It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press kept under a watchful eye

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
The media has the right to report stories... they do not, however, have the right to speak with anyone who doesn't wish to speak to them.

Wait a second, they weren't even given a chance to ascertain whether a particular person wanted to speak to them!

True face of McCain -- fascist attitude towards press.

I am not favorable of either campaign...yet. I dislike both, but will obviously need to make a choice from the two crappy choices i am given ("You want liver and onions, or onions and liver?")

Having said that...i don't blame him for his attitude toward the press. If i was running a campaign, and opened a paper or read a review on a debate, and the topic of the debate was the fashion choices of the debaters, I would be negative as well.

The press does a pathetic job. Bottom line. The only honest reporting i see is in instances like this, where it is sour grapes. The rest of the time we get whatever spin the inteviewee wants us to see (to protect the future access to that interviewee).

One rare exception is the Couric/Palin interview. That was some good stuff. Maybe that is what they want to avoid?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Ya know everybody seems to think (on the right anyway) that Palin seems just like everyday people... just like you or me but think about it for a second:

In 2000 everybody seemed to think (on the right anyway) that bush minor seemed like an average Joe... somebody you could sit down and have a beer with...

... really now would you really want any of your buddies you sit down and have a few beers with anywhere near the halls of power? I love my friends dearly but I know I wouldn't... I know them.

The same goes for Palin except the only thing genuine about her is her phoniness... all her winks and golly's and gosh darns etc are just so much bull hooey and are phony as all hell.

That's why they keep the press away from her.

Personally, I have come to the conclusion that the hard right lives in an alternative universe that barely overlaps with this one...

... either that or they are totally disassociated from reality all together.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by grover]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
That's why they keep the press away from her.

Personally, I have come to the conclusion that the hard right lives in an alternative universe that barely overlaps with this one...

... either that or they are totally disassociated from reality all together.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by grover]

I read this article today. Very, very good article:

The right's two-pronged religion of rage and self-pity

They have run the country for the entire decade. For the last 14 years, they've controlled the House for all but 20 months. They spent substantial parts of the last eight years in control of all branches of government simultaneously. They've won 7 out of the last 10 presidential elections. The country's largest and richest corporations -- including the ones owning the most powerful media outlets -- pour money into their party and perceive, correctly, that their interests are served by the Right's agenda. But still -- they can't get a fair shake; everything is deeply oppressive to them; it's all so unfair.

As they've ruled the country, it's been driven into the ground on every level. The President they revered and endlessly glorified is the most unpopular in modern American history. They've ushered in disastrous wars, virtual economic panic, state-sanctioned torture and astonishing debt. Their leaders have been exposed as bloated, corrupted criminals and hypocrites. Their current candidate chose as his Vice President someone who can barely string together a complete sentence or opine on the simplest of matters, and himself acknowledges that he's been joined at the hip with the failed Bush Presidency on virtually all key issues.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'll tell ya why they are trying to keep the press away from her supporters:

Because several days ago the left staged an embarrassment by having agent provacateurs shout "Kill Obama! Murder Obama!" when people were cheering. To give the impression that this "represents her supporters."

It wouldn't be the first time they planted a "ponytail guy" in the audience to screw with the cameras.

If you don't control your image, the other side will.

The left has a history of doing it. The favorite mantra (just read this thread) of the left is that all conservatives are unlettered idiots.

They did it to Dan quail, handing him the wrong end of a rocket launcher so they could get goofy picks, also signs about "Tomatoe."

Look at the way they nullified H. Ross Perot, by making him so paranoid that he emasculated himself politically.

They did it to Bush Sr., causing a laser reader in a grocery checkout to ring up a ridiculous price, then filming him gawking at the piece of machinery so they could say he'd "never bought his own groceries."

They do it for Bush all the time; sure it's simple enough, but how many outtakes did you ever see of Bill Clinton dropping the F-bomb in an open mike at a fundraiser in San Antonio?

See it's part of the left's narrative, that the Right is retarded, and wants to muzzle the press.

They just leave out the part of the narrative where Biden opens his mouth, and that the press muzzles itself when it comes to Obama campaign contributions from the bankrupting fannie mae.

And now they're after Palin, or anyone standing in the same frame.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Because several days ago the left staged an embarrassment by having agent provacateurs shout "Kill Obama! Murder Obama!" when people were cheering. To give the impression that this "represents her supporters."

What? Do you have a source for this?

And how does that explain why they would want to keep the press away from her supporters? I don't get it.

If you don't control your image, the other side will.

She's doing a fine job of controlling her image. Pitbull... Gloves are off... Sarachuda... Those are from HER. Yeah, she's a sweetie, all right.

And now they're after Palin, or anyone standing in the same frame.

Yes, poor Sarah... She's such an innocent in all this.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Think a big reason for this to be happening is because the McCain/Palin campaign knows for a fact that the majority of the MSM is not doing nonpartisan reporting on the campaigns, but pushing an agenda to get the Obama/Biden ticket elected in November, no matter what. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the MSM planted their own people in the crowds that they wanted the "reporters" to "interview".

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Because several days ago the left staged an embarrassment by having agent provacateurs shout "Kill Obama! Murder Obama!" when people were cheering.

Quite befitting for a conspiracy site such as ATS! Thanks!

How about you take this theory of yours a step further, and speculate that they managed to drug Sarah Palin right before the infamous interviews, so as to make her appear a mumbling idiot suffering from amnesia? Do you think that "the left" are capable of that as well? Also, by the frequency John McCain is using "my friends" and "across the aisle" (really annoying) can be the result of the evil left sending a subliminal message to his cranium. These evildoers will stop at nothing.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

What? Do you have a source for this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, poor Sarah... She's such an innocent in all this.

Ridiculing the opposition; check.

Yes, thanks for demonstrating my point for me. Well played.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

You were asked for a source that would document the use of agents provocateurs by the Democrats, in that particular rally. You failed to provide that source.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yes you are right. That's completely correct. I withdraw my comments from the thread. They had no basis in fact and were completely without documentation.

Everything is exactly as it seems.

[/fnord]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

[/fnord]

!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join