It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI warns of potential terror attacks on public buildings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

FBI warns of potential terror attacks on public buildings

deepbackground.msnbc.msn.com

The FBI and Department of Homeland Security today issued an analytical "note" to U.S. law-enforcement officials cautioning that al-Qaida terrorists have in the past expressed interest in attacking public buildings using a dozen suicide bombers each carrying 20 kilograms of explosives.

Authors with the U.S. Office of Intelligence and Analysis added that they have "no credible or specific information that terrorists are planning operations against public buildings in the United States." The FBI and DHS analysts said they were releasing the note because "it is important for local authorities and building owners and operators to be aware of potential attack tactics."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ynetnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Does any one have the feeling that something really bad is about to happen?
October 7th - Web Bot Coincidence?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Tomorrow is October 7th, which means Wednesday is the beginning of Yom Kippour. Also, the anniversary of the Cole bombing is this week, and with the stock market going crazy, we could have a rough week.

Also, we are in the middle of a Presidential campaign and the beginning of the baseball playoffs.

deepbackground.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
LOL true. But the meteor tonight didnt crash into the planet!!! SO much doomsday and fearmongeriong on here about the 7th its unreal. And who are the terrorists again? Those on ATS spreading fear err...i mean NEWS (that is almost ALWAYS unfounded?)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well at least the Feebies are doing their job. Nothing says election season like some good old fashioned "terror alerts."

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I don't see any fear mongering in the OP. He stated we could have a rough week..that's just his opinion, albeit somewhat negative.

On that note, this is pretty interesting, this sadly might add fuel to the 0ct. 7 fire that has been raging like wildfire on these threads as of late.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

The DHS released this information today and it is being reported on the MSM.

I admit its most likely BS from homeland security, but I and probably many members wouldn't have read the story otherwise. IMO you shoudn't jump on the OP for posting a legit story.

I think as a whole we are a rational group and wont be buying tons of duct tape and garbage bags because of this report. I and many others find these reports interesting and very telling of our current situation in the USA.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by drock905]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Im not having an issue with the OP's article, its his second post. This has nothing to do with the original article except to incite fear due to other "events" that have no nconnection. SO forgive me for not seeing a link here except for more FEAR. Again. OCT 7th is mentioned.

Quote: "Tomorrow is October 7th, which means Wednesday is the beginning of Yom Kippour. Also, the anniversary of the Cole bombing is this week, and with the stock market going crazy, we could have a rough week.

Also, we are in the middle of a Presidential campaign and the beginning of the baseball playoffs."

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
On November 8th, 2007, the FBI warned us of possible terrorist attacks on shopping malls. On December 4, 2007, Robert Hawkins, 21, shot 10 people to death and wounded five more at the Westroads Mall in Omaha, Nebraska.

That means we have about four more weeks. Just in time to set the right tone going in to the election. Relax, everybody. Keep shopping!

[edit on 6-10-2008 by starviego]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

Is everyone missing this part...?

Authors with the U.S. Office of Intelligence and Analysis added that they have "no credible or specific information that terrorists are planning operations against public buildings in the United States."

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
lol, so, they sent a note to the effect of "Beware the terrorists, they like to bomb you in dozens!"

... and then tacked on "Oh and by the way, we don't have any reason to believe they are thinking about attacking..."

...?

I hope you all understand that spreading fear for political, social, financial, or other goals IS a form of terrorism.

Essentially... every time the US government or one of it's subsections issues a statement intended to invoke unnecessary fear... they are guilty of terrorism.

But you knew that right?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
hey guys check this link out and tell me your toughts

radarsite.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
How do they know, are they buying the explosive mix like they
did for the 1993 WTC bombing.

Scum Illuminati press are the fear mongers for the FBI.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
lol, so, they sent a note to the effect of "Beware the terrorists, they like to bomb you in dozens!"

... and then tacked on "Oh and by the way, we don't have any reason to believe they are thinking about attacking..."

...?

I hope you all understand that spreading fear for political, social, financial, or other goals IS a form of terrorism.

Essentially... every time the US government or one of it's subsections issues a statement intended to invoke unnecessary fear... they are guilty of terrorism.

But you knew that right?

Thanks for also catching that. I think it bears repeating a third time since people seem to be missing the most important part of the story - they have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO reason to be suspicious. They just are.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

This is kind of disappointing. With great difficulty I had carefully arranged myself with my head between my legs so that when it came time to kiss my ass goodbye, I could just pucker my lips and start smooching!

Now, I'm cramping and my back is stiff, so I'm basically stuck.

OH! That's right! The day isn't over!! Yippeeee!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Election fever is hitting the FBI and DHS. Gotta keep those Republicans in office so we can protect the citizens against "insert threat here". Osama today, Putin tomorrow, oh yeah bring up Iran alot. John McCain has been hitting that one hard. If we say we might think that maybe someday in the near future, Iran may contemplate, or might not contemplate attacking the US. Tomorrow we'll say Putin is threatening peace in Georgia. Another John McCain campaign tactic.

If you tell your dog to "Sit Down" then say "Get UP". The dog doesn't know what to do. That's how they are treating you America. Your just a dog to them obeying commands.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
How do they know, are they buying the explosive mix like they
did for the 1993 WTC bombing.

Scum Illuminati press are the fear mongers for the FBI.

Ummm... just a little correction, but they didn't "buy" their explosives for the 93 attack. They were GIVEN them BY THE FBI. The informant said to use fake explosives. The FBI disagreed and gave them REAL explosives.

No one would believe the informant, until he released the ACTUAL RECORDED CONVERSATIONS of the FBI telling him they were going to use REAL EXPLOSIVES.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I found it interesting that they specifically named al-Qaida yet then go on to say they have no credible reason to believe this...why name this group then?!?! It makes no sense other than to instill fear or give a face to a threat, once again.

Princeofpeace: I see where you're coming from and I agree that the OP most definitely can be interpreted that way; I missed the subtle hints.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Does Al Qaeda even exist? If you think so, why? I've seen many very intelligent arguments based on real facts that challenge the status quo belief structure that the war on terrorism even exists in the first place. Most people fail to even accept the possibility that the U.S., itself, is the real problem in this whole equation.

I recently saw this in the recently released addendum to Zeitgeist.

"The truth is, there is no islamic army or terrorist group called Al Qaida. And any informed intelligence officer knows this. But there is a propaganda campaign to make the public believe in the presence of an identified entity...The country behind this propaganda is the US"

-Robin Cook-
Former British Foreign Secretary

The video also sais that Al Qaida was actually the name of a computer database of the U.S.-supported mujahadin in the mid 80's..

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

Shortly before his untimely death, former British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook told the House of Commons that "Al Qaeda" is not really a terrorist group but a database of international mujaheddin and arms smugglers used by the CIA and Saudis to funnel guerrillas, arms, and money into Soviet-occupied Afghanistan.

"[According to a Pakistani major] the database was divided into two parts, the information file where the participants in the meetings could pick up and send information they needed, and the decision file where the decisions made during the previous sessions were recorded and stored. In Arabic, the files were called, 'Q eidat il-Maaloomaat' and 'Q eidat i-Taaleemaat.' Those two files were kept in one file called in Arabic 'Q eidat ilmu'ti'aat' which is the exact translation of the English word database. But the Arabs commonly used the short word Al Qaida which is the Arabic word for "base." The military air base of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is called 'q eidat 'riyadh al 'askariya.' Q eida means "a base" and "Al Qaida" means "the base."

"In the mid-1980s, Al Qaida was a database located in computer and dedicated to the communications of the Islamic Conference's secretariat.

We have not had 1 terrorist attack in the U.S. since 9/11. Why would we all of a sudden now have multiple public buildings (plural) at risk of terrorist attacks? Yet, to date, despite the massive loss of life involved with 9/11 and in subsequent "attacks" in other countries, we have not even apprehended Osama Bin Laden. Not so much of a war on terror is it?

Yet, we have been made to believe that terrorism was responsible for 9/11 in the first place. When all debris from all of the aircraft involved in 9/11 and all video surveillance of what really happened at the Pentagon have all been confiscated by the FBI. Not one part of any aircraft involved in the 9/11 terrorist attacks has been traced back to the aircraft it came from. What is there to hide? There are obviously much more elaborate arguments that could be made, but I am not a 9/11 truther and I am not an expert. The point is that there IS an argument to be made that what we have been spoon-fed this whole time about the war on terror itself has been deliberate, planned, and engineered to trick the American people.

I see this warning as a distraction, the reasons of which have all pre-planned to take attention off of important political issues currently in the news (take your pick). I'm sure that some of you think the reasoning for this FBI warning is much more elaborate (and it very well could be).

I recently found a very interesting video that was created by the BBC called "The Power of Nightmares". The video makes an extremely good case for the non-existence of Al Qaeda and the war on terror. If nothing else, it's an interesting watch.. Youtube provides links you to the subsequent parts of the video.

here is Part 1:

-ChriS

top topics

join