It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: "Martial Law" if you do not sign bailout.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Was listening to a radio show today looking for commentary on the market situation.

The host aired a partial speech by a member of the house talking about how members of congress were told martial law would be imposed if they did not sign the bailout.

Has anyone else heard this?

I heard the actual recording where the member was talking on the floor. His tone was one of anger and frustration. He talked about how the administration was using fear and a panic situation to get the bill passed.

Anyone know who that was speaking?

Fear mongoring to the finest. I usually gaff at the martial law threads and usually do not buy into the whole Alex Jones and the martial law threat that a lot of people talk about, but this got my attention real quick.

I don't think I have ever been so angry from something I heard on the radio.

Honestly, I think martial law would be the last thing this president wants. I believe he might find himself on te short side of the rope...if you know what I mean...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I have indeed heard this....many others have. There's another thread on this very topic floating around ATS as we speak

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
ah!..thanks. i searched but did not find it.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Is this thread what you're talking about? This "Martial Law" has been shown to be a term that relates only to Congress in this instance. There's more clarification if you look at some of the links in that thread.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Actually I think you might be referring to this thread about Rep. Brad Sherman.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It was an article on the home page for weeks talkin about this bailout (the first draft, not the one that passed) was just the first step toward martial law and the enslavement of the American public, etc. I've looked for it but there've been SO many posts since that I think it's buried pretty deep in the archives by now.

But yeah, the ATS community has been chewing on this topic for a while now....since way before the bailouts were drafted. I suppose if this thread gains momentum, a moderator will pop in and direct you to the right one. Until then, you could probably just run a search using keywords like "martial law" and "bailout" and kinda skim thru what you find. Happy Hunting!

(HA! There ya go!)

[edit on 6-10-2008 by starsyren]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yes they did threaten martial law for the USA not congress, however the congress was in martial law , the two have totally different meanings , this was threats of martial law if the bail out was not passed the second time, note on the video that the VP debate was about to begin with the little countdown timer on the screen this is for the second run through of the bill.. that passed.

Yes they threatened martial law.. there so ready to use it. see for your saelf in the video "martial law in the USA"

www.youtube.com...

This is old news, where were you when this went down..??

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Same subject, yeahright. Both threads discuss the 'gag order' that Congress has been threatened on and off with.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is the speech you guys are talking about, and it does sound like someone from the administration made this threat, I wouldn't doubt it was made by Dick (head) Cheney... That sounds like his style....

Congressman Brad Sherman, said the words MARTIAL LAW!!

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join