It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report warns of dangers to US with rise of China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Report warns of dangers to US with rise of China

www.washingtontimes.com

The United States needs new weapon systems, including missile defenses and other advanced military capabilities, to deter and counter China's steady buildup of nuclear and conventional arms, according to a draft internal report by a State Department advisory board. The report, by the Secretary of State's International Security Advisory Board (ISAB), is the first to recommend such defenses against China, including technology in space. The draft, a copy of which was obtained by The Washington Times, said Chinese strategy goes beyond building forces capable of retaking the island of Taiwan. China seeks to "break out" by projecting power beyond its region including sea lanes that carry energy resources for its modernization, the document said. The draft report said China's "major objective is to counter U.S. presence and U.S. military capabilities in East Asia through the acquisition of offensive capacities in critical functional areas that systematically exploit U.S. vulnerabilities." It said the buildup involves capabilities for "asymmetric warfare," such as space and computer weapons, that could help Chinese forces defeat a stronger U.S. military. Among the areas of U.S. strategic vulnerability identified in the report are gaps in U.S. missile defenses; dependence on space for communications; the U.S. inability to use force against China except through aircraft carrier groups; and "fragile electronics and the Internet." The report recommends that the United States acquire new offensive space and cyber warfare capabilities and missile defenses as well as "more robust sea- and space-based capabilities" to deter any crisis over Taiwan. China currently has about 20 missiles capable of reaching the United States but is projected to have more than 100 nuclear missiles, some likely with multiple warheads, by 2015, the report said................. read more
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here we are again.More proof of the u.s. is in danger.The world does not like us.Sometimes i don't blame them!But we have to do something soon to stop them or evenus from destroying this great nation.The u.s. stands for great things,Or at least it used to.What can we do to get our america back?I for one am looseing faith.There are to many other countrys that are coming up in this world.We need to do something to show we are a force that want just lay down and let them destroy us.

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The U.S. will not last as a world super power forever. You can pretty much get that out of your heads. Look at history!!!! We've had agriculture and been somewhat Civilized for the last 10,000 some odd years and show me one Super power in history that has lasted !!!!!

The time for a shift is fast approaching and is inevitable. Instead of fighting it, adapt to it.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It is becoming a bit overwhelming with numerous reports of threats coming out all at the same time. There is also the financial market that could be in turmoil. All rolled together I am beginning to rethink some of my long term plans, you know, just in case the world is a vastly different place when I get older. Who knows though, no amount of planning predicts the future, and everything could be just fine.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
The U.S. will not last as a world super power forever. You can pretty much get that out of your heads. Look at history!!!! We've had agriculture and been somewhat Civilized for the last 10,000 some odd years and show me one Super power in history that has lasted !!!!!

The time for a shift is fast approaching and is inevitable. Instead of fighting it, adapt to it.

I think we are very quickly moving towards not being a super power any longer. Personally I welcome it, I dont mind being a financially sound country, but I despise this global conquest, its our way or the highway attitude we have had for so many years.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The Rise of the Shanghai Cooperation posted www.abovetopsecret.com...

for more information go here www.sectsco.org...

the cooperation was organized to counterbalance nato and united nations.

this is their 5th anniversary

Declaration on Fifth Anniversary of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (Shanghai, 15 June 2006) On the occasion of the fifth anniversary of the establishment of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (hereinafter referred to as the SCO), the heads of SCO member states -- President Nursultan Nazarbaev of the Republic of Kazakhstan, President Hu Jintao of the People’s Republic of China, President Kurmanbek Bakiev of the Kyrgyz Republic, President Vladimir Putin of the Russian Federation, President Emomali Rakhmonov of the Republic of Tajikistan and President Islam Karimov of the Republic of Uzbekistan -- met in Shanghai, the SCO’s birthplace, and stated as follows: I The SCO was founded in Shanghai five years ago pursuant to a strategic decision made by its member states to meet challenges and threats of the twenty-first century and bring about durable peace and sustainable development of the region. This decision, which ushered in a new historical phase of regional cooperation, is of great importance to the establishment and maintenance of peace and stability and the creation of an inclusive environment for cooperation in the SCO region. With volatile changes taking place in the international and regional environment, the SCO has become an important mechanism for deepening good-neighborly cooperation, friendship and partnership among its members. It is a good example of dialogue among civilizations and an active force for promoting democracy in international relations.
www.sectsco.org...

"deepening good-neighborly cooperation, friendship and partneship...............and an active force

[edit on 6-10-2008 by musselwhite]

top topics

join