It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shot for wearing Obama T-shirt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Like I said, party allegiance is a funny thing.

Any other time people wouldn't bat an eye at this. They'd say, "man that's crazy. He got chased after by a dog and shot with a BB gun. The guy tried to jump into his car while it was moving. All of that over a stupid shirt."

But once the black guy on the shirt become Barrack Obama, people have to start defending ridiculous garbage.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
LOL Sublime must of had a bad incident with a BB gun,good question why a Brit would be wearing a shirt of an American Presidential candidate,sounds like might be some rednecks in the UK

Why not? I really don't understand why Americans think this is so weird. On the one hand Americans have such an Ameri-centric view of the world and yet, when non-Americans actually do take an interest in America it seems strange? I realise that, for many Americans, the world starts and stops at your borders, but the rest of us? We understand the fact that what happens on one side of the world affects the other side.

Also, does the idea that a black man, even a non-American, might be pleased and supportive of the idea that Obama has a chance of getting elected not register with you at all?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
First what kind of Air pistols do you have in the US? in the past 3 months alone i can remember 2 kids being killed by them here in the UK, and if a Staff does get hold of you it is not letting you go anytime soon, hence the borderline legality of them, plenty of video's on you tube of them hanging from tree's being trained to kill, not many people have a cuddly staff, which can probably be backed up by the numerous deaths that have occurred, usually again a poor defenseless kid.

I always thought adults led by example, not stupidity.

As for the Obama T-shirt, does that not tell you the world has become sick and tired of the current situation? the world wants change, not war and corruption, which if the lessons of the past 8 years have taught us anything, it appears some people are happy with their lives in turmoil.

America is almost in pieces right now, as is most of the rest of the World, just when will enough be enough for some people?

And before you start about what does a Brit know about it, I promise you I've lived there, been there, and worn the damn T-shirt, as well as owned the guns when i was.

I've been the foreigner in the land of the so called red neck, not fun i can tell you, but in the end, I became a respected member of the community, even with the dumb as two short planks attitude.

One last thing, since when in a free World has it been acceptable to hunt down an innocent man and shoot them with anything, for any reason?

Me thinks if the shoe was on the other foot, one or two posting here, would not be half as tough as their words make out, like the old saying, you can take my gun, from my cold dead hands, it is when someone steps up and tells you , OK then, thats when the truth of commitment comes into play.

It is not OK to hunt down innocent people and shoot them for any reason, if you believe that, then you really do need help.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Guns don't kill people, Obama t-shirts kill people.

...wait, I thought there were no guns in England.
???

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Most of out pellet and BB guns are garbage and would only result in a fatality if fired point blank through the eyeball. I know a couple of kids who have had that happened and even made it without any blindness or permanent damage. If you had the money to waste you could get a specialty BB or pellet gun with an fps comparable to a rimfire cartridge but those cost hundreds and arent owned usually except by those who compete in air rifle sports or who use them for small game hunting.

I've only known one "ferocious" dog in my life and it was that way because its owner trained him to be that way. I have known plenty of staff's, rotties and misc. "pitbull" types and they've all been slobbering goofballs who love kids.

I'm sorry the UK seems to be suffering some epidemic of citizen stupidity where so many feel the need to train dogs to harm and go out of their way to shoot bystanders in the face with BB guns. Maybe there's something in the water over there?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by azzllin

Most of out pellet and BB guns are garbage and would only result in a fatality if fired point blank through the eyeball. I know a couple of kids who have had that happened and even made it without any blindness or permanent damage. If you had the money to waste you could get a specialty BB or pellet gun with an fps comparable to a rimfire cartridge but those cost hundreds and arent owned usually except by those who compete in air rifle sports or who use them for small game hunting.

I've known several people over the last few years that have had BB guns. All of them used to buy things like metal baking trays for target practice because they've liked to make patterns in the metal by shooting through them. These aren't speciality BB guns costing "hundreds" either as it's not as if you can buy BB guns anywhere in the first place.

I've only known one "ferocious" dog in my life and it was that way because its owner trained him to be that way. I have known plenty of staff's, rotties and misc. "pitbull" types and they've all been slobbering goofballs who love kids.

Well, over here, whilst there's some decent dog owners, there's also a lot of owners of these breeds of dogs that use them as macho status symbols. Instead of 'my gun is bigger than yours', it's more a case of 'my dog is bigger than yours'. As for 'slobbering goofballs who love kids', over the last few years, there's been a worrying amount of these slobbering goofballs who have killed kids. My own niece was attacked by one of these pricks with one of these dogs a few years ago, I think she was about 6 at the time. It bit her face and now she has a scar that runs from her lip to her nose.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Honestly, what are you even defending?

I'll keep asking the question over and over.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

"ball-bearing" gun = BB gun?

Sure, technically he was "shot" but *edit*, sensationalize much? (not you the "journalists")

If he got hit with a rubber band in the back of the head would they still have said he was "shot?"

Ball bearing gun or rubber band. Point is that this kind of behavior is completely unacceptable. Point is that these candidates for 'change' have made the public their own little henchmen. They have civilians gaurd dogging eachother rather than their own governments.

Bush has railroaded detention camps all over the US, flown US military forces in for 'crowd control', and allocated billions of dollars with no oversight for his own personal disposal.

The President has his own army, his own jails, and enough money to run his own war with none of the mentioned having to answer to even the smallest resemblance of congress.

It's 1933 all over again. You need not worry about the election because there won't be one.

Point is we have to stop fighting eachother and start shaming this kind of behavior if we are going to ever survive the future.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Now for someone to call Obama a terrorist, I say it is freedom of speech.

Bush has been called one why not Obama.

Now for someone to say kill him, is uncalled for and not freedom of speech. But do you not think that the secret service had a talk with this guy pretty quick. I know here in my town a lady just got visited by secret service because an Obama volunteer aide had said she had made threatening remarks about Obama. No proof. Just base on what the volunteer said. I imagine kill him would bring a bigger response from Secret Service.

As far as the story, it would be sad if it is true. But from the article I only hear one side of the story and it doesnt mention witnesses unless I overlooked it.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I had to read that report several times. Every time, I thought: "Wtf? It says it happened in London, right?!?! You sure??!?!"

I live in London right now, and that is quite shocking to be honest. And yes, "Ball-Bearing gun" is a "BB Gun".

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
There are ball baring guns that fire BB's close to 3/4 inch in diameter.

They are typically intended for hunting purposes. I used to own one, until the CO2 pressure line burst inside of it.
You certainly do NOT want to get hit by one of these. I was warned by some that the hunting class BB gun I had could break clean through the bone of your skull... so I tested it out various animal bones. They were right... some of the bones it clean passed indicated to me that a shot to the head from this thing is indeed a fatal blow.

So the term BB gun can imply lots of things. The ones your parents let you use as a child were those tiny brass or plastic BB's. Typically you would have had a pump action BB gun, or a small CO2 canister version. These can't do anything more than give you a small welt... or blind you.

But there are BB guns out there that are indeed purpose built to kill.

So don't get misled by the term Ball Baring gun, we don't know what gauge or pressure level it was.

They are intended to hunt rodents: don't act like these things are used on the Plains to drop an elephant from 1000 yards. Your claim that the BB could pass through human bone is based on here-say and thus invalid.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Does it REALLY matter WHAT kind of gun he shot the guy with?

I don't think so!!!!

The facts that SHOULD be discussed are is that the guy actually shot somebody over an Obama t shirt!

He shot a guy in order to do him harm for wearing an Obama t shirt, that is the problem here, not if it was a .22, .357, or a bb gun!

I don't think the problem here is what he shot him with, but the fact that he shot him to begin with!

[edit on 10/7/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by born²

Ball bearing gun or rubber band. Point is that this kind of behavior is completely unacceptable.

This is the only part of your post that you got right. The rest of your post ... you lost me at 'henchmen'.

Point is that these candidates for 'change' have made the public their own little henchmen. They have civilians gaurd dogging eachother rather than their own governments.

They didn't make anyone do anything. People blindly follow party affiliations in this country the way they champion football teams.

Bush has railroaded detention camps all over the US,

Oh! That explains why people are disappearing left and right and why we aren't allowed to go into Kansas anymore! I was wondering about the barbed wire and bulldogs at the state border.

flown US military forces in for 'crowd control',

Yep! We see them black unmarked helicopters and troops in gas masks all over the place whenever you get more than 50 people in a public area. Them troops at the Playhouse Disney Live outdoor concert was a real drag, man.

and allocated billions of dollars with no oversight for his own personal disposal.

Oh, then that explains the huge new 101 story skyscraper in downtown Crawford! It's the only one there and it did kinda look out of place but hey people around them there parts just go with the flow. *spit*

The President has his own army, his own jails, and enough money to run his own war with none of the mentioned having to answer to even the smallest resemblance of congress.

Awww okay, so then them rumors of him retiring to Dallas aren't true. He must be retiring to his own island and declaring his own law and constutooshun with his own nucyuhler devayesuz. I wonder if we'll get a X-mas card from the Bush's this year?

It's 1933 all over again. You need not worry about the election because there won't be one.

Shewt, you must be really old to remember that far back.

Point is we have to stop fighting eachother and start shaming this kind of behavior if we are going to ever survive the future.

We're out of cheetos, man.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This doesn't sound to me that having Obama as President will restore America'a image abroad, so why do his followers really believe it.
This is actually proof to the contrary.

Also, from the original post:

..he was shot three times with a ball-bearing gun.
It could have been worse if the attacker was carrying a legal English knife.

..was attacked as he tried to buy a mobile phone card at an off-licence in Upper Norwood, south London
We don't know if there was any prior confrontation between the two, before the shooting occured.

..described as 6ft and with short hair
When did England stop using the Metric system

Originally posted by Sublime620

If McCain or Obama broke wind it would make the news, and most of the partisan hacks on this board would eat it up. Someone gets shot in the face with a BB gun and people cry that it's sensationalized.

Considering the price of gas, we need every bit of it we can find,
...but you may want to rephrase the "eat it up" part.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Sublime620

Stupid people have always existed. Certain modern ideas have increased the number of stupid people within society but Obama didnt make them stupid and McCain didnt make them stupid and this election didnt make them stupid.

This idiot with the BB gun was obviously up to no good. He would have "shot" just about anyone that remotely gave his stupid mind reason to do so.

glad somebody finally said this and see's it for what it really was. sheesh.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

[edit on 7-10-2008 by born²]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Irregardless of whether or not it was a BB gun or not it's the principle of the individual's rights being violated ( by being assaulted) by a skin head for simply voicing his opinion that is wrong.
Irregardless of someones opinion on their knowledge of the effectiveness of a BB gun at close range, even if the assailant was using a hammer. YOU weren't the person being hunted down and shot at ! This is called Assault With a Deadly Weapon.

On the other hand when a woman recently described her being attacked by a (minority) teen with what turned out to be a water gun. There was quite a different tone, as well as quite a high degree of support for her in how she could defend herself with a firearm against .... a kid with a water gun ?

And yes, I am a gun owner.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think your all missing the point and not concentrating on the question at hand...

Which would be:

How can we in ats shoot each other with bb guns during the course of heated political debates.

I think the ability to do so would come in really handy for dealing with Trolls...

perhaps some attachment to web cam or monitor?

I personally would love a BB gun when asaulted with "your stupid" or "how can your point mean anything if you you use that bad grammer"

PING! Right between the eyes!

I have dibs on the Patent... don't even try and steal it from me...

[edit on 7-10-2008 by mopusvindictus]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join