It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone let me know I'm not crazy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I've been investigating conspiracies before I came to ATS way back when I was younger when I got a book ... I've found out a lot about conspiracies since then and I've already been through the phase where I would like to believe in them and then shortly finding out that most of them are real. I really would like to know that I am not crazy and that I am just paranoid.

Am I paranoid enough?

I mean, should I worry more about the government, terrorists, and, deals between the government and terrorists?

Am I worrying enough about the NWO and the bilderburg group?

Am I worrying enough about Bush and crew?

Am I worrying enough?

Am I crazy?

Am I sane for actually looking into these things?

Will I ever be able to look at life the way that I did before ATS and before 9-11?

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well, I'll need to get to know more about you before I can tell you you're not crazy

It's not a good sign though, when threads are all about oneself

But what makes you imagine 'worrying' is a sane reaction to all and more that you've mentioned ?

The SANE reaction is to LAUGH, not 'worry'

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Congratulations, you're about as crazy as the rest of us. See, we've even formed a little online community!

Seriously though, the only people walkin around careless and unaffected by what's going on out there have wrapped themselves in their warm cocoons of ignorance and (in essence) offered themselves up for slaughter. "Not using one's mind is tantamount to not having one at all. And if you have a mind and aren't using it, you should reap the consequences with naught but a sigh"--ME.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The short answer to the last question is no, you will not be able to look at the world in the same way after 911. You might to balance out your zeal for exposing truth with some other hobbies that are relaxing. They don't care if we waste our lives in toil and desperation so maybe the flipside is an act of rebellion?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
Congratulations, you're about as crazy as the rest of us. See, we've even formed a little online community!

Seriously though, the only people walkin around careless and unaffected by what's going on out there have wrapped themselves in their warm cocoons of ignorance and (in essence) offered themselves up for slaughter. "Not using one's mind is tantamount to not having one at all. And if you have a mind and aren't using it, you should reap the consequences with naught but a sigh"--ME.

Actually the ppl walkin around careless and unaffected are the FOES.

If you do or allow crookedness, for example, you are the foe, aiding in hindering the rest of the world away from better days.

Just my 2 cent.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Are you scared?!!! Well you should be! You're on scare tactics.

Actually, be precautious instead of worried because in being precautious you have measures in place to avert a possible problem or complication.

Just worrying means you are doing nothing but allowing possible foes to have their way.

Get involved in the frontlines with measures so you can then handle any thing B.S. before it gets way out of hand to affect you.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
frank, you have 26,000+ points here and your just now asking yourself this?

i guess if you can still determine fiction from reality and have solid judging skills, your ok.
but honestly, most of all people live in their own "crazy little worlds" albeit haunted by extreme OCD or higher levels of paranoia or ego.

+100 points to you for questioning it all and having the capacity to entertain the thoughts of conspiracy theories. most people can't even comprehend the act of something not normal being perpetrated outside of their little worlds.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I just posted this on another thread but it applies here too.

About 80% of the threads on the recent post page are doom and gloom oriented and it's getting rather depressing, (not to mention a bit careless and reckless for those individuals incapable of discerning fact from fiction).

I'm finding there is a large cross section of people who do not come on this site solely for entertainment, there may actually be people who believe most of this crap. (by crap I mean doom and gloom) I am genuinely concerned and hope the mods caution most of the questionable content and the members posting it.

We recently had a delivery of vehicle lifts for the new Toyota facility and if photgraphed from the right angle, they could be passed off as "FEMA coffins". I had thought of posting them as an example of the unfounded hystaria (and as a means of making light of the recent trend) and wait for someone to say "hey look, oh no! more FEMA coffins" before letting everyone in on the gag. But reading some of the posts on here lately, doing that would have been incredibly reckless.

We all really need to lighten up around here...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
To seek knowlege and truth is as a noble thing to do for ones own self ,and a benefit to others as long as you openly share your knowlege with others.Information is there for all to seek and fiind on their own terms;but they had better hurry up! lol ! I feel you are quite normal,esp.since you questioning everything.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Wait! So should I be more or less worried?

I'm not more crazy than the rest of you...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
You make it seem crazy....

Everything is connected, EVERYTHING< It's not your fault Everyone you know is a 'sheeple'*

WELCOME TO ATS!!

*I hate using that word

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
you'd be crazy if there wasn't a reason for you wanting to believe 'all that stuff'.

but I'm sure there is a reason for you wanting to believe. Maybe your question shouldn't be 'Am I crazy?' but 'Why do I feel the need persue fantasies and conspiracy theories?'

That advice was free

Bigmoose

new topics

top topics

join