It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press kept under a watchful eye

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Maybe this video is one reason they don't want the press to talk to her supporters...

It's a restaurant in Palin's hometown on the night of the VP debate...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Don't have audio here at work, so you may have to explain here.

Are we supposed to be laughing at the "poor dumb hicks" who support Palin here or something?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Another amusing tidbit here. It seems the media is terribly concerned about what magazines and papers Palin reads, yet doesn't seem to care about Ayers

Well, "Ayers" is all over media outlets of all kinds, so I really don't know what you are talking about.

And Palin doesn't read much, therefore her knowledge of the country and the world is simply not there. But I give it to you, she can shoot a moose in the @rse.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Again you deflect my comment about Biden's lies and the medias refusal to report on them.

It's almost comical.

Have fun with this thread, I can see honest debate is out the window.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Are we supposed to be laughing at the "poor dumb hicks" who support Palin here or something?

I coulnd't laugh, personally. It's sad.

One of the supporters called her "a tough Alaskan b!+ch".

I think America deserves better than that.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Most of Palin portrayals, including unflattering ones, are due to Palin herself. She opens her mouth and comes across as a mavericky sixpack joey hockey mom unfit for the office.

Though I respect your opinion and usually agree with your posts, I full heartedly disagree. One could debate whether or not she is fit for the office of Vice President, or in the event of misfortune the Presidency. But I find her middle class, average "Joe" back ground refreshing. The fact that she isn't a Washington insider is what appeals to us regular 'Joes'.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Again you deflect my comment about Biden's lies and the medias refusal to report on them.

Dude, this thead is about Palin. Feel, like, totally free to open "Biden's lie" thread.

Again, the thread is how the Palin campaign is afraid to reveal that a frightening percentage of her supporters are dimwits.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

According to you and the media.

To me, she comes across as someone who is completely fit for the office, and someone who has the best interests of this country at heart.

There is the difference.

Are you kidding me? Do you even live in the same universe as the rest of us? Palin is perhaps even less fit for office than W! She has NO substantive foreign policy experience, NO substantive economic experience, and she can't even commit to answering questions in public ("I'll have to get back to ya on that one")...wtf? Is the majority of the American people really as dumb as they look?

Now, before the bullets start to fly, I am not a fan of Obama either. I think that no matter who wins this election, America loses. We had the chance to put a good, honest man in the office of the President, but the MSM railroaded Dr. Paul's campaign into the ground. We deserve what we get.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

According to you and the media.

To me, she comes across as someone who is completely fit for the office, and someone who has the best interests of this country at heart.

There is the difference.

The problem I have is that I really can't stand for another leader who I am smarter than. If it was something else she was running for, ya'betcha.

When you run for the highest office in the land.....you better be one of the most informed and intelligent. She has proven not to be. She will not command the respect of the "joe sixpack's" in the US, mostly because people see right through the attempts at connecting at a personal level instead of an ideological one.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

It's funny your choices for things that don't qualify her include her ability to pronounce words as you see fit.

Actually, you will have to take that one up with Mirriam-Webster. They seem to be the ones who have a problem with that.

Still....Even if the media wanted to destroy her.....wouldn't that just be an opportunity to prove that you were not as dumb as you were being made out to be? I think she truly is a gimmick with no substance.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well, I have to say that the media is completely out of control. However, with that being said, I am somewhat baffled as to why they were not allowed access to the attendees.

It's amazing to me, watching the bailout coverage, that the media has had pretty much free reign to spread fear, yet, they aren't allowed to talk to prospective voters!!
It really boggles my mind.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq

Most of Palin portrayals, including unflattering ones, are due to Palin herself. She opens her mouth and comes across as a mavericky sixpack joey hockey mom unfit for the office.

Though I respect your opinion and usually agree with your posts, I full heartedly disagree.

Thanks! Appreciated.

One could debate whether or not she is fit for the office of Vice President, or in the event of misfortune the Presidency. But I find her middle class, average "Joe" back ground refreshing. The fact that she isn't a Washington insider is what appeals to us regular 'Joes'.

Apart from refreshing value, with which I agree, actually, I am convinced that a person with superficial knowledge of the US government, economy and international arena will be a virtual hostage to her handlers in the White House.

There was at least one symptom of that: she declined to comment on a Supreme Court decision even when directly asked. Just a couple of months before that, she was actually fighting a Supreme Court decision that favored Exxon Mobile. It's quite clear that she doesn't suffer form amnesia, so this case indicates to me that she'll sell out when sufficiently disinformed.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Is there any way to get this type of information to Joe Biden? All he would have to do as Obama's "attack dog" is point out the ludicrous approach that the Palin campaign is taking. Instead of just responding to her attacks with more attacks just let the people know about this type of interference with the press. Better yet, why doesn't the MSM report that they are being denied full access to what is supposed to be a public forum? This BS is really starting to p##s me off royally.
As for some of the responses that she is getting from her supporters shouting "terrorist' and turning on the media present she should be brought up on charges of inciting a riot and denying free access to the press.
I'm sorry and I apologize, I got a little carried away with my last statement but it just shows how fed up with the whole thing I am. I have seen many campaigns and can't remember ever seeing this type of selective access to a candidate and the inability of the press to fully cover an event.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I actually went ahead and found a way to voice my opinion about this matter and sent an email to the Obama/Biden campaign outlining my suggestion here:

www.barackobama.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I would absolutely love to see a person in office, that can actually relate to the average middle class citizen. Someone who can look you in the eye and say i know what your feeling, and know in your heart that they mean it, or have walked in those shoes before.
I personally think this is why she has the type of following that she does. She is trying real hard to be the voice of those that have no power or influence to make there opinion heard.
BUT, as Grafilthy stated:

originally posted by Grafilthy
When you run for the highest office in the land.....you better be one of the most informed and intelligent.

Sadly enough most Americans don't understand the importance of the above comment.
I agree that connecting with the people is not a good enough qualification to assume the role of the office she is seeking.
What's even more sad, is in this day and age in politics it's impossible to achieve both.
So. The American people have to make a choice. Do we want someone in there that makes us feel good, or do we want someone in there that actually knows what's going on?
And for the record I have no love for Obama or McCaine. However I do like Palin. But do I think she is qualified? No probably not.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

This is very confusing indeed. If one chooses to attend one of these rallies chances are they are supporting Palin/McCaine. Why would they want to silence there own supporters. I thought that was the idea behind these rallies. To spread the word via word of mouth.

The article didn't say that. It said in the past certain news reporting agencies took quotes from their supporters and misrepresented them.

Which is possible with clever editing.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I agree that connecting with the people is not a good enough qualification to assume the role of the office she is seeking.

Yes. After all, we elect a person not to entertain us or to be our TV shrink. I don't need a connection with my dentist when I hire him to fix my teeth.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Why is everyone here ignoring the point of this thread? It sounds like the freedom of press has been stripped down to a free press zone just as the freedom of speech.

Why is everyone talking about Biden and Joe Sixpack? Deny Ignorance anyone?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yes, I understand that, but the premise of my post was that it would seem that the McCaine /Palin campaigne does not trust there supporters to make intelligent comments. I personally don't want any politician or future politician taking away my right to speak my mind, because it's for MY OWN GOOD. If I go on National telivision and make a complete fool of myself then that's my fault and responsibility. Not theirs.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
IF it came out that the Obama camp was shielding supporters from the press the hard right members here would be screaming murder...

... from what I gather of their disconnected from reality world view its alright if their people do it but some sort of neferious plot if the other side does or if someone points out their behaviour.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join