It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we know so much, why aren't we organizing ourselves?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Ya man exactly.
These Powers to be are so intrenched, some of the families have been in power for generations. It will be hard to remove them from thier thrones.

There are people who have the foresight and a goal for us.
They if allowed would unsuppress the tools and sciences to better ourselves and correct our problems. Sure it would take away the power from Big oil, Big Pharmacy, Royalty, Big Corporation.
They would release the patents bought and buried. Wouldn't kill the inventors and scientists bringing fourth technologies to benefit ourselves as a whole and not only a tiny elite.

But we need to convince and convey to the masses what is at thier fingertips, What technology is locked up in military bases and private sectors. 50 years ahead of us some say.

We need to show what we can have made available for everyone, how it's possible to produce, how we can maintian it.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Sorry, I wasn't directing that at you. Clearly you are still on the fence. How could you react when you don't really know what you are reacting to?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think as a whole people are missing the point althgether. We can not convince the powers that be what would be best for us as a whole because they don't care, they have their own agendas. Do you really think the world leaders really care sbout you? Most of you have too narrow of a view of what is really going on. It is too late to effect change in anything but ourselves. Should we be more positive and walk/live in the light? Yes. If we did so would our positive energies make a differance? Of course. Would it change the course of the world and the plans of the world leaders? Not at all. This has all been phrophetized. They know whats coming, some of us do also. I am merely saying that we need to rely on each other and each others preparedness. To the 18 yr old who said he doesn't have the cash flow to prepare. Simply having a plan, a group to meet up with and a place to meet in the event of a disaster or marial law will go along way. While everyone else is panicking you can be one step ahead. You don't have to have a complete plan and a bunker full of food, guns, and ammo to be better off than you are now. Just have a plan. Have people in on your plan. While everyone else is either running amuck in the streets or hiding in their houses you can be getting away. It is quicly becoming clear that most of us are completly under the control of the government. To the poster that says to turn of the tv,net, cell phone and see how much better life is........again, you are merely burying your head in the sand in attempt to hide from the realities that be. That is exactly what "they" want you to do. What would it hurt to have a plan, or some extra food? What would it hurt to have a few people to get together with and go over emergency plans? Or do you have such blind faith in your infallable government that you are convinced that they have, and will always will have your best interest at heart? Don't be a fool people, we already live in a police state, and they are tightening the grip daily. Most of you seem content on waiting and seeing.....it will be too late when you finally realize whats going on. The time to prepare is now. The time for action is now. The time for non compliance is now. Are you AWAKE?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It turns out we are organizing and doing something about this. Checkout freedommarch2009.com. If you think that 16 or so people cant change the way things are now then you need to see this

[edit on 7-10-2008 by truth bearer]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mushninja
To the poster that says to turn of the tv,net, cell phone and see how much better life is........again, you are merely burying your head in the sand in attempt to hide from the realities that be.

I think you missed my point. My suggestion was for all the "dooms day mongers" (who think the end is coming on Oct 7th, or the 14th) who have their heads "buried" in thier laptops or monitors, to step back for a minute, take a look around, and smell a rose! Not bury their head in the sand.

FYI, My "Go Bag" is packed, the "rally point" is marked, and my exit plan has been mapped by car, bike, and foot. The surrounding terrain is hospitiable but defendable and can support up to about 30 people. If you live in the Truckee Meadows and do not have a CitX plan, U2U me and we'll talk.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm not very good at the doom and gloom ,I agree with those who have posted that change is needed but for that to happen it requires considerable thought as to what change is needed how would that look and how to make it happen. I think lining up with people who have a vision for the result of this change is a good start ,like signing on to The Pickens Plan to be energy independent, or signing on to supporting farm and rural reform to become food independent, or bartering more to be financially independent. I know we can't do any of these things as isolated individuals,so the plan or plans have to be the result of a collective decision to do better for the benefit of everyone. Maybe people are sobering up and we have to get through the hangover part first,everyone is grumpy and disoriented when they have a hangover

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

You caught me off guard with that one. I guess it's just another leson in assumptions. I'm not hung up on the doom and gloom, I have a pretty good life compared to the rest of the world outside this country. Just saying we are painfully unprepared as a whole and it needs to change quickly. I went out on a limb risking unwanted attention hoping to find others like me. I see nothing wrong with being overly prepared, aware, and able to fight. I have said nothing wrong, nor illegal here yet I need to be careful what I say and where. Why? Because there aren't enough people like me.......just gets me all fired up sometimes when I think about things. Nothing personal.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mushninja

no worries.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Okay, theres some really good arguments here. And from what I've read - a bunch of stubborn people too.

"If we know so much, why aren't we organizing ourselves?"

The point is that we DON'T KNOW. None of us believe this 100% enough to fully investigate and put our time and money, as little as it is, into the unpredictable future. Anything could happen - we all know that. The threat of terror and the threat of nuclear bombs opposes our lives every day - but yet we still get up in the morning, smile at our sweeties, and get ready to go to work. [Or school etc...] So why aren't we organizing ourselves? You name me three people that you know would do anything to gather and plan against the immediate future without thinking about damaging their reputation and their name and I'll say hell yeah lets do it. But 'I' can't name three friends, I can't even name the one friend whom knows whats going on. -For she like so many others will not risk being looked at like she was crazed.

Sadly, one day something big and bad is going to happen - one of the predictions is bound to come true and before you know it were all going to be cramming our names and addresses to people out on here just to find a friend in case of time or need. Theres going to be hot spots, and I CAN assure that there WILL be people who are prepared... they just might keep quiet and perfer to not say anything for that very reason - their hoping beyond hopes that nothing like that will ever happen. But if your so shocked and want to do something, THEN YOU get your booty out there and do what you think is best.

I personally have enough canned foods to last a year. I have no water stored, a minimum amount of medicine, walkie talkies, camping tools, extra gas. Etc... this isn't planned this is just what I have in my every day, normally lived life. If something was to go down, I would take my stuff - pack all that is needed as lightly as possible - leave notes and go to the most dense part of the forest and wait it out with a radio. Somewhere along those lines - or risk living in my house and being tied to all of the government condemnations and forced to do the work they ask of me and the millions of others. [I like mostm ignorantly believe, it will be an inside attack that will work its way out.]

Sincerely,
Cm.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
[edit on 8-10-2008 by ConMi27]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join