post.
I understand that.
But these same folk's posting on about these end of the world story's.
Are also in a way help to sell the Prophets & so called & scientist & doctors ect..that make these story's up book's and video's.

And thus ATS mainly it's user's are suppose to "Deny ignorance" but is now helping to spread lie's and to scare people into buying "said" book's and video.
In a way ...i do not see why that's hard to understand.

At the very least when said date is over and the world is still standing.......
SLAP A HOAX LABEL ON THE POST!!!!!
so everyone knows.
and can laugh at it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Ah dammit, I was just going to post a thread about our doom on October the 21st. Oh well I guess you don't wanna know.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Ah dammit, I was just going to post a thread about our doom on October the 21st. Oh well I guess you don't wanna know.

Well if a mod slap's a HOAX label on the thread come 12:01am when the world is still standing to show your intent was to spread fear.

that's my point a HOAX is a HOAX.

and need's labels
lets say a user has 50 post's and 45 have been slapped with a HOAX.
You know he is full of crap
and thus we have nipped ignorance in the bud."Deny Ignorance" would have started .

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

While I do agree with you that there are far too many fear mongers and false prophets predicting over the top scenarios of gloom and doom on ATS, I disagree with you as how it should be handled.

I say let them post, exposing not only their ignorance, but those who blindly follow their lead. It is through this process that so many more people will learn to recognize the idiots of the world. Sure it takes time, perhaps even a little embarrassing at times but isn’t it worth it? Look over the archived posts and see for yourself, how many people started out accepting the “BS rants” but then later learned to recognize “over the top garbage” and started questioning the bogus rag rats on their own. It is through exposure that we all learn, not through censorship, restrictions and exclusion.

There are plenty of members here on this site and in these posts, which do join in to debate the lunatics. With the moderators to maintain structure, let the gladiators of intellect fight the good fight. In the end, it is time that always tells us who was right and who was ignorant. To deny ignorance, we must first expose it, to censor it only makes it grow as ignorance grows best in the dark.

The only real word of caution I could inject here would be to remind those that do listen to the end of the world rants, to not do anything until confirmation is made. They can be cautious, perhaps even take a few safety measures but not do anything that might be a big negative when the end of the world doesn’t happen as some prophet-wanna-be predicted.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ban those threads. What a joke?!

I love to read the end of the world threads...its the salt and pepper of my day.

I am extremely amused at the claims!

Good fiction is a good stress release.

Long live the End Of The World guru's!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join