It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Bolide Forecast Tonight; No Damage Expected

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Does anyone know the predicted trajectory of this object in the night sky? Such as... where in the world will this object be able to be observed in the night sky befor termination?.

Found the answer to my own question

[edit on 6-10-2008 by highfreq]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Since it is supposed to explode over Sudan, I would assume that the explosion would be visible in Egypt. I wonder if Egypt has any plans to have live cameras covering this event. I know that Sudan is too busy killing people in Dafur to worry about coverage.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Great Post ZeroGhost !

Thanks for all the info on Bolides... and tonights event.
I pray it does dissipate in the upper atmosphere as forecast.
This is the first time they ever announced something like this.
Very exciting !
There should be some awesome video footage of this event.

I like what you posted about taking care of our neighbors and self preparedness. There is so much being put on our plates right now with October 2008. We need to stick together and work the solution...
Love!

B14ALL...

Synth

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
In case anyone hasn't yet viewed NASA brief on it.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Like, what time would the impact be Eastern time zone in USA?

Anyone?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
From what i gather in another 20mins give or take

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

9:46 pm central time.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Oh.

Thanks for that warning...I'm really unusually peaceful tonight.

I hope i dont go bipolar and flip those poles anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Nothing is going to happen. It never does. In fact, if its a prediction AND ITS POSTED ON ATS, then you can almost be 100% sure that it wont come true!!! Talk to you guys in another hour when nothing has happened LOL.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kay_S

Hi Hi - I'm here in Sicily wondering the same thing (trajectory)...
Looks like we have a 27 minute more wait!

Hope you get a good look!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It's hard to believe that there isn't a live WebCam of some kind over
there looking up at the sky. They've had 10 hours advance notice! :-)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Did you happen to see the direction it would be coming from

(And don't say *UP* - lol)...

North to South (I hope)?

Oh, and is this something that’s going to take a few or is it going to be just a fast flash through the sky like a meteor?

Thankers!

***runs back outside to look***

[edit on 6-10-2008 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Um, my wife and I were watching a movie and our windows lit up a few times during that projected time. We both noticed the couple of times the windows lit up and both commented on it.. Is it something that would ahve a affect on the east coast of the USA?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Nothing is going to happen. It never does. In fact, if its a prediction AND ITS POSTED ON ATS, then you can almost be 100% sure that it wont come true!!! Talk to you guys in another hour when nothing has happened LOL.

It isn't a prediction, this bolide was spotted and is expected to impact the atmosphere somewhere over Sudan at approx 9:46pm CST. They say that this body is expected to burn up harmlessly in the atmosphere causing nothing but a good light show.
Remember that just because it is 946pm cst on the 6th in the USA, it will already be the 7th at the point of impact.
I know it's hard, but try to shed that US-centric point of view.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It will be quick id imagine but if its large enough you should hear it and see the light, might be hard to grab good footage of though, i hope someone can

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
[edit on 6-10-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Here's a link where it looks like a camera is on the asteroid. It's coming
closer to earth now! Go look. orbit.psi.edu.../22

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
LOL-slow down Jones. Im not denying the meteor...that part im sure of. Im denying the whole "this is gonna cause some of panic and be some huge event" that this has turned into.

Again...see you guys in a few minutes when it has burned up harmlessly in the atmosphere. Is that better?

Originally posted by md11forever

Originally posted by princeofpeace

It isn't a prediction, this bolide was spotted and is expected to impact the atmosphere somewhere over Sudan at approx 9:46pm CST. They say that this body is expected to burn up harmlessly in the atmosphere causing nothing but a good light show.
Remember that just because it is 946pm cst on the 6th in the USA, it will already be the 7th at the point of impact.
I know it's hard, but try to shed that US-centric point of view.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by princeofpeace]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Dang it! I had found a link in a Google search and I will have to find it again, but by the time I find it the event will probably already have happened. but the OP's source states this.

The fireball may be visible over much of northern Africa, the Middle East, and possibly even southern Europe
SOURCE
If you are in Italy I would concentrate on the Eastern hemisphere.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Regardless of the doomsday-like prophecies, I want to see some footage of the light show! I hope someone can video this and post it on here so we can all see the brilliance of nature

P.S. With this advanced notice I'd be disappointed if it's nothing more than a quick fly-by with no cool explosion..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join