It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bill Ayers The "Domestic Terrorist" Actually a Freedom Fighter?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
i don't believe i ever met him personally,
(i could have been accidently in a place or a group situation with him or any of his group of peers... up there in the DC area in the late '60s)

all i can say is that there wasn't a radical, or radical militant the likes of the Weathermen or the WeatherUnderground that i would befriend or have a beer & a toke with...

the radicals are fighters & destructive, through & through...and do not 'see' things as others see things. Every heartbeat they have is pumping hate & destruction & overturning the system by force....etc

perhaps he mellowed with age, but even that is just an outward appearance,
it would take a psychiatrist or social psychologist to faithfully analyse Ayers...my viewpoint is only generalizations & a laymans gut feeling
(which has done allright by me)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
How can you call someone that attacks his own people a freedom fighter,any sissy in the world can blindly bomb something with no regard to anyone in the way,if he is this supposed Freedom fighter he would use his brains and go about it in a diplomatic way,he is no better then a person who randomly shoots someone or a group for their 15 min of fame,he's a lowlife as far as I'm concerned

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
How can you call someone that attacks his own people a freedom fighter,any sissy in the world can blindly bomb something with no regard to anyone in the way,if he is this supposed Freedom fighter he would use his brains and go about it in a diplomatic way,he is no better then a person who randomly shoots someone or a group for their 15 min of fame,he's a lowlife as far as I'm concerned

Ok then let me ask you and others like you. What is a people supposed to do when a government will not listen? The government is to do the peoples business and when a government forgets that and does the business of themselves then something needs to happen. Example now a days you have things like the bailout, greed on Wall Street, our tax code, immigration, government nationalization of everything I mean these are things 90% of Americans want fixed and the government does nothing. Then when it comes time to vote you get Pepsi or Coke no real difference in the candidates. What is a people supposed to do?

I guess the founding fathers were probably terrorists in your guys eyes also.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You can't want for peace then blow people up,

It ain't kosher, plus it is hypocritical.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sorry if speak out of turn, but hit by this while googling, caught my eye

March 6, 1970 Fort Dix dance, with the wife and other civilians.

Does that ring a bell? Oh ya, 3 died in a Greenwich basement and 2 lived when they blew themselves up by mistake.

Those bombs were to be used on me, the wife and other civilians there.

I was drafted by my country, I did not choose that war let alone choose those nuts to stand up for my rights.

They spat at me and kicked me, called me more than I can remember, and those same people wanted peace.

They had no idea what type of governement they would install, just that it needed to be changed, sound familiar? Ayers also stated that Cuba and Vietnams' socilistic system was better than ours at that time.????? What?

Just cause he DIDN'T kill me, doesn't make THINKING about it was right.

Domestic Terrorist is my vote.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
terrorist NO, radical?yes, loopy? maybe... the man stood up for what he belived in, and by all means he intended to get that point accross. thats jus my view

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Sorry if speak out of turn, but hit by this while googling, caught my eye

March 6, 1970 Fort Dix dance, with the wife and other civilians.

Does that ring a bell? Oh ya, 3 died in a Greenwich basement and 2 lived when they blew themselves up by mistake.

Those bombs were to be used on me, the wife and other civilians there.

I was drafted by my country, I did not choose that war let alone choose those nuts to stand up for my rights.

They spat at me and kicked me, called me more than I can remember, and those same people wanted peace.

They had no idea what type of governement they would install, just that it needed to be changed, sound familiar? Ayers also stated that Cuba and Vietnams' socilistic system was better than ours at that time.????? What?

Just cause he DIDN'T kill me, doesn't make THINKING about it was right.

Domestic Terrorist is my vote.

Sorry to hear about your situation. But from what I understand he was trying to stop the very people who drafted you into a worthless war. There was no honor in that war it was all about money. And thousands lost their lives because of it. When a government refuses to listen to the will of its people then what? I think Thomas Jefferson stated it like this "Freedom is when a government fears its people, tyranny is when the people fear its government." The government has done more terrorist acts according to their own definition than Al Queda could ever dream of. We need to get America back to its roots. When people flocked here in droves for the opportunity and morality that came with living in America. Shining a light across the world not with our military but with our morality. I suppose those days are gone forever.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Bill Ayers is a Communist,Terrorist scumbag.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by MDSJR1967]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join