It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whos crisis is it anyway?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
in the past few months, there has been a financial avalanche, snowballing on a global scale. it started with a manufactured housing bubble popping in the US and has since expanded to encompass almost every banking institution in the world. the PTB are, at this very moment, running around like headless chickens trying any and every idea they can come up with to try to improve the situation, thus far unsuccessfully.

the questions on my mind however have, to date, only been glancingly dwelt upon. the basic questions, the who, what, where, when and why questions. our civilisation is being systematically destroyed before our collective eyes and we're left to wonder and the ineptness of those on whom one of the pillars of our society is built.

our civilisation can largely be said to be built on trade, science and democratic governance. these are the pillars on which we have built the modern world, but as we look around at the world in which we live we are forced to admit that these instatutions seem to be failing, themselves, us and each other.

science has become a corporate entity, the spirit of enquiry squashed beneath the oppressive weight of market requirements. our governments are being dictated to by their corporate sponsors and parties decide upon candidates based, not on worthiness to rule, but on their ability to attract investors. and strangest of all, trade is being crushed beneath the needs of the ever profit hungry, all consuming corporations.

but, of coarse these corporate entities are not the problem, a company, even if it is legally an individual, can not be to blame. of course not. but then what is a corporation except an entity that hides the identity and interests of those we glibly refer to as the powers that be or the elites. i'm not sure i know who these people are exactly, but i am sure that they exist. i am sure they care nothing for humanity, i am sure they care nothing for international borders and i suspect they don't even care about money. they care about only one thing, power.

it is my opinion, my firm belief, that this latest financial crisis will not, can not, be the ruination of civilisation by itself. instead it seems to be a symptom of the rot that has enveloped us.

it is a crisis of the banks, by the banks, i can only assume it is for the banks, or rather for those for whom the banks are a mask. it is built on fear, it is built on presumption of the situation, as it is and as it will be. there is no new flaw in the system, nothing is true today that has not been true for the past 20 years. this is an entirely manufactured crisis.

so, my questions, who, what, where, when and why?
who does this crisis benefit?
what will they gain?
where do they want this to end?
when do they want this to end?
why have they done this?

and one more, how will this increase the power of the only people capable of causing it?

[edit on 6-10-2008 by pieman]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
... the PTB are, at this very moment, running around like headless chickens trying any and every idea they can come up with to try to improve the situation, thus far unsuccessfully.

This is the only part you have wrong, the PTB are enjoying the gathering of the harvest so-to-speak as they begin the process of consolidating more assets to their fold. The people that are panicking are the Tools that they manipulate and everyone else. Soon the American worker making $10.00 per hour will still be making $10.00 per hour, but that $10.00 will not be worth what it was against wages around the globe. Systematic devaluation is at work now reducing your income against global markets.

new topics

join