It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of Canada opts out of coordinated US$ actions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Bank of Canada opts out of coordinated US$ actions

www.reuters.com

TORONTO, Oct 7 (Reuters) - The Bank of Canada said on Tuesday it will not participate in coordinated central bank actions aimed at increasing U.S. dollar liquidity.

The central bank said it welcomes central bank initiatives to provide U.S. dollar liquidity but felt it was not necessary for it to participate in the auctions at this time.

"The Bank of Canada continues to closely monitor global market developments and remains committed to providing liquidity as required to support the stability of the Canadian financial system and the functioning of financial markets," the bank said in a statement.

The Bank of Canada's decision came as other central banks announced dates for forward U.S. dollar auctions to prevent additional market strains over the year end.

The U.S. Federal Reserve, European Central Bank, Bank of England and Swiss National Bank were among the other central banks taking part in the actions to prevent additional market strains over the year end.

Scheduling of the forward auctions is tentative and may be adjusted in response to financial market conditions, the Bank of Canada said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I wonder if they're going to get Parker Bros. maker of monopoly to start printing US currency too. I'm amazed how far this has gone so far, dumping in enough liquidity that the true value of any dollar should already be worthless. Yet here everything seems to be holding on. Good thing all these banks are working together to put band-aids on the economy. I just hope it's enough.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join