It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailout Opened 'Financial Whirlpool Of Insatiable Greed': Kucinich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Bailout Opened 'Financial Whirlpool Of Insatiable Greed': Kucinich

rawstory.com

“If Wall Street does come back for another bailout, we must be prepared in advance to say NO,” Kucinich said in a press release Monday. “The bailouts of Wall Street must stop. It will never be enough. When the Federal Government gets involved in picking winners and losers on Wall Street, we open up a financial whirlpool of insatiable greed."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does this guy and Ron Paul seem to be screaming into the wind while literally everyone else keeps turning a deaf ear?

The statements both guys are making sound like something straight out of a conspiracy-nut's thesis, but yet we keep seeing the very thing's they've been warning against come to real-life fruition with complete horror, and yet they are almost treated like outcasts who are all but ignored...Kind of like the american people. lol

I'm guessing there will likely be more threats of martial law, and a bailout, part III will be pitched, with multiple trillions next. And even THAT won't satisfy these morally empty greed mongers. It's like they have a great big empty hole through the center of them that can never be filled up or satisfied, no matter how much obscene wealth they accumulate from others suffering...

“We are now facing the perfect financial storm. The elements are the deficit spending for the war ... the lack of serious investment in our country and now $700 billion to Wall Street. We are being hollowed out," he said. "We are going to see more unemployment and more people losing there homes. ... Now we must invest in homeowners to prevent any additional bailout.”

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-10-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I dont understand if Kucinich and Ron Paul can see what is really happening to the economy, behind the scenes, then why do people not believe them. Its Greed that got us all in this situation,

edit added star and flag for you DD you always have good threads, just a little scary!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[edit on 6-10-2008 by isa75]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Kucinich and Ron Paul will continue to be ignored until it is far too late, its literally like trying to solve sickness by letting more blood gush from our economic wounds... Trying to patch the hurt with hundreds of billions of misplaced dollars will not help, what a waste of money... While that 700 Billion we could have fed, clothed, and educated the citizens of this nation, but instead it goes to resurrecting corporations and helping the super-rich...

They're throwing salt on the wounds of an already bitter nation...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I opened a thread talking about why the bail out will not work, because the core issue of the problem the American consumer and loser of all this has not been taken care off.

You can not bail out those that profit from the economy without helping first the ones that support the economy, without the support it will not be profits.

The American consumer, the hard working tax payer is getting dry, unemployed and with not American dream left.

How this nation is to support itself if we has lost the means to production? printing money and offering unsecured loans so the Wall street can keep the illusion of prosperity when is not there is not going to help this nation.

But as usual we have allow a whole bunch of corrupted politicians with agendas to make the decisions that only belongs to the people to make.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
yep it is quite the same story here in europe.

give em a (the?) finger...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well said marg...Like Kucinich says, NOTHING is being done about the millions of folks who are at risk from losing their homes here--Instead, they are propping up the bad debt and bailing out the crooks who created the mess to begin with! Another million homeless people in the next 6 months? Ah, who cares! As long as Joe executive gets his hundred million dollar bonus for running his fraud scam like a pro, that's all that matters!

Eventually, this greed will bring the ENTIRE nation down, INCLUDING these wealthy greed-mongers. You can only squeeze sop much blood out of a turnip.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Honestly DD,

I dont even see the Bailout Part II working, at $700 billion, nevermind in the trillions.

Earlier today, in an interview I think with the Washington Post maybe, or Capitol Hill Blue, it was stated that not only would the illiquid assets probably only get offered around $.20 on the dollar, but a majority of the investment firms will likely not participate simply due to the constraints on Executive packages.

I think our first part is going to fail miserably enough on its own!

Not to mention, I can't quite see why we keep pumping so much liquidity into a system where there has never been so many liquid assets as there are now! If the banks wont lend it and there is no counterparty trust, certainly the bailout is merely academic.

I say, buy up the MORTGAGES (not the paperless assets), leave the friggin firms hangin out to dry, empower the American PEOPLE with all this purchase power, and damn straight that it WILL resolve itself fast. Leave it to the devices of 'The System' and the protracted effects will be killing us for years.

AB1

[edit on 6-10-2008 by alphabetaone]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
... While that 700 Billion ... it goes to resurrecting corporations and helping the super-rich...

They're throwing salt on the wounds of an already bitter nation...

Much to their ignorance, the wealthy and their ilk forgot the French Revolution, you can only drive people so far, and in the French revolution the Military did nothing to protect the wealthy either.

Screw orders, I'm taking/claiming me a mansion and some nice cars.

top topics

join