It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To FoL Believers and Non-Believers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well, just for the record, I do believe. I'm 23 years old and I will admit that I was cowering in my basement on December 31st, 1999 as well as many other times when people have made predictions about the end of the world. However, I have never believed in the past any predictions about aliens coming so this is a first for me. This isn't suppose to be the ending, just the beginning of a new era for mankind. This is exactly the time when we need to pull together as one. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this world has reached its breaking point and is in a rapid state of decay. It is time for the truth to finally be revealed and for things to be explained. When the FoL speaks of literally "shaking the world," I believe this to be the foundation and core of our beliefs in regards to where we come from and why we are here. The older I have gotten I have opened my eyes and realized that something in this world is f*cked up, something is wrong. I don't believe that Stonehenge, the Pyramids, the things on Mars, etc. are just something to marvel at and wonder. I think they serve a purpose and are the keys to our past and future. Perhaps the FoL can help us to solve this mystery by making people look into the fact that we were put here by a distant civilization.

Just for the record, I have not read or bought any of Blossom's book nor do I subscribe to any New Age thought or religion. I am basing this on what my heart feels and what my mind thinks. I can't explain it any other way except I have a good overall feeling about this and that I can feel the presence of something else. As a matter of fact, when I found this out about a month ago, I can't recall ever being any happier. This is a much better feeling inside than when I was going to church and being forced to believe in the teachings of Christ. Something just feels right about it to me. If anything, it has certainly helped me believe again in the existence of God or a higher spiritual power.

Please don't lambaste me or persecute me for my beliefs, at least not until after the 14th
You can't take this belief away from me. If the 14th rolls around and nothing happens, feel free to say what you will and that you told me so. Just don't say that I didn't at least try a little bit to help make this world a better place.

"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic." -- Dresden James

[edit on 7-10-2008 by edgecrusher2199]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Gotta think though.
All this Oct. 14th Federation of Light stuff does sound all well and good. But if you openly admit to hiding under a table on Dec. 31st. 1999, how can you be so sure that we really are going to see a massive spaceship thats come to save the world in a weeks time?
Its just as probable.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

I don't think anyone will tell you "I told you so" personally...if they do they are insightful morons. And it is good to believe in something...you atleast provide why you believe: because you feel right. That is good enough. If anyone will be the key point of the "I told you so" posts, it will, and needs to be, the people who brought the hogwash here. No one that I know of intentionally went out to search for it to post just so people here would think that the "GFL/FOL IS A CROCK OF COW DUNG"...the mis-informed brought it here for people to ask for proof, and be told they are wrong for even asking. Just check the threads and you will see how they evolved into what many here believe is a CROCK OF COW DUNG.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You are very strong for coming forth with your thoughts on the FOL / 10.14.08 prediction(s). I don't think any of the truly open minded people here would blast you if this event does not occur.

I for one fully believe that in time "they" (Aliens, ETs, others...) will make an appearance and finally dismantle the perpetual lie machine that is and always has been - the US Govt - the people who have processed, manufactured, edited, modified, and/or made up everything in US History in order to keep people walking around in circles like the happy idiots they want us to be.

It would be such a crush to everyone involved in the lying process - if this monster of a space craft DID hover over a few states, drawing enough (global) attention to it that NASA, The Pentagon, Govt Officials, and anyone else involved in the many years of covering up ET life were left standing there with their jaws on the floor, drooling, stuttering, and wondering how they were going to throw a blanket over this one.

If it happens on 10.14.08 - that would be schweeeeeet!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dhunter
You are very strong for coming forth with your thoughts on the FOL / 10.14.08 prediction(s). I don't think any of the truly open minded people here would blast you if this event does not occur.

I for one fully believe that in time "they" (Aliens, ETs, others...) will make an appearance and finally dismantle the perpetual lie machine that is and always has been - the US Govt - the people who have processed, manufactured, edited, modified, and/or made up everything in US History in order to keep people walking around in circles like the happy idiots they want us to be.

It would be such a crush to everyone involved in the lying process - if this monster of a space craft DID hover over a few states, drawing enough (global) attention to it that NASA, The Pentagon, Govt Officials, and anyone else involved in the many years of covering up ET life were left standing there with their jaws on the floor, drooling, stuttering, and wondering how they were going to throw a blanket over this one.

If it happens on 10.14.08 - that would be schweeeeeet!

This is exactly why they say they are coming with absolute undeniable proof.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Not even the most cynical of people can deny that we are in a time where some 'outside' help would be welcome.

Many here are openly skeptical because the truth is, after years of repeated disappointments, it is the only way to avoid the sting of having your hopes crushed.

I suggest that regardless of the deadline, and regardless of the reality of the GFL and their spokesperson, you must be prepared to live life afterward.

If they don't come it will not mean the end of the world. It will mean it will continue. And that we must struggle to improve the world around us on our own. It is always up to us in the end.

That good feeling that you have, perhaps is from within you. That is a good thing. Go with it.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Not even the most cynical of people can deny that we are in a time where some 'outside' help would be welcome.

Many here are openly skeptical because the truth is, after years of repeated disappointments, it is the only way to avoid the sting of having your hopes crushed.

I suggest that regardless of the deadline, and regardless of the reality of the GFL and their spokesperson, you must be prepared to live life afterward.

If they don't come it will not mean the end of the world. It will mean it will continue. And that we must struggle to improve the world around us on our own. It is always up to us in the end.

That good feeling that you have, perhaps is from within you. That is a good thing. Go with it.

Oh haha no way man. I'm not gonna commit suicide or hurt myself or something, that's ridiculous! I really hope no one is stupid enough to do that either. I know that people have been let down in the past, but when it comes to extraterrestrial life, I haven't been. That's why I am so hopeful. Nevertheless, I have been enlightened and spiritually awakened, so if they don't show up at least some good will still come out of it for me.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

I'm sorry if it sounded like I had inferred you would do anything like that. My bad. You sound way too smart for that kind of thing.

I meant to convey that I respect people's right to believe in something I may not, and ALSO that I am not necessarily right (stranger things have happened
)

But to invest so much emotional energy on the event itself is what is asked for..., and it is precisely the cause of many people being depressed and demoralized, soon after the deadline passes.

If you believe in the 'good' energy model as it is stated, what better way to secure 'bad' feelings than to harbinger in a great disappointment?

I don't profess to follow the dogmatic elements of this group, so please don't be offended - I certainly meant none.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
No man everything is cool I didn't take any offense to it at all.

top topics

join