It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil down to $50? Where's Lindsey? NEW!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
www.bloggingstocks.com...

Didn't Lindsey Williams predict $50 oil then the dollar is dropped?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Pinktip]

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yes....In fact that is EXACTLY what he predicted.

He believes that $50 oil will crash the dollar because the Saudis will no longer be able to afford to purchase our debt.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

More expensive oil caused the Saudis much more headaches.. inflation ran rampant.. when you go from make this many zero's 000 to this many 0000000 ..
Even by Saudi's standards, the massive and sudden influx of US Dollars was catastrophic.. mm.. whats the saying.. to much of a good thing?

If any one where smart, they would stop buying US debts.. China should have advised them on that one (I am still awaiting a new stronger Chinese currency as they move to replace America as number one consumer).. Chinese Petrol Dollar?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It says in title: analyst speculation.

If US dollar worth less soon, I speculate cost of oil will be more.

Now two South American Countries have stopped using the U.S. dollar in bi-lateral trade. They are Argentina and Brazil. This is a huge symbolic gesture, and soon more countries in South America may start getting the same idea. The less a currency is used, the less value it has, and the less power it gives to those who own the paper money (debt).

This would be the Fed, which is owned by a handful of private banks. These are the big banks that feed the little banks. The big banks (many of them European) also control the US gov't, so they are taking YOUR money and giving it to the little banks (AIG).

That's how the scam works but some are too dumb to understand it. I am watching the Obama/McCain debate right now and McCain looks like a puppet on strings, reciting his lines. Obama looks like a magician, weaving colorful imagery, and fanciful lies. The entire thing is completely staged. The audience isn't even moving a centimeter.

End of transmission.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by freakyty]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
On the other hand, alternative energy could cause oil to plummet!

Imagine this: a major technological breakthrough. Suddenly all energy is FREE and limitless!

Oil prices would plummet and a lot of things would blow up (institutions, major cities)

I am a strong advocate of alternative energy

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by freakyty

safehaven.com...

Russian and a Gold backed currency.......

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've heard this mentioned by an economist over our national radio station (CBC) a while back. I believe the discussion was around the Alberta Tar Sands. The tar sands only make money when oil is above $50 bbl anything below 50 and they are no longer productive. Apparently the process to extract the oil from the sand is quite expensive.

If oil were to go to $50 bbl the tar sands could shut down, a lot of people would be out of a job, the Alberta economy would probably tank and the USA would have to find another place to get their oil. I understand that America gets 80 percent of their oil from Canada. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

As of this moment I believe oil is at $88 bbl.

new topics

top topics

join