It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Holiday: Monday, October 13, 2008

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Columbus day for sure but if you do a search on google for Market Open Columbus Day 2008, it will come back and say yes it's open...

Not sure why, but yesterday I did that for fun..

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Boy that panic-sex sounds like fun

Maybe the market will cooperate today and I can still manage to get some this weekend

Yes I spewed my drink over this thread too, thanks for the laugh Plucky

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yes the banks are closed, but the market isn't.

Just some food for thought given to me by Mainer.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

Not all banks are closing to observe the holiday. Bank of Serta stays open from 1 to 4 and Bank of Sealy from 9 to 2.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
George Burns:
"And on that note say goodnight, Gracie"

Gracie Allen:
"Good night Gracie"

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
most important thing from her post..that her bank confirmed much more outgoing then incoming....'bank concerned about keeping up with federal reserve notes (ie..cash).

I've suspected a 'silent' run on the banks for a while, and every where I look it keeps getting confirmed..thanks plucky!!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by toepick
I've suspected a 'silent' run on the banks for a while, and every where I look it keeps getting confirmed..thanks plucky!!

That's it! I couldn't figure out why so many customers waiting in line in my bank wear earplugs.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hahahahahehehe rofl that was funny!

It reminds me when the Miners got trapped about 6 years ago and only one lived.

My sister in law said "I don't know why the President and everyone else is making a big deal about these Minors they shouldn't have been down there anyways THEY WERE TOO YOUNG!"

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
talking about Columbus Day, both a federal holiday And a bank holiday,

over in Phoenix, downtown across from the basketball Center, there is a bank with a statue of Columbus at the front door ---
really odd all the way around, as in why a bronze Columbus statue in Phoenix AZ.

the Statue, at the bank no less, draws all sorts of attention, from getting a paint bath by protestors tothe celebration reported here by a sorta 'liberal' news media there in the Valley...

blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...

take it as fun, not anger folks

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It's Monday the 13th. I'm an American living in Romania. I tried to take cash out of the ATM here and it won't let me. Our day starts 7 hours earlier. So does a bank holiday mean the ATM don't work?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Yup, banks are closed today.. Funny that the stock market soars on the day the banks are closed.. Hint Hint

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join