It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shot for wearing Obama T-shirt

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Shot? Please......
We shoot each other with these things for fun all the time. My guess is it was a paintball gun. What in the hell does some nut in the UK give a crap about our election anyway?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
yeah exactly

does the article say he was shot just because he was wearing an obama shirt noooo!!! HE WAS BLACK THATS WHY HE WAS ATTACKED ..DONT BLOW THINGS OUT OF PREPORTION!! trust me the english dont really care bout yoour election, sorry for the truth but thats the way it is

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SUMDUMONKEY

Actually, the title of the article says it.

From the article in the OP

A man confronted Mr Egwuatu inside the shop and launched a volley of racist abuse before chasing him with a Staffordshire bull terrier.

Obviously he was "confronted" about the t-shirt, which is why the article - and many other articles - were titled "...for wearing Obama T-shirt".

There's nothing to blow out of proportion. No one is making any claims here, other than this is a horrific story.

reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Your post made my faith in humanity drop even lower. Couldn't you just have CC'd everyone else's posts before you?

"Who cares? It's a BB gun. Plus, it's in Britain so it's not their business."

So many argumentative fallacies in one post; and yet, I still can't seem to figure out who or what you are arguing with/about.

*Edited to add:

Yes, that's right. I used a semi-colon in an informal, nonchalant post.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
"ball-bearing" gun = BB gun?

Sure, technically he was "shot" but christ, sensationalize much? (not you the "journalists")

If he got hit with a rubber band in the back of the head would they still have said he was "shot?"

This is all very immature and something that grade-school kids would do but c'mon, he was "shot?"

What was the "hospital treatment?" Some ointment and a band-aid?

And, yes, I've taken dozens of BB shots all over from the age of 8 up to, well, last week was my most recent BB encounter.

Hold still while I pump this 15 times. Maybe it was a CO2 gun that gets progressively weaker with every sputtering shot.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by thisguyrighthere]

It's sad how you can make this situation seem so "grade-school", but realistically, BB Gun, squirt gun, rubber bands or not, the fact remains that this guy was ambushed and assaulted for no reason except for wearing a shirt with a presidential candidate that he had enough respect for to show it.

This is assault either way you look at it and despite the fact that this weapon couldn't necessarily KILL anyone, it can certainly cause one hell of a traumatic experience in the way that this attack was carried out.

From an outside perspective it's easy to say how minute the situation actually was. A BB Gun is practically a toy to some and you'll often see children using them against eachother as such, but this man had no idea that some lunatic was going to use it against him and in all reality probably had no idea that it was a BB Gun to begin with.

Clearly your ability to understand a situation without being in them first hand are either rusty or non-existant.

Disgust.

[edit on 07/05/2008 by leakingignorance]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I don't think the problem here is what he shot him with, but the fact that he shot him to begin with!

And the post traumatic stress this would cause! This guy wasn't at war, but was just wearing a frigging t-shirt!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
[
Listen a Black man get shot for wearing a Tee shirt with obama and half of these comments suggest that he asked for it, this was a racist skin head who wa motivated by hate. listen i live in New york it doesn't happen in my part of the woods. (lower east side).

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join