It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few meters planetoid will hit Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
You keep saying that these scientists do not know. What scientists? Can you provide a link where they said they do not know wether the meteor is going to hit or not?
[edit on 6-10-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

Kolejne obliczenia pokazują, że obiekt wejdzie w atmosferę pod niewielkim kątem do poziomu i ze stosunkowo niedużą prędkością. Może to spowodować stopniowy jego rozpad na kawałki, z których niektóre mogą nawet spaść na ziemie w postaci meteorytów. Jeśli tak by sie stało, ważne jest, by ludnośc lokalna zwracała uwage na spadki dziwnych przedmiotów (no ale to jest Sudan, a pora nocna, więc z tym może być trudno).

so, probably it can go as lightly into the atmosphere as it will not blow up very high, but can just go into a small pieces

forum.gazeta.pl...

OK ?

so, I've done my job. I'm going sleep, have a good night

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Tunguska was estimated around 60 meters in dia. IF this was similar that is a wide area of damage. Also don't discount effects on satellites. EMP possibilities as well

Does any one have an idea of the material this or the Tunguskiaone is / were?? cos that has got to make a hell of a difference, also the angle and vellocity. Should be interesting... Hope it's a one off (ie a lone object) Time will tell

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Tunguskiaone was not a metor. It was a tesla experiment gone wrong.... Modern science just writes it off as a metor because they claim the father of electricity was a crack pot.....

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Why is this being called a minor planet I say! I take issue with that label, for what is actually an asteroid. Asteroids are quite distinct from planets, especially +-5m ones!

Hopefully we won't see a repeat of the Tunguska impact devastating the Sudanese countryside, those poor people have had enough to deal with...

Imo this will cause nothing but a pretty shooting star... that may impact the Earth! But probably not...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

Tunguskiaone was not a metor. It was a tesla experiment gone wrong.... Modern science just writes it off as a metor because they claim the father of electricity was a crack pot.....

What was he doing out there in the middle of Siberia? Any proof of these wild accusations? I don't think Tesla was seen as a crackpot btw, his AC current electricity distribution system has been adopted by the whole world. And he's just plain awesome.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sechmet

Didnt read OP properly

[edit on 6/10/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It's now 2:34AM in Sudan...

anything yet?

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Ferengi]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferengi
It's now 2:34AM in Sudan...

anything yet?

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Ferengi]

Its supposed to happen at 2:46am UTC, which is in about 2 hours.....sorry, had to clarify

[edit on 6/10/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

Not to get to far off topic but it had to do with the wireless transmission of electricity... It was supposed to end at the north pole to charge the aura borialis in time to coincide with Admirals Byrds fly over the north pole.....

Mistakes were made and the shot went too far and vaporized a forest in russia.

Sorry for the side track yall... just answering the question

and now back to the topic at hand.

THIS friggin asteroid!!

Scary!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

Not to get to far off topic but it had to do with the wireless transmission of electricity... It was supposed to end at the north pole to charge the aura borialis in time to coincide with Admirals Byrds fly over the north pole.....

Mistakes were made and the shot went too far and vaporized a forest in russia.

Byrd's flight was in 1926. The Tunguska event was in 1908. Unless you're talking about some other vaporized Russian forest.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I posted the news story a bit later after unsuccessfully searching for articles on this, so sorry to the OP if I stepped on toes, but I am informed on these subjects and have additional information on the other thread for anyone following.

Major Bolide Forcast Tonight

Again, apologies to the OP. This could be important enough for two threads.

ZG

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by sechmet

Pffff, yeah hit the earth like the Tu24 asteroid was supposed to last year

That didnt occur and like all crappy predictions, this wont either

I hope you are right, of course.
But according to SpaceWeather, the probability of a hit is 99,8 %.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
As far as I can gather, both the harvard .edu source and NASA.gov has changed the time to 02:46 UTC/GMT now. 10:46 EST. Which is in about 3 hours from now. Please correct me ASAP if this is not accurate.

Source: www.cfa.harvard.edu...

Current time in UTC for simplicity: www.worldtimeserver.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by sechmet

Pffff, yeah hit the earth like the Tu24 asteroid was supposed to last year

That didnt occur and like all crappy predictions, this wont either

I hope you are right, of course.
But according to SpaceWeather, the probability of a hit is 99,8 %.

Yes, I misintepreted the OP, apologies for that, and checked the site

But as for it causing serious damage.....I cant see it

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I wonder if its a warning from above.

UFO (Orb) Destroys Meteor Before Hitting Planet Earth

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The nominal orbit given above has 2008 TC3 coming to within one earth
radius around Oct. 7.1. The absolute magnitude indicates that the
object will not survive passage through the atmosphere.

Steve Chesley (JPL) reports that atmospheric entry will occur on 2008
Oct 07 0246 UTC over northern Sudan.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siblin
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

That's fine with me. I have no issue with you preferring to stick strictly to the facts, and I don't believe I've yet to suggest otherwise. It's probably best for your immediate sanity, so good on you.

You're very talkative for not having a problem with the "what ifs" in this thread, however.
Are you sure it's okay with you if I disagree with you on that point? All I have are your posts to go on, and intentions are easily lost between the lines.

Im very talkative for having a problem with the "what ifs"? Give me a break, Im only talkative because I feel very strongly of my opinion not because I dont want people to play what if.Thats just silly. Like I said, before I too have played what if and I will do it again. Infact one of the bigger threads I have made involved a what if.

My stance being lets not jump to conclusions.

Yes, by the way its ok for you to disagree with me on anypoint you want as long as its ok for me to stick to the facts rather than speculate and jump to conclusions. Deal?

[edit on 6-10-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I do that all the time.
(Shoot from the hip, I mean. ;-)

BTW, I was just watching CNN, and it turns out Sudan had a major sand storm today.
According to their meteorologist, they (Sudan and the neighbouring countries) get such a storm maybe once a year.
And they got it tonight of all nights?

That's one "happening" country tonight...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by born²
The nominal orbit given above has 2008 TC3 coming to within one earth
radius around Oct. 7.1. The absolute magnitude indicates that the
object will not survive passage through the atmosphere.

Steve Chesley (JPL) reports that atmospheric entry will occur on 2008
Oct 07 0246 UTC over northern Sudan.

Cheers for that

Good to some sanity still left on ATS

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Ok sir or madam,

It was at www.spaceweather.com...

they give it a 99.8% chance of hitting.

For some reason this site is not loading at this time, it is probably getting bombarded.

Thanks I appreciate that. I will check it out as soon as the site is running again. I would be a sir by the way

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join