It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran unveils plan for women's car

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Iran unveils plan for women's car

news.bbc.co.uk

Iran has announced plans for a new car designed specially for women.
Its features will include automatic transmission, parking and navigation aids and a jack for changing tyres without getting grease on your chador.
Iran's biggest car producer, Iran Khodro, says it will come in a range of feminine colours and interior designs.
Other features are proposed to make it easier for women when they are doing the family shopping or taking their children to school.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wow and all this time we thought it was nukes that they were working on , boy do I feel silly now .
Just think this could be a sign of things to come from a kinder gentler Iran .
Well I just hope that in these trying times you find this story to be as funny as I did . I just wonder what the women of Iran have been driving up until now ?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So what? Waht are those Misogynists saying now Huh?

Women can't handle a stick shift is that what they think!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

Or reverse properly

You gotta love those Iranians.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Does it include a brace to hold their head pointing forward toward the road to avoid those unwanted swerves when they get sidetracked talking to a passenger?

God I hope so

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Can you imagine the field of view through the front windscreen? A couple of inches at most.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
My little 99 Lb. woman will never give up her souped up pick up truck with a 5 speed manual gearbox. She does drive my little sport hatchback Honda but, only on occasion, it's souped a little and, manual as well. She wouldn't care to live there if she had to give up manual shift vehicles.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Do they have installed IST I heard.. Instant Stoning Technology, Anytime a womens head turns to look near a man or does not avert her eyes. It kicks ins. They replaced the airbags with it.

Couldnt help myself

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sounds like a plain old regular kind of car that us Americans drive

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The part about the men not cooking for their wives doesn't make me want to live there either . I am the cook in my house, my wife's cooking isn't great, and mine is. There were a lot of Iranians over here going to school in the 70s and for the most part they were pretty good people. Some of the men did have archaic ideas about gender roles though.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Reminds me of that list of ridiculous state laws still on the books that was floating around the internet a couple years ago. Some states/municipalities still have on the books (albeit currently unenforced) laws like "a man must walk 15 feet in front of a car being driven by a woman, waving a lantern or brightly colored flag and loudly announcing to all that the vehicle is being driven by a woman."

www.trafficticketsecrets.com...

Here's a version of what I'm talking about!

LOUISIANA Traffic Laws
New Orleans-
It illegal for a woman to drive a car unless her husband is waving a flag in front of it.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

No, it's not that they don't want them using a stick shift, it's that they don't want the women getting used to handling any kind of "Stick" at all untill they are sold off errr married off.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
A womens' car? unveiled in public?

stone the infidel!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
And the ignorant rascist biggots air what few braincells they do have and to think Iran or should I say the former Persia gave us amongst many things math and medicine, ah well we have to let the monkeys out of the cage sometimes dont we.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Yeah, but what has iran (persia
) given us lately, other than a ration of crap? This is the same logic heaped on the U.S., so deal with it.

The previous poster that said it best IMO was the one that said it sounded like a regular American car - except for the burka windshield, of course..

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

The male ritual of bashing female drivers will cease, or I will be forced to jump into my automatic SUV, slam it into reverse out of my driveway with tires smoking and hunt you down.

Consider yourselves warned.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If I wanted to pick up one of these Cars for a girl friend of mine...

How exactly does Camel Power translate to Horse Power?

Is there some kind of graph or calculator like I use for the cockamamie metric system?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

LOL sorry Maria, I meant my comment above in jest only. My fiance has already smacked me around for it after I showed her (I can prove it! I still have a red mark
).

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join